Who is thinking about leaving the Moto X for the Nexus 5 when it drops?

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering it, but I love my Moto X and I have a Nexus 7 for playing with new firmware.

Posted via Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have been holding my cash waiting. I have even gone so far as to have the Moto X developers edition in my cart ready to check out...After seeing the so called manual today on the Nexus 5, I think I will hold until it drops. It has been hard resisting the moto x with the camera being the only thing holding me back and that seems to be fixed or better. I think the Nexus 5 will be a beast if the rumors pan out.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
100% will ebay the Moto X for the N5. Most that say no will also do it but have a hard time admitting it because they just got their Moto X. Don't get me wrong, the moto x is one of the best that I have ever had but the N5 is a must have.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
100% will ebay the Moto X for the N5. Most that say no will also do it but have a hard time admitting it because they just got their Moto X. Don't get me wrong, the moto x is one of the best that I have ever had but the N5 is a must have.

I almost said that many would do it also but I do not have a moto x to really know. I predict many will also get the Nexus 5, maybe in addition to their moto x.

Last edited:

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Like I said, I love my moto x but I pretty much always knew that it was my android placeholder while I was waiting for the N5. I'm going to miss it but I can't see having the Moto x and the N5 at the same time. I probably wouldn't use the Moto X much at all after I get the N5. Good time to ebay it while it has a little value. I'm glad that I got the black one because the custom jobs will be tough to sell.
I almost said that many would do it also but I do not have a moto x to really know. I predict many will also get the Nexus 5, maybe in addition to their moto x.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Like I said, I love my moto x but I pretty much always knew that it was my android placeholder while I was waiting for the N5. I'm going to miss it but I can't see having the Moto x and the N5 at the same time. I probably wouldn't use the Moto X much at all after I get the N5. Good time to ebay it while it has a little value. I'm glad that I got the black one because the custom jobs will be tough to sell.

That's why I went stock white. Easier to resell. That and I like the way it looks.

Sent from my White Moto X

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Why is the N5 a must have?

T-mobile Moto X

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Agree on the custom colors. Once I saw the Nexus 5 will have 32GB, I was pretty excited! I have seen the Moto X's going for 400-500 in the DFW area on CL, a bit less for the custom jobs compared to black or white. Might be time to sell one of my S4's in advance of the Nexus 5 dropping since I do not need three phones, especially since the Nexus 5 will likely have a nano SIM...do not look forward to screwing with adapters.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

From what I read vzw wont be getting the N5 .Since your profile shows you to be on vzw I assume thats still true ? If so you are going to another carrier to get the N5 if its not coming to vzw ?

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
VZW is for work phone. I can jump carriers anytime I want with my job. Verizon has the best coverage and the Moto X so.......I will switch carriers for the N5 like I did for the N4.
From what I read vzw wont be getting the N5 .Since your profile shows you to be on vzw I assume thats still true ? If so you are going to another carrier to get the N5 if its not coming to vzw ?

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
VZW is for work phone. I can jump carriers anytime I want with my job. Verizon has the best coverage and the Moto X so.......I will switch carriers for the N5 like I did for the N4.

You must have a great job. I'm sure they love paying your ETF's every time you jump carriers. Still tho, why is the N5 a must have phone?

T-mobile Moto X

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Large corporations that use multi carries don't have the same deals as consumers.....as for your second question? If you need to ask then it's probably best that you stick with what you have:)
You must have a great job. I'm sure they love paying your ETF's every time you jump carriers. Still tho, why is the N5 a must have phone?

T-mobile Moto X

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Large corporations that use multi carries don't have the same deals as consumers.....as for your second question? If you need to ask then it's probably best that you stick with what you have:)

OK. Sure thing. I'm assuming you have no clue what makes the N5 any better then. :)

T-mobile Moto X

Last edited:

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
OK. Sure thing. I'm assuming you have no clue what makes the N5 any better then. :)

T-mobile Moto X

Well if you were following grants posts you would know why .. he is pissed at moto's customer support when they messed up selling him a warranty plan .. he is waiting to get rid of the device since then ..

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well if you were following grants posts you would know why .. he is pissed at moto's customer support when they messed up selling him a warranty plan .. he is waiting to get rid of the device since then ..

Your statement has nothing to do with my question of "what makes the N5 a must have phone." Other then 4.4 and development abilities I see no benefit why the N5 is a must have phone.

I'm sorry that he has problems with Motorola, I too had an issue with Motorola taking 10 days to deliver my Moto X to me.

T-mobile Moto X

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Your statement has nothing to do with my question of "what makes the N5 a must have phone." Other then 4.4 and development abilities I see no benefit why the N5 is a must have phone.

I'm sorry that he has problems with Motorola, I too had an issue with Motorola taking 10 days to deliver my Moto X to me.

T-mobile Moto X

Maybe its his preference. He definitely had a bad taste in his mouth after that warranty issue, and he was a big fan of n4. I'm guessing before the x his mind was already set on n5.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

T-mobile Moto X

If the Moto X's get updated in timely manner maybe not a big deal. That remains to be seen on a major OS upgrade. To some that is paramount in which device they get and once you have that with a nexus, it is hard to wait on the carriers again especially months or more.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If the Moto X's get updated in timely manner maybe not a big deal. That remains to be seen on a major OS upgrade. To some that is paramount in which device they get and once you have that with a nexus, it is hard to wait on the carriers again especially months or more.

Also depends on what's significantly upgraded. 4.2.2 on the x doesn't feel like much of a downgrade from my nexus.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

I'm fairly certain the X will receive timely updates. Most people don't realize Google and Motorola are still separate companies so it would behoove Google to make sure Motorola keeps their devices up to date.

Sent from my White Moto X

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon