10-10-2013 10:44 AM
89 1234
tools
    Like I said, I love my moto x but I pretty much always knew that it was my android placeholder while I was waiting for the N5. I'm going to miss it but I can't see having the Moto x and the N5 at the same time. I probably wouldn't use the Moto X much at all after I get the N5. Good time to ebay it while it has a little value. I'm glad that I got the black one because the custom jobs will be tough to sell.
    That's why I went stock white. Easier to resell. That and I like the way it looks.

Sent from my White Moto X
    10-06-2013 10:26 AM
    100% will ebay the Moto X for the N5. Most that say no will also do it but have a hard time admitting it because they just got their Moto X. Don't get me wrong, the moto x is one of the best that I have ever had but the N5 is a must have.
    Why is the N5 a must have?

T-mobile Moto X
    Ry and Paisley like this.
    10-06-2013 10:28 AM
    Like I said, I love my moto x but I pretty much always knew that it was my android placeholder while I was waiting for the N5. I'm going to miss it but I can't see having the Moto x and the N5 at the same time. I probably wouldn't use the Moto X much at all after I get the N5. Good time to ebay it while it has a little value. I'm glad that I got the black one because the custom jobs will be tough to sell.
    Agree on the custom colors. Once I saw the Nexus 5 will have 32GB, I was pretty excited! I have seen the Moto X's going for 400-500 in the DFW area on CL, a bit less for the custom jobs compared to black or white. Might be time to sell one of my S4's in advance of the Nexus 5 dropping since I do not need three phones, especially since the Nexus 5 will likely have a nano SIM...do not look forward to screwing with adapters.
    10-06-2013 10:29 AM
    From what I read vzw wont be getting the N5 .Since your profile shows you to be on vzw I assume thats still true ? If so you are going to another carrier to get the N5 if its not coming to vzw ?
    10-06-2013 11:24 AM
    VZW is for work phone. I can jump carriers anytime I want with my job. Verizon has the best coverage and the Moto X so.......I will switch carriers for the N5 like I did for the N4.
    From what I read vzw wont be getting the N5 .Since your profile shows you to be on vzw I assume thats still true ? If so you are going to another carrier to get the N5 if its not coming to vzw ?
    10-06-2013 11:56 AM
    VZW is for work phone. I can jump carriers anytime I want with my job. Verizon has the best coverage and the Moto X so.......I will switch carriers for the N5 like I did for the N4.
    You must have a great job. I'm sure they love paying your ETF's every time you jump carriers. Still tho, why is the N5 a must have phone?

T-mobile Moto X
    10-06-2013 12:19 PM
    Large corporations that use multi carries don't have the same deals as consumers.....as for your second question? If you need to ask then it's probably best that you stick with what you have
    You must have a great job. I'm sure they love paying your ETF's every time you jump carriers. Still tho, why is the N5 a must have phone?

T-mobile Moto X
    10-06-2013 12:26 PM
    Large corporations that use multi carries don't have the same deals as consumers.....as for your second question? If you need to ask then it's probably best that you stick with what you have
    OK. Sure thing. I'm assuming you have no clue what makes the N5 any better then. :-)

T-mobile Moto X
    10-06-2013 01:04 PM
    Most that say no will also do it but have a hard time admitting it because they just got their Moto X.
    And you know this how?
    fldude99 likes this.
    10-06-2013 01:24 PM
    OK. Sure thing. I'm assuming you have no clue what makes the N5 any better then. :-)

T-mobile Moto X
    Well if you were following grants posts you would know why .. he is pissed at moto's customer support when they messed up selling him a warranty plan .. he is waiting to get rid of the device since then ..

Posted via Android Central App
    10-06-2013 01:24 PM
    Well if you were following grants posts you would know why .. he is pissed at moto's customer support when they messed up selling him a warranty plan .. he is waiting to get rid of the device since then ..

Your statement has nothing to do with my question of "what makes the N5 a must have phone." Other then 4.4 and development abilities I see no benefit why the N5 is a must have phone.

I'm sorry that he has problems with Motorola, I too had an issue with Motorola taking 10 days to deliver my Moto X to me.

T-mobile Moto X
    10-06-2013 01:39 PM
    Your statement has nothing to do with my question of "what makes the N5 a must have phone." Other then 4.4 and development abilities I see no benefit why the N5 is a must have phone.

I'm sorry that he has problems with Motorola, I too had an issue with Motorola taking 10 days to deliver my Moto X to me.

T-mobile Moto X
    Maybe its his preference. He definitely had a bad taste in his mouth after that warranty issue, and he was a big fan of n4. I'm guessing before the x his mind was already set on n5.

10-06-2013 01:44 PM

T-mobile Moto X
    If the Moto X's get updated in timely manner maybe not a big deal. That remains to be seen on a major OS upgrade. To some that is paramount in which device they get and once you have that with a nexus, it is hard to wait on the carriers again especially months or more.
    10-06-2013 01:56 PM
    If the Moto X's get updated in timely manner maybe not a big deal. That remains to be seen on a major OS upgrade. To some that is paramount in which device they get and once you have that with a nexus, it is hard to wait on the carriers again especially months or more.
    Also depends on what's significantly upgraded. 4.2.2 on the x doesn't feel like much of a downgrade from my nexus.

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    anthony2558 and davidnc like this.
    10-06-2013 02:02 PM
    I'm fairly certain the X will receive timely updates. Most people don't realize Google and Motorola are still separate companies so it would behoove Google to make sure Motorola keeps their devices up to date.

davidnc likes this.
    10-06-2013 02:06 PM
    This is true. But why not stay with they Nexus 4. Why jump to the Moto X. The N4 will get 4.4, and the N5 will probably ship with 4.4. The development community loves Samsung's and the nexus line I get that. I still have my N4 and flash ROM's. But when u need a device that works well, battery that last for 24-27 hrs and feels great in my hand, I'm sticking with the X. That would be my personal preference.

To thegrants82: don't make an assumption that a lot of us are gonna jump ship, but we're afraid to say it because we just bought the phone. Try; "the reason I'm moving to the N5 is because....."

I'm hoping the Moto X will get 4.4 and I'm sure it will get one update after that, but like 95% of every other phone out their the updates will end. Motorola said they had a future with the X and they would be adding to it as we move along. I don't really know what that entails, but it sounds good.

T-mobile Moto X
    10-06-2013 02:14 PM
    Nope!

1) No Active Notifications. Active notification is one of the best smartphone innovations in years. Particularly in the case of the Moto X, given how it sips so little power to make it happen.

2) I just bought the Moto X, like a month ago. What could possibly posses me to buy another phone already?

As far a ROM tinkering goes, nothing is preventing you from doing that with the X...

Title says it all. I love my X but I do miss tinkering with roms and such.
    If the new nexus comes in under 500 bucks are you tempted to switch?

10-06-2013 02:20 PM
    Also depends on what's significantly upgraded. 4.2.2 on the x doesn't feel like much of a downgrade from my nexus.

It actually feels like a slight upgrade.

T-mobile Moto X
    10-06-2013 02:24 PM
    I'm fairly certain the X will receive timely updates.
    Hasn't this already been proven false? 4.3 has been out for months and no Moto X has officially received it.

I guess it depends on your definition of timely but it will almost certainly be at least several months after a nexus gets an update that the X receives it.

Sent from my HTC One mini
    10-06-2013 02:45 PM

I did not realize the moto x was not on 4.3.

Posted from my bada$$ GT-I9505G
    10-06-2013 02:56 PM
    Hasn't this already been proven false? 4.3 has been out for months and no Moto X has officially received it.

I guess it depends on your definition of timely but it will almost certainly be at least several months after a nexus gets an update that the X receives it.

Several months would still be considered timely for a device that goes through the carriers. I would consider the HTC ONE getting 4.3 through the carriers a fairly timely update.

I guess I should have worded it differently. What I meant was, it will be a long time before Motorola abandons the X like they were quick to do with some of their previous devices.

Of all non nexus/gpe devices, I would think the x will be the most supported by its manufacturer compared to s4, one, g2 etc.

10-06-2013 03:08 PM
    I did not realize the moto x was not on 4.3.

Posted from my bada$$ GT-I9505G
    4.3 had just been released when the X was already in testing and close to being released. That's why they didn't release it with 4.3. I would bet that they may just skip 4.3 and update strait to 4.4 kind of like HTC did with some of their versions of the ONE going from 4.1 to 4.3.

anthony2558 likes this.
    10-06-2013 03:11 PM
    I think all the carriers but 2 have pushed an update(camera fix,etc) vzw being one of the ones that hasnt yet. The other carrier being US Cellular that hasnt released it yet .I dont think it will be long til vzw releases it tho

sent from Moto X
    10-06-2013 03:40 PM
    I think all the carriers but 2 have pushed the an update vzw being one of the ones that hasnt yet.I cant remenber the other carrier right now that hasnt released it yet .I dont think it will be long til vzw releases it tho

sent from Moto X
    The update is NOT 4.3 though, just to be clear.

10-06-2013 03:48 PM
    4.3 had just been released when the X was already in testing and close to being released. That's why they didn't release it with 4.3. I would bet that they may just skip 4.3 and update strait to 4.4 kind of like HTC did with some of their versions of the ONE going from 4.1 to 4.3.

Gotcha. I have been looking at the DE model and just looked and it is also on 4.2.2. Hopefully since it gets updated directly from Moto it will be updated in a timely manner since 4.4 will be out soon.
    10-06-2013 03:54 PM
89 1234