Is there a way to disable Backup Assistant Plus?

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
First off... it's been a week and I absolutely love the Moto X. This is probably the best Android phone ever. The radio and battery are a huge improvement over the Galaxy Nexus. Plus, it's just so snappy.

Anyway... Is there a way to disable Backup Assistant Plus and Backup Assistant? I've cleared the cache and data but disable is greyed out. I was able to successfully disable Sync Service, but those two won't disable. I don't have that feature on my account.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Unless you root the phone, there is unfortunately no way to disable Backup Assistant Plus. It's one of those annoying Verizon bloatware apps that we're stuck with.

mistermojorizin

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I recommend one of the mellower earlier versions of root. You don't need to pwn your moto to achieve this. And unroot is 1 click away and it didn't change the qe stats

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyway... Is there a way to disable Backup Assistant Plus and Backup Assistant? I've cleared the cache and data but disable is greyed out. I was able to successfully disable Sync Service, but those two won't disable. I don't have that feature on my account.

Well first, the service or the app? You can stop the service on Verizons website, I sure did. But for the app you will need root, I recommend No Bloatware Free (or something along the lines) deleted a lot of bloatware, gone in a folder, off my device.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Well first, the service or the app? You can stop the service on Verizons website, I sure did. But for the app you will need root, I recommend No Bloatware Free (or something along the lines) deleted a lot of bloatware, gone in a folder, off my device.

I mentioned above that I don't have the feature (service) on my account.