Foliage journey with the Moto X!

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Halloween is just around the corner and the changing of leaves is happening all around the new england area. I live in boston and thought it would be cool to see some pictures of places with the changing of leaves. If you like to contribute, please post the general area where you took the picture(s), and whether or not you have installed the update. For those who are not in a good foliage place, or wish to not participate than name a picture that you find as the best foliage picture. It's a good way to show off our camera because right now I am surprised at how clear my pictures came out. I took these pictures in boston with the new update (AT&T) while driving home; these pictures are pretty cool because I snapped them while driving 40+ mph, and I didn't focus, edit, or had enough time for the camera to adjust. I just shook the camera to turn it on and pressed the screen to snap these pictures. I didn't even look at the phone while shooting these.

IMG_20131007_151328559.jpgIMG_20131007_151332581_HDR.jpg
IMG_20131007_151808349_HDR.jpgIMG_20131007_152251304_HDR.jpg
IMG_20131007_152335982.jpgIMG_20131007_152353557.jpg
IMG_20131007_152358838_HDR.jpgIMG_20131007_151514976.jpg
IMG_20131007_151623188_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
thats very clear considering you have glass in front of you
To tell you the truith, I didn't even realize that my windshield could have blurred my pictures until you posted this comment. haha.... and to think that my windshield is dirty while I am driving 40 mph and didn't have time to focus. This is awesome... I love this phone!

Last edited:

kupochan

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for showing us the capabilities with this phone. I spent some time yesterday tinkering with the camera in different settings, with and without HDR. One thing I keep seeing is a slightly blurry pic if there's an indirect light source in the pic and it brings everything out of focus/fades it. A good example of what I'm talking about is your 2nd to last pic (everything near the sunlight is faded out). I feel the HDR remedies it somewhat, but again still learning when it's best to have HDR on or off (I feel Auto doesn't really make the best decision). Still a huge improvement with the update though!

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for showing us the capabilities with this phone. I spent some time yesterday tinkering with the camera in different settings, with and without HDR. One thing I keep seeing is a slightly blurry pic if there's an indirect light source in the pic and it brings everything out of focus/fades it. A good example of what I'm talking about is your 2nd to last pic (everything near the sunlight is faded out). I feel the HDR remedies it somewhat, but again still learning when it's best to have HDR on or off (I feel Auto doesn't really make the best decision). Still a huge improvement with the update though!

I have auto on with the new update. I think it works alot better than before the update, but it still haves problem with lighting when the sun glares at the camera part of the phone. I hope everyone can now see that this is probably the only phone out there to capture pictures while in movement or while things are in movement. It is what motorola claims, the phone can capture any moment in time within any place with a quick flick of the wrist and touch to the screen. No need to look at the phone while taking the picture unlike other devices.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I have auto on with the new update. I think it works alot better than before the update, but it still haves problem with lighting when the sun glares at the camera part of the phone. I hope everyone can now see that this is probably the only phone out there to capture pictures while in movement or while things are in movement. It is what motorola claims, the phone can capture any moment in time within any place with a quick flick of the wrist and touch to the screen. No need to look at the phone while taking the picture unlike other devices.

When you miss a moment fumbling for the app and the where the shutter button is. Why is it that Motorola who dosen't mess with benchmarks and give us stuff that works as avertised is the underdog? Haha.

kupochan

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
When you miss a moment fumbling for the app and the where the shutter button is. Why is it that Motorola who dosen't mess with benchmarks and give us stuff that works as avertised is the underdog? Haha.

Moto X, for the underappreciated/underestimated people in society lol seriously, I get underestimated quite often, but people are surprised when they see what I'm capable of. I guess that's why I was drawn to this phone haha like attracts like!

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Awesome photos! You are lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the country. I'm stuck in Louisiana (aka hell) where it's still 90 degrees and humid as hell. Enough complaining from me:) Enjoy that fall weather!

Sent from my White Moto X

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Awesome photos! You are lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the country. I'm stuck in Louisiana (aka hell) where it's still 90 degrees and humid as hell. Enough complaining from me:) Enjoy that fall weather!

Sent from my White Moto X

Thanks.. I remember that weather because I grew up in phoenix where it is hotttt.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888