Any one else having trouble text messaging pictures to other people, whether they are saved to the phone from the internet or taken with the camera? I keep on getting an error message or an orange triangle with an exclamation point.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-10-2013 04:09 PM
    I have sent pics taken with the camera without a problem. But some pics that I have saved from the Internet have saved in an unusual format that will not send in a text. In those cases I get a file format unsupported warning in the text. The work around I have used is to open the image in edit mode, select crop, then save it. By doing this it is saved as a normal jpg file and it will the send in a text message.
    10-10-2013 04:23 PM
    Any one else having trouble text messaging pictures to other people, whether they are saved to the phone from the internet or taken with the camera? I keep on getting an error message or an orange triangle with an exclamation point.

Has this happened to you since you have had the phone? If not, my suggestion would be to turn the phone off and back on to see if that solves the problem.
    10-10-2013 06:15 PM
    Yeah this has happened with pics from the camera for as long as I've had the phone... I tried to send a picture I took on my camera again yesterday to someone that has a galaxy s3 on tmobile and they told me they got an error from the file size being too large

10-19-2013 11:47 PM
    I tried to duplicate this issue, but was not able to. Have you tried to do a hard reset on the device?
    What is the size of the pics? The highest file size of any of my pics was 2.4mb
    10-20-2013 08:36 AM

I have not experienced the issue you are describing.

10-21-2013 10:54 PM
    Yeah this has happened with pics from the camera for as long as I've had the phone... I tried to send a picture I took on my camera again yesterday to someone that has a galaxy s3 on tmobile and they told me they got an error from the file size being too large

I had this exact same problem when sending a pic to a Nexus 4 on T-Mobile, but haven't had any problems sending to iPhones on Verizon or AT&T or some other unknown phones (sent to friend whose phone and carrier I don't know). I suspect it is a combination of a T-Mobile limitation on their end (2MB maybe?) coupled with the default (and only without cropping) picture size on Moto X being too large. Try sending the same pic to a Verizon or AT&T subscriber and see if you get the same problem. And report back - I'm curious!

After getting the error, I sent an even bigger picture (3+ MB) than the one that failed (2+ MB) to my wife's iPhone on Verizon and she got it with no problem, so I don't think the size limitation is a problem with the Moto X itself. Perhaps another messaging app that automatically resizes photos would do the trick, but if the culprit really is T-Mobile you'd hate to downsize all photos for everybody just to get some through to T-Mobile folks.
    10-22-2013 06:41 AM