Thinking about the X (from a note 3)

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the Note 3 and I love the screen but the phone is just a little big for me. Not to mention Samsung has so many gimmicky features that don't really work as adveryised. I am very tempted to make the switch to the moto x and get the developer edition. Had anyone else switched from a note 3? I know this is a biased forum bit I have to ask.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk now Free

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
the moto x and note 3 are not even in the same class. With that, the moto x was one of the hardest phones to return. I absolutely recommend that phone. For my needs it was close, just missed note style battery life and storage. If you can get one with 32g storage and the note 3 is to big, I say go for it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
That's the thing I love the storage of the Note and battery life. I thought I would use the stylus more but it is very useful for drawing

anon(6085464)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm about to pull the trigger for the Dev edition, the only problem for me is that we don't get to customize it. Guess I'll have to get a case to fix that :(.

Not like this phone needs that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I have read the battery life thread in the Note 3 forum and don't see any difference in daily battery life between the two devices. I saw some users with 30 hours off charger but only 2-3 hours of screen time and other users with 15 hours off charger and 6 hours screen time.

Definitely play around with the Moto X in store.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Yup. With my moto x I can go two days with four hours of screen time, or one day with six hours. Great device.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the Note 3 and I love the screen but the phone is just a little big for me. Not to mention Samsung has so many gimmicky features that don't really work as adveryised. I am very tempted to make the switch to the moto x and get the developer edition. Had anyone else switched from a note 3? I know this is a biased forum bit I have to ask.

With every phone is the good and the bad. The moto x still needs to fix the camera and idle drain is plaguing a handful of devices. Plus, this isn't the highest "spec"(many ppl has quoted that) device possible. However, the X caters to a user in a whole different way, and its hard to tell a person that this device is for you without you trying the device before hand. In some cases the X isn't for the person because they have different wants in their personalized form factor. This is fine because the bottom line is to find the best device for you. I would suggest to try a moto x in-store, or pull the trigger with the thought of testing the device for a week. That way you can find what you do like and not the other way around. Good luck.

Posted via Android Central App

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
That's the thing I love the storage of the Note and battery life. I thought I would use the stylus more but it is very useful for drawing

it is crazy some of the art work that people do. I will have to link the s pen art thread. Sometimes with school and other desktop sites I need a 'mouse' to navigate correctly and the spen delivered. Sometimes I need to sign documents and from the note that is possible. can I "live" without these functions? of course, but enterprise security is nice for when I return to the medical field and the battery life of the note is mandatory for my needs along with the storage.

the moto x does have great battery life as well, but I would be red at 7 or 8 at night and that was with leaving the house off a 100% charge. I need my maslows higherarchy of needs met at the base levels. with shutting down active listening and gps and bump charging in the car, I could get a 24 off the moto x. nothing beats that device for being comfortable. the os is simply a zen phenomenal experience unlike the complicated note. I am not a fan of home buttons and prefer the moto x setup. I am completely open to a moto x every day ha ha, but for the utilitarian in me, a note is what I am going with for now.

in all honesty, I would have kept the x had I got the dev edition and delt. The moto x is highly underrated and is the most innovative android to date. love that phone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The note 3 may be too big but I am thinking the moto may be too small on the screen. I have only had it a day but it seems to me the icon are smaller and the usable screen space is very close to the iPhone 5 I have when accounting for the on screen buttons.

Is it my imagination? Coming from an s4 screen.

Sent from my Moto X

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
That's what I'm worried about. It does seem super small, but I didn't know if that was because I'm coming from a monster. Maybe the N5 be better in that aspect.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
The note 3 may be too big but I am thinking the moto may be too small on the screen. I have only had it a day but it seems to me the icon are smaller and the usable screen space is very close to the iPhone 5 I have when accounting for the on screen buttons.

Is it my imagination? Coming from an s4 screen.

Sent from my Moto X

Accounting for on screen buttons the screen is still equivalent to 4.4" or so, significantly larger than iPhone 5s.

Sent from my XT1053

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Accounting for on screen buttons the screen is still equivalent to 4.4" or so, significantly larger than iPhone 5s.

Sent from my XT1053

And take out the notification strip...it is much smaller than I was anticipating. The iPhone icons may even be bigger. I will post pics of the moto x, iPhone 5 and S4 later to demonstrate what I mean.

Sent from my Moto X

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
And take out the notification strip...it is much smaller than I was anticipating. The iPhone icons may even be bigger. I will post pics of the moto x, iPhone 5 and S4 later to demonstrate what I mean.

Sent from my Moto X

They are bigger. That's why they fill up the whole screen. Big-a-s douchey icons. Lol.

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my Moto X

You can increase icon size with a 3rd party launcher like Nova or Apex.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
-Touchjizz or Close to stock Android with great added features
-Look like a moron talking on the phone with a tablet or have a normal size smartphone
-Support Apple acting Samsung or Support a company actually innovating and made in the USA
-Lag or no Lag
-Gimmicks or useful features
-Ugly *** fake leather phone or a beautiful phone
-No egronomics or possibly the most egronomics phone out

Last edited:

Ron Khan

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
-Touchjizz or Close to stock Android with great added features
-Look like a moron talking on the phone with a tablet or have a normal size smartphone
-Support Apple acting Samsung or Support a company actually innovating and made in the USA
-Lag or no Lag
-Gimmicks or useful features
-Ugly *** fake leather phone or a beautiful phone
-No egronomics or possible the most egronomics phone out

+1....well done.

Posted via Motorola Motox

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance