10-13-2013 07:17 PM
29 12
tools
    I can agree on the Note 3 being too big (for me, my brother loves the size) but The Note 3 and the Moto X are two very different phones.
    I don't have a note 3 but did have the S4 having the same basics, bloat & TW. The Note 3 and TW have a lot of "features" good or bad.
    The Moto camera leaves room for improvement, but I seriously hardly even take pictures of anything. The S4 and Note 3 have killer cameras.
    The moto is 99% stock android but with useful, unique features that cater to the experience, making it my favorite android to date.
    I also think the S4 is pretty awesome, even with a little lag here and there. I am one of the few that actually Likes Touchwiz.
    The Moto kind of reminds me of using an iPhone or windows 8 phone, sort of... both are more about the experience than having the most features.

I wish people would ignore specs when talking about the Moto X. The Moto x, other than the screen and camera, owns the S4 on performance in REAL life.
    Benchmarks don't matter. The X is fast and smooth. I can't get it to lag doing ANYTHING.
    Is the X perfect? no. Does the X provide a great user experience while using? Yes.

Hard choice you have. The win win is both phones are great, just like the G2. I can honestly say, sometimes, I still miss my S4... something about that phone makes me think I should get another one.
    10-13-2013 03:53 AM
    The note 3 is also to big for me personally .I came from a Galaxy Nexus and S3 to the Moto X.All those phones have close to the same size screen.So far the Moto X has done great. I like a pocketable phone,not one that likes a holster or to keep phone in hand when walking around.But then thats why they make all sizes of phones

sent from Moto X
    10-13-2013 02:32 PM
    Just picked up a Note 3 for the wife and I plan to grab a $99 Moto X for myself.

My wife carries her phone in her purse and has never put it in her pocket, so size is not an issue. She wanted a bigger phone (coming from iPhone 4s) and when she saw the oversized Note, it was game over for anything else. I always have my phone in my jeans/shorts pocket, so even the HTC One, S4, X2 feel too big for me. She also uses the phone most often in the car, so with Bluetooth, it stays in her purse. I thought it was going to look ridiculous using it as a phone against your head, but it doesn't and I have to admit to loving the big screen, even if it's not for me, and the camera is awesome.

Have not noticed any lag, will be interesting to compare when my Moto X gets here. Does have a lot of dumb features, but turn them off and they stay off, no big deal.

And I think I like Touchwiz too. I have a vanilla android (4.3) Nexus 7 tablet and don't get all the hoopla over wanting a vanilla android experience. For updates and bloat it's a win, but some of the UI changes of do feel like improvements.
    10-13-2013 04:17 PM
    I have a vanilla android (4.3) Nexus 7 tablet and don't get all the hoopla over wanting a vanilla android experience. For updates and bloat it's a win, but some of the UI changes of do feel like improvements.
    Personally, I want a pure or relatively pure Android experience because it's simple and clean. From there, I can modify the experience with apps, which is what I would prefer to do. TouchWiz just has SO MUCH going on. Simply pulling down the notification shade would constantly drive me crazy. So many of the other features would likely go unused by me, which I would also find annoying.
    10-13-2013 07:17 PM
29 12