Re-trained 'Touchless Control'...

Lucidlore

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
After a few tries i was able to to train it to respond to "ok moto" but it wasn't nearly as responsive with that prompt, requiring me to say "ok moto" 2 and sometimes 3 times before it responded, so i just changed it back to ok google now.

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
You will have pretty bad trigger accuracy and false wake ups, there is high probability that your device will wake up often without you triggering it, when you are in slight noisy environments or when your TV is running ..

...and now it responds to "OK Moto".

Did'ja know it'll work to tell Moto to 'Open (App Name)"? Just opened Gallery that way.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I name all my phones and tablets after crabs. I was hoping to train my phone to open with "OK, crabby patty..." but I guess my dream will have to wait.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
You will have pretty bad trigger accuracy and false wake ups, there is high probability that your device will wake up often without you triggering it, when you are in slight noisy environments or when your TV is running ..

Guess what, guesswhat_567, for 3 days now *none* of your dire predictions have occurred...and using it can open any app, including Settings ( just compared my About phone info to one posted in another thread).

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I had started a thread when I got my saying I had trained " OK Motorola" and how it worked well.. Then it quit lol.. So I had to go back to OK Google now.. I hope this keeps working for you because I want something other than OK Google now.

I am wondering when. The first update will hit touchless controls, since its an app and can be updated w out a system update..

So far though the active notifications and touch less controls have been awesome, even in the baby stages of use...

Using my Moto Droid Maxx

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
My phone was pretty spotty reacting to "Ok Google Now" so I changed it to " Ok Google". It took a few times to get the training down, but the response is much better, even when I'm in the car with the windows down and radio on.

elchip

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I tried to retrain it, but it wouldn't accept anything that didn't sound like "OK Google Now." How do you retrain it?

I really want it to respond to "Computer" with a slight inflection at the end, like on Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I tried to retrain it, but it wouldn't accept anything that didn't sound like "OK Google Now." How do you retrain it?

I really want it to respond to "Computer" with a slight inflection at the end, like on Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Same here - not the "Computer" part - the can't retrain part. I tried retraining it last night to respond to "OK Google" instead of "OK Google Now", but it kept saying that it didn't think my command sounded enough like "OK Google Now". Maybe I'll try again - sounds like it took some folks several tries.

added: Just tried it again - it kept wanting to hear "OK Google Now" and never recognized repeated attempts at "OK Google" and "OK Moto".

Wondering how people are making this work.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Wondering how people are making this work.

Patience, Grasshopper! It took 3 or 4 attempts to make it happy on the third confirmation step for me, but did accept "Ok Moto".

Now I'll concede that it's often quicker to open an app the conventional way, but I get a kick outta the new stuff! :D

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Patience, Grasshopper! It took 3 or 4 attempts to make it happy on the third confirmation step for me, but did accept "Ok Moto".

Now I'll concede that it's often quicker to open an app the conventional way, but I get a kick outta the new stuff! :D

Indeed. I'll have to try in the privacy of my home. Even though I shut my office door, I'm sure the muffled sound coming through the door sounded like a complete dork repeating the phrase - which is one reason I only tried a couple of times :cool:

kupochan

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

I saw this comment the day that you posted it thinking "what is he talking about? Maybe his is faulty" as I also trained mine to "ok, moto". Low and behold, yesterday and today it keeps randomly activating touchless controls when playing music or as it picks up noise. It went into driving mode and played music (as I programmed it) while it was just sitting on a counter lol Sucks as I have a hard time saying "google" unless I say it slowly. I don't know why, but it's just challenging for me to say it naturally lol

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I saw this comment the day that you posted it thinking "what is he talking about? Maybe his is faulty" as I also trained mine to "ok, moto". Low and behold, yesterday and today it keeps randomly activating touchless controls when playing music or as it picks up noise. It went into driving mode and played music (as I programmed it) while it was just sitting on a counter lol Sucks as I have a hard time saying "google" unless I say it slowly. I don't know why, but it's just challenging for me to say it naturally lol

Ya .. algorithm to detect the trigger phrase is tuned to work with OK Google now only for best performance ..changing it any other phrase will degrade the performance ..unless you get lucky like the OP :)

Posted via Android Central App

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm baaaack! And "Ok Moto" still doing just fine...in fact, while using the new "I'm feeling lucky" thingie in Google Play Music from my collection of tunes uploaded there a year or more ago, I noticed there was no Artist name on one of my songs, so...
"Ok Moto"
<ding>
"Help me identify the artist on this song"
Then I held the Moto X up to the crappy speakers on my laptop and hit Play...
<ding>
"That is "Have I Told You Lately" by Rod Stewart"
<ding>
And it popped up a card for that song in the Music Store!!

(Eckchually, I knew his name but wasn't sure how it was spelled!)

Then I edited the entry in the playlist.

Done.

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm baaaack! And "Ok Moto" still doing just fine...in fact, while using the new "I'm feeling lucky" thingie in Google Play Music from my collection of tunes uploaded there a year or more ago, I noticed there was no Artist name on one of my songs, so...
"Ok Moto"
<ding>
"Help me identify the artist on this song"
Then I held the Moto X up to the crappy speakers on my laptop and hit Play...
<ding>
"That is "Have I Told You Lately" by Rod Stewart"
<ding>
And it popped up a card for that song in the Music Store!!

(Eckchually, I knew his name but wasn't sure how it was spelled!)

Then I edited the entry in the playlist.

Done.

You can also just say "What song is this?".

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Just an fwiw from someone who was having trouble re-programming the prompt command - I got it to work w/ OK Google. It took several tries, but it worked. I think I'll reprogram to Moto instead of Google. I seem to remember I had a beloved Motorola Slvr phone back in the dumb phone days (my favorite dumb phone ever, one reason I went with the Moto X when it came out). I believe that phone had some "Moto" jargon in the voice commands somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12