pulled the trigger on a moto x...

onlyoneromeo

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
i was due for an upgrade. the geek in me could not go another day without ordering a new high end device. i currently have a gn2 . i recently went thru a z10 (twice) and a htc one.i like to have more than one phone so my plan was to have one android phone and one iphone. the gn2 is an awesome device but i wanted something different.i went to the att store and looked long and hard at the note 3 , lg g2 and i wanted to look at an iphone but they were out of stock. one of the main things i got this phone was because of the quick access to the camera and the size.
for those of you that upgraded to the motox what phones did you have prior and what made you get the moto x over the other top end phones out there?

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I have been using the htc one daily for about four months. I recently decided to pickup a moto x as well and could not be more pleased. I still love my one and enjoy it for different reasons, but I have to admit the Moto x is a great device. Some serious software optimization going on. The features it adds to basically stock like skinless android makes for one fantastic experience. It's got a great size and also gets great battery life. I can easily go two days with four hours of screen time. One day I had six hours of screen time throughout the day. I'm generally not a fan of amoled displays however it makes the active notification feature that much more power efficient. You can't go wrong with the Moto x. Also if you switch between phones and need a nano to micro sim adapter let me know. I came across a really solid German made adapter that works great.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I switched to the X due to the form factor of the device and the extra features like active notifications and the battery life. Came from a HTC ONE and don't regret the switch.

Sent from my White Moto X

kupochan

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Welcome! We hope, like the rest of us, enjoy your Moto X. We're here to answer questions as we ourselves are still learning! I myself come from Galaxy phones (Captivate, Skyrocket, and very briefly III) and it's a little different adjusting to almost-pure stock android, but it brings such a clean and smooth experience. There are really tiny things I miss from TW, but lag and hangs are things I'm glad to have let go.

I was finally convinced that specs have reached their limit to where they're at optimum performance and phone makers should now make their focus on user experience. Motorola did a fantastic job on that. They had me sold the moment I saw the commercials for touchless controls, active notifications, and wrist-flick camera. You'll have to see for yourself why Motorola considers this a serious contender for GS4/One/Xperia Zy...wqr (whatever).

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I had a note 2 and can have any phone I want. I want the moto x for a long time. Tired of regurgitant upgrades from Samsung with those gawd awful buttons from so long ago on the bottom. I am so over it. Effing love this phone.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk now Free

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I had a note 2 and can have any phone I want. I want the moto x for a long time. Tired of regurgitant upgrades from Samsung with those gawd awful buttons from so long ago on the bottom. I am so over it. Effing love this phone.

Welcome! We hope, like the rest of us, enjoy your Moto X. We're here to answer questions as we ourselves are still learning! I myself come from Galaxy phones (Captivate, Skyrocket, and very briefly III) and it's a little different adjusting to almost-pure stock android, but it brings such a clean and smooth experience. There are really tiny things I miss from TW, but lag and hangs are things I'm glad to have let go.

I was finally convinced that specs have reached their limit to where they're at optimum performance and phone makers should now make their focus on user experience. Motorola did a fantastic job on that. They had me sold the moment I saw the commercials for touchless controls, active notifications, and wrist-flick camera. You'll have to see for yourself why Motorola considers this a serious contender for GS4/One/Xperia Zy...wqr (whatever).

I don't miss the lag and hangup either.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
How ten you liking the Moto X? It's definitely a great device, both form and function wise.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

CCmatey

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey X guys could someone check out dynamic notifications and tell me how it compares to active? I really like dynamic and it seems similar

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m_term%3Ddynamic+notifications&token=968Nhaew

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

I had been using Dynamic Notifications on my Droid DNA until I made the switch to the Moto X yesterday. So far I can say while it's definitely similar it is NOT as good as Active notifications. It just always seemed a little buggy to me and I have not had that experience on the Moto X.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
There are 2 kind of bloatware. OS bloatware(skins) and 3rd part App bloatware.

Moto X is near stock and app bloatware is minimum. This is a huge thing for me. G2 and S4 are bloated in every way possible.
This make me recommend moto X to everyone.

onlyoneromeo

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
still waiting on it . i used motomaker and costomized a 32 gig one. i should have it by thursday. white front, whte woven back and orange accents .

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Awesome man! Let me know what you think!

Sent from my White Moto X

Yep! Sure will! I was about to pull the trigger on the DE and checked Craigslist just to see what was on there and a posting just hit about a mint ATT moto x for a price I could not refuse! Turns out after emailing back and forth, I know the person! Must be fate!