12-07-2013 11:53 AM
30 12
tools
    So far, I still prefer Slacker for the radio function. For a specific song though, Goog has the advantage I think.
    All access does this too. Pick a song or artist you like and it'll populate a huge list of songs that are similar. That was the first thing I tried when I signed up. Exactly like Pandora, but you can like/dislike and skip as much as you want.
    10-10-2013 12:39 PM
    "OK Google Now, play some Childish Gambino"

Google Now opens, recognizes "play some Childish Gambino" then pulls up this screen -

Attachment 84487

The blue bar fills and it starts playing a song by Childish Gambino.
    Off topic: I love Childish. He has a new album dropping soon, too.
    10-10-2013 03:39 PM
    All access does this too. Pick a song or artist you like and it'll populate a huge list of songs that are similar. That was the first thing I tried when I signed up. Exactly like Pandora, but you can like/dislike and skip as much as you want.
    I mean I like Slacker's radio better than Goog's. (Or pandora for that matter) Google picks too much variance for my taste, and it's much harder to narrow it down. But for one song or album that I don't happen to have, Google is way nicer obviously. Plus, paid versions of slacker and pandora give unlimited skips as well.
    10-10-2013 09:24 PM
    Delighted to find this works with my paid Rhapsody subscription.

Sadly it doesn't work with genres. I really wanted "OK Google Now, play some Christmas music" to work. Maybe next year.
    12-05-2013 03:21 PM
    I just figured it out. After I would give the command it would come up but would ask to select how to play. If you select the Google play icon then change it to Google music, it remembers your selection from there on out. Problem solved!

Sent from my White Moto X
    I did that, and now it works if I ask it to play something that I have previously listened to in Play Music / All Access, but if I ask for something new it still brings up Google search results instead of just finding the best match in All Access and playing it, which is what I'd really like it to do, especially while driving,

Posted via Android Central App
    12-07-2013 11:53 AM
30 12