10-13-2013 07:17 PM
29 12
tools
    I currently have the Note 3 and I love the screen but the phone is just a little big for me. Not to mention Samsung has so many gimmicky features that don't really work as adveryised. I am very tempted to make the switch to the moto x and get the developer edition. Had anyone else switched from a note 3? I know this is a biased forum bit I have to ask.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk now Free
    10-10-2013 11:05 AM
    the moto x and note 3 are not even in the same class. With that, the moto x was one of the hardest phones to return. I absolutely recommend that phone. For my needs it was close, just missed note style battery life and storage. If you can get one with 32g storage and the note 3 is to big, I say go for it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    10-10-2013 12:04 PM
    That's the thing I love the storage of the Note and battery life. I thought I would use the stylus more but it is very useful for drawing

10-10-2013 12:28 PM
    I'm about to pull the trigger for the Dev edition, the only problem for me is that we don't get to customize it. Guess I'll have to get a case to fix that .

Not like this phone needs that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
    10-10-2013 12:30 PM
    I have read the battery life thread in the Note 3 forum and don't see any difference in daily battery life between the two devices. I saw some users with 30 hours off charger but only 2-3 hours of screen time and other users with 15 hours off charger and 6 hours screen time.

Definitely play around with the Moto X in store.
    10-10-2013 12:47 PM
    Yup. With my moto x I can go two days with four hours of screen time, or one day with six hours. Great device.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    10-10-2013 01:03 PM
    I currently have the Note 3 and I love the screen but the phone is just a little big for me. Not to mention Samsung has so many gimmicky features that don't really work as adveryised. I am very tempted to make the switch to the moto x and get the developer edition. Had anyone else switched from a note 3? I know this is a biased forum bit I have to ask.

With every phone is the good and the bad. The moto x still needs to fix the camera and idle drain is plaguing a handful of devices. Plus, this isn't the highest "spec"(many ppl has quoted that) device possible. However, the X caters to a user in a whole different way, and its hard to tell a person that this device is for you without you trying the device before hand. In some cases the X isn't for the person because they have different wants in their personalized form factor. This is fine because the bottom line is to find the best device for you. I would suggest to try a moto x in-store, or pull the trigger with the thought of testing the device for a week. That way you can find what you do like and not the other way around. Good luck.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-10-2013 01:42 PM
    That's the thing I love the storage of the Note and battery life. I thought I would use the stylus more but it is very useful for drawing

it is crazy some of the art work that people do. I will have to link the s pen art thread. Sometimes with school and other desktop sites I need a 'mouse' to navigate correctly and the spen delivered. Sometimes I need to sign documents and from the note that is possible. can I "live" without these functions? of course, but enterprise security is nice for when I return to the medical field and the battery life of the note is mandatory for my needs along with the storage.

the moto x does have great battery life as well, but I would be red at 7 or 8 at night and that was with leaving the house off a 100% charge. I need my maslows higherarchy of needs met at the base levels. with shutting down active listening and gps and bump charging in the car, I could get a 24 off the moto x. nothing beats that device for being comfortable. the os is simply a zen phenomenal experience unlike the complicated note. I am not a fan of home buttons and prefer the moto x setup. I am completely open to a moto x every day ha ha, but for the utilitarian in me, a note is what I am going with for now.

in all honesty, I would have kept the x had I got the dev edition and delt. The moto x is highly underrated and is the most innovative android to date. love that phone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    10-10-2013 01:42 PM
    If the X developer edition was available with a wood back now I wouldn't even think about the switch

10-10-2013 02:34 PM
    If the X developer edition was available with a wood back now I wouldn't even think about the switch

I hope that in the future Motorola sells parts for your moto x. Cause the Dev edition is awful to me from a color perspective.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
    10-10-2013 02:57 PM
    The note 3 may be too big but I am thinking the moto may be too small on the screen. I have only had it a day but it seems to me the icon are smaller and the usable screen space is very close to the iPhone 5 I have when accounting for the on screen buttons.

Is it my imagination? Coming from an s4 screen.

Sent from my Moto X
    10-10-2013 04:02 PM
    That's what I'm worried about. It does seem super small, but I didn't know if that was because I'm coming from a monster. Maybe the N5 be better in that aspect.

10-10-2013 04:17 PM
    The note 3 may be too big but I am thinking the moto may be too small on the screen. I have only had it a day but it seems to me the icon are smaller and the usable screen space is very close to the iPhone 5 I have when accounting for the on screen buttons.

Sent from my Moto X
    Accounting for on screen buttons the screen is still equivalent to 4.4" or so, significantly larger than iPhone 5s.

Sent from my XT1053
    10-10-2013 04:38 PM
    That's what I'm worried about. It does seem super small, but I didn't know if that was because I'm coming from a monster. Maybe the N5 be better in that aspect.

yeah, if want a bigger screen, def go for the N5 and pass on the X.
    10-10-2013 04:46 PM
    Accounting for on screen buttons the screen is still equivalent to 4.4" or so, significantly larger than iPhone 5s.

Sent from my XT1053
    And take out the notification strip...it is much smaller than I was anticipating. The iPhone icons may even be bigger. I will post pics of the moto x, iPhone 5 and S4 later to demonstrate what I mean.

Sent from my Moto X
    10-10-2013 04:47 PM
    Moto x rocks! I regret returning mine.
    benhmadison likes this.
    10-10-2013 05:25 PM
    And take out the notification strip...it is much smaller than I was anticipating. The iPhone icons may even be bigger. I will post pics of the moto x, iPhone 5 and S4 later to demonstrate what I mean.

Sent from my Moto X
    They are bigger. That's why they fill up the whole screen. Big-a-s douchey icons. Lol.
    10-10-2013 05:29 PM

Sent from my Moto X
    You can increase icon size with a 3rd party launcher like Nova or Apex.
    planoman likes this.
    10-10-2013 05:35 PM
    -Touchjizz or Close to stock Android with great added features
    -Look like a moron talking on the phone with a tablet or have a normal size smartphone
    -Support Apple acting Samsung or Support a company actually innovating and made in the USA
    -Lag or no Lag
    -Gimmicks or useful features
    -Ugly *** fake leather phone or a beautiful phone
    -No egronomics or possibly the most egronomics phone out
    10-10-2013 06:10 PM
    -Touchjizz or Close to stock Android with great added features
    -Look like a moron talking on the phone with a tablet or have a normal size smartphone
    -Support Apple acting Samsung or Support a company actually innovating and made in the USA
    -Lag or no Lag
    -Gimmicks or useful features
    -Ugly *** fake leather phone or a beautiful phone
    -No egronomics or possible the most egronomics phone out
    +1....well done.

Posted via Motorola Motox
    10-10-2013 06:24 PM
    Touch

10-10-2013 06:58 PM

Sent from my Moto X
    That was my dilemma when choosing which new Moto phone I wanted. I was so sold on the X and thought for sure that's what I'd get. But when I went and actually handled the phones in the store, I was one of the few very odd people who fell in love with the Ultra, much to my surprise. (Very unusual, believe me I've read ALL the reviews and I know how much hating goes on for the Ultra.) But anyway, I loved the bigger screen and the form and so that was it for me. But all of these 3 - Moto X, Maxx, Ultra - have these really nice, new, super useful features that Motorola has developed and they are fantastic devices, whichever one of the 3 you personally choose. I came from a 4.3 inch screen to my 5 inch Ultra and it is just right, not too big or small, for me.
    10-10-2013 07:41 PM
    Would the DROID maxx developer edition work on AT&T? Probably a stupid question

10-10-2013 10:23 PM

wanna trade?
    10-11-2013 11:11 PM
    wanna trade?
    I wouldn't trade straight up that's for sure.

10-11-2013 11:21 PM
29 12