10-10-2013 10:44 AM
89 1234
tools
    I did not realize the moto x was not on 4.3.
    I had 4.3 on my Galaxy Nexus before I got my Moto X. I really can't tell the difference.

Posted via Android Central App
    davidnc, anthony2558 and fldude99 like this.
    10-06-2013 03:56 PM
    I am in love with the form factor and have grown tired of the 5 inch form factor. The Moto X feels better than any of the current flagships in my hand and will be my phone for the considerable future.
    benhmadison likes this.
    10-06-2013 06:10 PM
    Well if you were following grants posts you would know why .. he is pissed at moto's customer support when they messed up selling him a warranty plan .. he is waiting to get rid of the device since then ..

didn't he already swap it for an iPhone?
    fldude99 likes this.
    10-06-2013 06:45 PM
    Neither do I but if you sell your current device when something else comes you pretty much break even.
    It's not about money. As I said, I know how to love what I have.
    10-06-2013 07:03 PM
    No, he has a 5s and a moto x
    didn't he already swap it for an iPhone?
    10-06-2013 07:03 PM
    It's not about money. As I said, I know how to love what I have.
    That's great, I guess I took your comment as a slight for people who like to change devices often. This is a tech enthusiast site and many members are constantly switching devices or if they have the funds they may have several. I apologize if I mistook your comment.

Sent from my White Moto X
    10-06-2013 07:26 PM
    If I had a Moto X at this point, I'd probably stay with it. I've been a big advocate of the contextual awareness and language features, and I stand to benefit from them. That said, price is what kept it off the table so far, and when the next Nexus drops I expect it to be priced reasonably lower than the Moto X Dev Edition. So it does look like I'll be getting the Nexus 5.

Matt has the right idea, though. The Nexus 10 successor... that has to happen too.
    10-07-2013 12:48 PM
    As a phone hore myself I can understand the question but the Moto X is a great phone and there'd have to be something really wrong to make me want to leave her so fast. Has she not been good to you?
    10-07-2013 02:30 PM
    I also have a DE GSM, and am awaiting the 4.3 update. One would hope Moto will roll it out to the DE devices before working with carriers on their devices...

10-07-2013 02:46 PM
    I do not have plans to upgrade to a N5 when it hits the market; as I just got my Moto X less than a month and a half ago; and honestly the Moto X exceeds everything I hoped for coming from a GNex. With the latest update from Moto/Google on the camera and overall stability; the phone is even more awesome.

The three reasons I think anyone could be looking to change to a N5 from a Moto X; have the financial ability to change over, playing and chasing the never ending Tech loop, or because they feel that they need that extra screen space. An extra inch up does help with stylus writing, more screen size for multimedia use. And a N5 would fit that bill for anyone who wants the extra realestate while keeping as stock android.

But other than that, there is no other reason that fits why anyone would move from a Moto X to a N5. Active notification, voice control with a nearly stock no hiccup handset is already enough to keep me. hell; if Active Notification stay a Moto/ Google only thing; Motorola might be the only company I will be buying my next phone from. Current software set on the Moto X; makes being on a "nexus" program next to obsolete... unless you must have the fastest update for the next iteration. I mean... basically the Moto X is the cross over for a "Google" products for a 4 inch screen thus replacing the N4.
    10-07-2013 03:37 PM
    Moto X2 is what I would leave this one for.

10-07-2013 03:41 PM
    Moto X2 is what I would leave this one for.

Your don't think their gonna pull a Droid X to a Droid X2 on us..... Oh man I hope not. ;-)

T-mobile Moto X
    10-07-2013 04:01 PM
    nah.. moto x2 will be next year fall ..with more innovative features and upgraded motomaker to be able customize more than just the cosmetics
    Your don't think their gonna pull a Droid X to a Droid X2 on us..... Oh man I hope not. ;-)

T-mobile Moto X
    10-07-2013 04:04 PM
    I left for the Note 3 but I'm having serious second thoughts. I may stop by ATT to pick up a nano sim to activate at home and use an adapter.
    10-07-2013 04:11 PM
    I will not be leaving the Moto X per se, but I am definitely pickup up a Nexus 5 the moment it goes on sale. I like to have 2 phones on hand just in case, and since I sold my S4 Active, I'm in need of another. I'll probably use the Moto X as my primary phone, and the Nexus 5 as my tinkering phone. I love the Moto X too much to ditch it so soon.
    10-07-2013 04:30 PM
    I had 4.3 on my Galaxy Nexus before I got my Moto X. I really can't tell the difference.

But you'll be able to tell the difference when 4.4 comes out.
    I really like the X and would love to purchase one with 32GB on VZW If any indication manifested itself that the X will get updates that don't lag more than 6 months behind at the 1 year point.
    I REALLY love Nexus devices and would LOVE to get the next Nexus, but folks in my office who have AT&T and T-Mobile just don't get good signal or service while they are at work. Not being able to use a phone at work is kind of a dealbreaker.

Man, these 1st world problems are a B!t(h
    10-07-2013 04:50 PM
    If I had a Moto X at this point, I'd probably stay with it. I've been a big advocate of the contextual awareness and language features, and I stand to benefit from them. That said, price is what kept it off the table so far, and when the next Nexus drops I expect it to be priced reasonably lower than the Moto X Dev Edition. So it does look like I'll be getting the Nexus 5.

Matt has the right idea, though. The Nexus 10 successor... that has to happen too.
    Are you referring to the Moto X price? IMO it is a very fair price for what you get. I don't see how or why they would price it below the tier 1 devices such as HTC One or S4
    10-07-2013 06:11 PM
    Anyone using the nano SIM with a micro adapter for using another device? Not ready to give up my S4 GPe just yet but I also do not want to bork it with a jacked up adapter. Any good recommendations? If so I would at least try a Moto X DE.
    10-07-2013 07:21 PM
    Anyone using the nano SIM with a micro adapter for using another device? Not ready to give up my S4 GPe just yet but I also do not want to bork it with a jacked up adapter. Any good recommendations? If so I would at least try a Moto X DE.
    I use Noosy adapters. Got them from Amazon. They work well and I have not had any issues with them.
    anthony2558, planoman and huntnyc like this.
    10-07-2013 07:44 PM
    if theres no update to fix the voice cutting out issue on the X by the time N5 is released, I will dump it asap. As much as i love the active notifications, theres no reason to keep a phone to where nobody can understand anything i say.
    10-07-2013 07:59 PM
    theres no reason to keep a phone to where nobody can understand anything i say.
    what?
    10-07-2013 08:03 PM
    what?
    the phone cuts off on voice calls. people can only make out every other word i say.
    10-07-2013 08:21 PM
    if theres no update to fix the voice cutting out issue on the X by the time N5 is released, I will dump it asap. As much as i love the active notifications, theres no reason to keep a phone to where nobody can understand anything i say.
    What carrier are you on? I have the T-Mobile version, other carries should be being pushed sooner then later. The latest update for the camera also addressed call quality issues regarding the cutting out. I have not had a single complaint from any one on the other end of a phone call tell me I'm cutting out anymore.

T-mobile Moto X
    10-07-2013 08:24 PM
    the phone cuts off on voice calls. people can only make out every other word i say.
    It think he was being sarcastic... Get it... "What" haha.

T-mobile Moto X
    10-07-2013 08:25 PM
    I use Noosy adapters. Got them from Amazon. They work well and I have not had any issues with them.
    I second these. Work great.

T-mobile Moto X
    planoman likes this.
    10-07-2013 08:26 PM
89 1234