I really love the Moto X (I've had the Backflip, Bravo, and Atrix 2, so I am used to and like the Motorola UI), but it's $200 online for the upgrade. Sam's club is offering the phone for $175, but you only get the choice of white or black. I thought I've heard of some way of sending the phone back to Motorola's Texas factory to have it redone, but I can't find anything on it. One of the sales associates at Best Buy told me something similar, but there, too, they charge $200, too. Does anybody know?

I also saw that orders through MotoMaker get a free Skip included, but it said it was a short time. Does anybody know if it's still being offered? If so, is it worth it to just go through the MotoMaker website to get it?
    10-04-2013 08:06 PM
    I think it is. I paid 627 for mine. Best 627 I ever spent.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-04-2013 09:38 PM
    You can only swap if you originally went through moto maker.

Sent from my White Moto X
    Ry likes this.
    10-04-2013 09:46 PM
    I asked someone from the live chat on Motorola's website. Felt like I was talking to a computer. According to them, you can only customize when you order through MotoMaker or if you purchase an auth code from AT&T.

The first "person" I talked to, I asked if I could order through Sam's Club, and they just kept responding with "Customization is only available with AT&T at this time," even after I explained to them it would be an AT&T phone, that they are an authorized AT&T dealer, but they didn't seem to get it.
    I tried asking them about the skip, but they didn't seem to recognize that I asked the question.
    10-05-2013 04:03 PM
    You can only customize through moto maker website

Ry likes this.
    10-05-2013 06:32 PM
    I asked someone from the live chat on Motorola's website. Felt like I was talking to a computer. According to them, you can only customize when you order through MotoMaker or if you purchase an auth code from AT&T.

The first "person" I talked to, I asked if I could order through Sam's Club, and they just kept responding with "Customization is only available with AT&T at this time," even after I explained to them it would be an AT&T phone, that they are an authorized AT&T dealer, but they didn't seem to get it.
    I tried asking them about the skip, but they didn't seem to recognize that I asked the question.
    Customization is NOT available from dealers, only AT&T directly. I would go through BestBuy and get the Geek Squad plan, but 32gb is not available without customizing.
    The AT&T Next plan is only available direct also.

10-05-2013 10:18 PM
    Alright, got it.

And as for my second question, Skip is still being offered free when bought through MotoMaker.

Unfortunately, on MotoMaker, I'm getting a message that I'm not eligible for an upgrade. On AT&T's website, it says I am. Going to the AT&T store later today to work it out.
    10-07-2013 09:05 AM