anyone got defective from moto maker?

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
One of my hesitations of ordering from motorola is having disappointment of receiving defective phone and having to go through return process and hope for a fixed one. I'm on Verizon and would want to wait to be sure we will get the update. Who knows what will come first, moto maker or update.

I am worried because I had to return 2 moto x already due to horrible call quality (presumably to be fixed by update but who knows... choppy audio thing). If mine were indeed defective then I can hope that perhaps they came from an early production run and by ordering custom at least I know it is being made then and it's not coming from old inventory that might be more likely to have a bad mic or loose buttons or whatever else.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
One of my hesitations of ordering from motorola is having disappointment of receiving defective phone and having to go through return process and hope for a fixed one. I'm on Verizon and would want to wait to be sure we will get the update. Who knows what will come first, moto maker or update.

I am worried because I had to return 2 moto x already due to horrible call quality (presumably to be fixed by update but who knows... choppy audio thing). If mine were indeed defective then I can hope that perhaps they came from an early production run and by ordering custom at least I know it is being made then and it's not coming from old inventory that might be more likely to have a bad mic or loose buttons or whatever else.

That new update definitely fixes this issue

Posted via Android Central App

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
The fact that many seem to be thrilled with their voice quality before the update makes me think the update fixes a problem with a batch of phones, or some phones are better than others and the patch brings all of them to an improved baseline. I wish we had more details from Motorola about it so I don't have to speculate. If I get a fresh off the line one, maybe I won't need the update (due to hardware fix or programming of updated parameters at the factory so OTA would be redundant)? Basically trying to decide if I should consider buying from moto maker before the update is available, and I don't like to ever assume I'd get an update until it happens. Or, I forget about 32GB and moto maker and buy from verizon when the update is available and hope for the best. I still wish I would get one without the rough vibrating which maybe they fixed in newer production process also (tightening down screws better? someone said that worked but I'm not opening the back).

tortex73

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site

I can confirm this. A friend of mine used to complain every time we talked on the phone. Since the update, she says it's a million times better. People even sound louder and clearer on my end now.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The fact that many seem to be thrilled with their voice quality before the update makes me think the update fixes a problem with a batch of phones, or some phones are better than others and the patch brings all of them to an improved baseline.

because thats how sometime bugs behave even if all phones are alike