12-28-2013 07:10 PM
37 12
tools
    This is one of the most (in my opinion) underrated features of the Moto X.

I am hoping to get Googles rumored smart watch to pair with my phone at all times, but how do you all use the trusted devices feature in your daily lives?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4
    10-06-2013 02:18 PM
    I also love this feature. Currently, only my car is a trusted device.

I wish the feature also worked for wifi networks. It would be nice to leave the phone unlocked while connected to my home network.
    10-06-2013 02:21 PM
    I use a Panasonic audio dock and the car.

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    10-06-2013 02:21 PM
    I would pair it with my Fitbit tracker, but the Moto X is incompatible with Fitbit.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk 4
    anon(4196132) likes this.
    10-06-2013 02:24 PM
    Will a blue tooth dongle in my work pc work as a trusted device?

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-06-2013 04:50 PM
    Will a blue tooth dongle in my work pc work as a trusted device?

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    Yes

Posted via Android Central App
    10-06-2013 05:26 PM
    car stereo
    10-06-2013 05:43 PM
    My Pebble is the best one. I also have my JBL Charge speaker as well as my Touareg. After putting one of the NFC dots on my nightstand I'm loving it. I almost never notice I have to enter a passcode.
    10-06-2013 06:46 PM
    Can someone explain to me how you can practically use nfc to bypass a lock screen? If I understand correctly, it needs to touch the phone to bypass, whereas with trusted bluetooth devices, it can work when in the device's connection range, but not necessarily touching.

I know that skip clip can go on your pocket so it touches the phone as you pull it out, but thanks to active notifications, just because I pull the phone out of my pocket, it doesn't mean I want to unlock it.

For this reason a bluetooth device on my person would be ideal, but I don't own a smart watch, and am waiting for the rumored Google watch.

Not asking for a solution just voicing my train of thought.

10-07-2013 02:32 AM
    Can someone explain to me how you can practically use nfc to bypass a lock screen? If I understand correctly, it needs to touch the phone to bypass, whereas with trusted bluetooth devices, it can work when in the device's connection range, but not necessarily touching.

I know that skip clip can go on your pocket so it touches the phone as you pull it out, but thanks to active notifications, just because I pull the phone out of my pocket, it doesn't mean I want to unlock it.

For this reason a bluetooth device on my person would be ideal, but I don't own a smart watch, and am waiting for the rumored Google watch.

Not asking for a solution just voicing my train of thought.

I have the free Skip tags from ordering my phone via Moto Maker. I have found that I love the Skip much more than I anticipated. I was very skeptical of the use as well because I saw the superiority of the Trusted Bluetooth system, but the Skip has been great whenever I'm not actually connected to my bluetooth zones which are: Home Computer, Work Computer, and my car.

I find that the tag doesn't work as you mention it to unlock it as you pull the phone out in a smooth motion from the pocket, in fact I found I was unable to keep the tag attached to my pants or shirt. The magnets just are not strong enough to keep the tag attached to me. It was constantly falling off when I bump it into things. But, I found that I WAS able to get it to work well by clipping it onto my belt.

The Skip is great for the vast majority of the time that I am not near any of my bluetooth zones because I can put a very strong password on my phone yet still have easy access to it.

I would probably have no use for it if I had a smart watch, but at this moment in my career I cannot afford to waste my money on one when it will provide no substantial benefit to me, other than being able to get my notifications without picking up my phone.
    10-07-2013 07:11 AM
    My Pebble is the best one. I also have my JBL Charge speaker as well as my Touareg. After putting one of the NFC dots on my nightstand I'm loving it. I almost never notice I have to enter a passcode.
    I'm very tempted to buy a Pebble right now.
    10-07-2013 10:38 AM
    At home - my landline phone (since it has BT to allow for cell phone connectivity) or my Macbook Pro
    In the car - the car headunit that supports BT.
    At work - my work laptop
    Out and about - my Pebble (this is awesome)!
    planoman likes this.
    10-07-2013 02:09 PM
    At home - my landline phone (since it has BT to allow for cell phone connectivity) or my Macbook Pro
    In the car - the car headunit that supports BT.
    At work - my work laptop
    Out and about - my Pebble (this is awesome)!
    I had read in another post that people were having problems using a Mac for this. Did you have any problems?
    10-07-2013 03:48 PM
    I also love this feature. Currently, only my car is a trusted device.

I wish the feature also worked for wifi networks. It would be nice to leave the phone unlocked while connected to my home network.
    The "Tasker" and "Secure Settings" app combo will do this for you with no additional battery drain. I just set mine up to do this and absolutely love it. Give it a shot.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-07-2013 09:32 PM
    But you'll need to root to do it

10-07-2013 09:33 PM
    I'm very tempted to buy a Pebble right now.
    Me too! But I want to wait to see what Google comes up with

Ry likes this.
    10-07-2013 10:28 PM

Yea, I'm hoping they announce it with Kit Kat and the Nexus 5. Supposedly, its codename is "Gem".
    10-07-2013 10:31 PM

They have the MOTOACTV project that they can learn lessons from.

Basically, I think I want an "eInk" Google Now display on my wrist. I think.

10-07-2013 10:50 PM
    But you'll need to root to do it

You don't need root to toggle the lock screen on/off. I don't have root and it works just fine.
    10-08-2013 11:30 AM
    My trusted BT devices are:

MetaWatch smart watch.
    Think Outside folding keyboard.
    Phone/audio systems in our 2 cars.
    Bose headset.

When I wear my MetaWatch, I switch my Moto X to silent since the MW vibrates.

I'm loving the whole trusted BT devices thing.
    10-14-2013 07:41 PM
    Do I caved, got a pebble from best buy since it was on sale. I REGRET NOTHING

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    12-21-2013 11:20 AM
    I got a Pebble.

12-21-2013 11:42 AM
    I have a Cobra Tag for Blackberry/Android ordered from Groupon to play around with. I really like the idea of Trusted Bluetooth device and screen lock bypass. After the first of the year there are going to be a bunch of TAGs entering the market place the will run on batteries (CR2032 and such) that last much longer and not required recharging daily or every other day. Price should be in the 25-35 dollar range per Tag. Stay tuned!!!

Bluetooth LE + Android and why the smart tag revolutions is upon us — Tech News and Analysis

Tile Wants You To Stop Losing Important Stuff With Its Bluetooth Tags Plus App Combo | TechCrunch

Chris
    12-21-2013 12:20 PM
    Alpine stereo in my truck and Uvi in my car. Have one of those keychain dongles coming from Group on.

12-21-2013 12:55 PM
    Used the Cobra Tag for a while. Worked great, no complaints. Had to jump on the Pebble wagon a few days ago since it was a steal at Best Buy.

I enjoy the fact I can keep the phone on silent and get a vibration notification through the Pebble.
    12-21-2013 01:13 PM
37 12