10-29-2013 10:15 PM
79 1234
tools
    My 5S is going back as soon as my Moto X arrives. I just don't like iOS so despite the great camera and finger print scanner, it just wasn't enough to swing me over to Apple.
    I have to say.., I love the Moto X, the features are great. But I would have gladly traded with you. I should have stuck with my iPhone. I can't do any work stuff on the Moto X and it's killing me. Both phones have their pluses. I'm researching trading now.
    10-17-2013 09:26 AM
    Wooglin, I would like you to try something. your friends that have iPhones used to send you iMessages until you go the Moto x. Have them Delete your old contact that was associated with iMessage and have them create a new contact and send them a normal person to person text. THEIR iPhones should no longer try to default as iMessage and that may fix one fo your issues.
    I do agree tho, the iPhone email client is the best in the business. I can't believe that to this day Android hasn't tackled Native (GOOD) email clients that support more than Gmail, and Native Visual Voicemail that isn't a 3rd party app. (I use AT&T vvm app)
    While I appreciate your suggestion to have my iPhone contacts delete and recreate my contact, this is simply not a viable solution. If it is not something I can fix on my own, then it is not a solution. While this may work, there is no way I can ask all of my iPhone contacts to do this.

A note on the stock email app vis a vis exchange: I can also access sub-folders in my exchange account. Not sure why you can't.

I can't help you with your calender problem, however. The stock calender app has no problem syncing my work exchange based calender and my personal gmail calender and integrating the two. I don't have multiple exchange calenders so I can't help you with that problem.
    Just so we are clear, I have no problem accessing email sub-folders on my Moto X stock email client. However, I cannot access, view, or sync contact sub-folders from Exchange. Only Moxier app has been able to do this. But Moxier does not sync any calendars outside of Exchange. So I would have to use multiple clients to have access to all my needed contacts and calendars. So again, there is no all-in-one solution in Android that I can find for email/contacts/calendars syncing from all sources in one place...which iPhone does seamlessly out of the box.
    10-17-2013 02:18 PM
    Just so we are clear, I have no problem accessing email sub-folders on my Moto X stock email client. However, I cannot access, view, or sync contact sub-folders from Exchange. Only Moxier app has been able to do this. But Moxier does not sync any calendars outside of Exchange. So I would have to use multiple clients to have access to all my needed contacts and calendars. So again, there is no all-in-one solution in Android that I can find for email/contacts/calendars syncing from all sources in one place...which iPhone does seamlessly out of the box.
    Enjoy the iPhone. (Since your one specific need is so important.) That is why there are so many phones on the market. Get the one you want. None really cares what you use anyway.
    10-17-2013 04:33 PM
    You can order a 32 gig straight from Moto. I did and it took only about days to come in. If that helps.
    10-17-2013 10:26 PM
    Enjoy the iPhone. (Since your one specific need is so important.) That is why there are so many phones on the market. Get the one you want. None really cares what you use anyway.
    Nice Civil comment. That would be like me saying no one cares about your opinion on this matter.
    Comes off as You sounding a little **** hurt that he may have to go back to an iPhone.
    gadgetman#CB likes this.
    10-17-2013 10:35 PM
    Enjoy the iPhone.
    I am enjoying it. Just exchanged my Moto X for a 5s. It was bittersweet but had to be done. Everything is working flawlessly as it should.
    Aquila likes this.
    10-17-2013 11:06 PM
    I always enjoy it when people come to an "Android" forum and ask for people's opinion as to whether they should buy an Android or an iPhone. That's just good comedy right there!
    Oh, and yeah, I'd go with the X.

tap'n
    gdmin likes this.
    10-17-2013 11:15 PM
    Funny.... I thought the same thing asking about the iPhone on Android forum..... but all is good.....I'm trying to get a feel to go for X or Galaxy s4 seeing that Nexus 5 won't be on Verizon

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    10-17-2013 11:41 PM
    Yeah, real bummer about the Nexus! But there are some great phones coming down the pipe, so I'm not too concerned. I think I'm one of the few people that have never really been impressed with Nexus phones anyway (at least hardware wise) other than being pure Google, which you can usually get anyway by flashing a decent ROM.

tap'n
    10-18-2013 12:40 AM
    I'm actually just reading about and trying to educate myself on flashing and rooting devices and see what the real advantages of do so are.....I hear about it all the time but have not found why everyone seems to do it?? I seen it gives you the ability to remove bloat ware etc.....But what is the real advantage to rooting..And also learning about what is considered a true android or Google experience?? Like when I hear the Moto X is closest to stock Android? I'm not as techy as I thought..... Lol But I want to be....Have to start somewhere....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    10-18-2013 12:48 AM
    Rooting gives you the ability to download "root only" apps like Ad Away (which gets rid of all those pesky add within free apps), tethering apps, customizable ROMS, which provide 10x the customization options than plain stock, just to name a few "pros". Just make sure to find a good root guide and remember to only flash files that are made specifically for your model phone, otherwise you'll end up with a shiny paperweight. Don't hesitate to ask lots of questions. The root community is quite helpful, for the most part.
    Good luck & enjoy!

tap'n
    10-18-2013 01:46 AM

The HTC one is great but seems to just have to[sic] much material.

Posted via Android Central App
    Can you elaborate?

from a Note 3
    10-18-2013 02:11 AM
    Nice Civil comment. That would be like me saying no one cares about your opinion on this matter.
    Comes off as You sounding a little **** hurt that he may have to go back to an iPhone.
    I am only cruising the Moto X forum, (and HTC One forum), because I am thinking of going to the dark side. I own, and have always owned, the iPhone. The very reason Woog is staying with Apple is the very reason I am leaving them. Apple using their market dominance to "force" users to stay within their ecosystem. The issues are with Apple, not the Moto X.

I have an iPhone 4. I bought an iPhone 5, six months ago, and did not find a great deal of difference, even with the screen size, (my issue), and gave it to my wife. In weakness, I went to the iPhone 5s thinking it was special, but after a week it went back. Same basic phone as the 4 and 5, but did actually like the sensor for locking. Otherwise I would never lock my phone.

I have no dog in this fight
    CR6 and kidfox4u like this.
    10-18-2013 09:58 AM
    owned both. still own the 5s. no issues. wish VZW would've updated the x sooner. either phone device is solid...5s is a better "phone".
    10-19-2013 12:04 AM
    owned both. still own the 5s. no issues. wish VZW would've updated the x sooner. either phone device is solid...5s is a better "phone".
    dont agree, 5s has a smaller screen and doesnt feel as good in the hand as the moto x. also, motorola is known to have the best radios out there and just the fact that i can make a call and surf the web on LTE at the same time using my moto x, which you CAN NOT do on the iphone, makes the moto x the better "phone"
    10-19-2013 02:04 AM
    Not being sarcastic, but I'm not sure what you mean by "wish they updated the X sooner" ? This device JUST came out, did you own it for like 2 weeks and get rid of it?

tap'n
    10-19-2013 02:05 AM
    Not being sarcastic, but I'm not sure what you mean by "wish they updated the X sooner" ? This device JUST came out, did you own it for like 2 weeks and get rid of it?

tap'n
    Same question I wanna know bro lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
    10-19-2013 09:38 AM
    I'm guessing Brady Keith is talking about the issue with calls cutting out and others not hearing you when using the Moto X. Verizon is the last carrier to push a fix for that issue. Some people can't use the Moto X as a phone for actually making phone calls.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    10-19-2013 10:54 AM
    I'm guessing Brady Keith is talking about the issue with calls cutting out and others not hearing you when using the Moto X. Verizon is the last carrier to push a fix for that issue. Some people can't use the Moto X as a phone for actually making phone calls.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    and thats why there is a fix rolling to verizon soon, its actually being soak tested right now, should out in a few days. other networks are already fixed.

with EVERY phone that is ever released there are bugs that needs to be ironed out. the moto x was just released, so after this camera and calls fix, this would be a PERFECT phone for everyone. (already is for me)
    10-19-2013 11:30 AM
    and thats why there is a fix rolling to verizon soon, its actually being soak tested right now, should out in a few days. other networks are already fixed.

with EVERY phone that is ever released there are bugs that needs to be ironed out. the moto x was just released, so after this camera and calls fix, this would be a PERFECT phone for everyone. (already is for me)
    yes, many phones have bugs, including this type of bug, but not being able to use one as a telephone is a bit different than not having a good camera. It's a long wait for that very reason, I got my update a couple of weeks ago and not sure how much longer i could have held out since people on the other end could barely hear me. I don't use the phone a lot but when I do it's because it's important. And if i were a person who needed to communicate via phone regularly with family, the X before the update was awful. Bad camera for 6 weeks, ok, unable to use as a telephone for weeks on end, very different story. I'm guessing Vzn will have it out in a week or so since they're finally in the middle of their soak test. I can say had it been this long in my case i would have returned the phone, then switched back after they got the update, something like that, cuz it's just too much.
    10-19-2013 11:43 AM
    yes, many phones have bugs, including this type of bug, but not being able to use one as a telephone is a bit different than not having a good camera. It's a long wait for that very reason, I got my update a couple of weeks ago and not sure how much longer i could have held out since people on the other end could barely hear me. I don't use the phone a lot but when I do it's because it's important. And if i were a person who needed to communicate via phone regularly with family, the X before the update was awful. Bad camera for 6 weeks, ok, unable to use as a telephone for weeks on end, very different story. I'm guessing Vzn will have it out in a week or so since they're finally in the middle of their soak test. I can say had it been this long in my case i would have returned the phone, then switched back after they got the update, something like that, cuz it's just too much.
    agreed, but since all the carriers are fixed and verizon is already in the middle of the soak testing (and keep in mind that not everyone have the call issue, i dont have that issue), this is water under the bridge, so now you will have a smooth sail on a great device. i for one, dont even want to root or tweak it for now, its that good.
    10-19-2013 11:56 AM
    and thats why there is a fix rolling to verizon soon, its actually being soak tested right now
    I'm guessing Vzn will have it out in a week or so since they're finally in the middle of their soak test.
    Why do people keep saying this? The invites are out, but the soak test hasn't actually started yet.

Wrong information like this is going to cause people to get upset when Verizon doesn't push the update out to everyone next week.
    10-19-2013 12:27 PM
    Why do people keep saying this? The invites are out, but the soak test hasn't actually started yet.

Wrong information like this is going to cause people to get upset when Verizon doesn't push the update out to everyone next week.
    Ah, okay, i take it back. I thought someone said they got it, but now in recollection, they just said they got the invite. Course, if i were on Vzn i'd be upset none-the-less if i couldn't use my phone to talk on it. Maybe even more-so since they haven't even *started* their soak test. I wonder why they haven't. I'm sure there must be a legitimate reason b/c it's def. not in their best interest for their customers to have to deal with the voice issue.
    10-19-2013 01:20 PM
    Course, if i were on Vzn i'd be upset none-the-less if i couldn't use my phone to talk on it. Maybe even more-so since they haven't even *started* their soak test. I wonder why they haven't.
    I'm not upset because I don't have the call issue. I'm interested in the update, though, even if it is just the call issue and the camera fix.

They haven't started the soak test yet because the invites just started going out last Tuesday. It usually takes about a week after the invites go out before the soak test starts.
    10-19-2013 01:41 PM
    I'm not upset because I don't have the call issue. I'm interested in the update, though, even if it is just the call issue and the camera fix.

They haven't started the soak test yet because the invites just started going out last Tuesday. It usually takes about a week after the invites go out before the soak test starts.
    I'm not saying all vzn customers, referring only to people who can barely use their phones as telephones. I was one of them, believe, it sucks. it's tough to hang on to a phone with that being the bug. All other bugs, meh, deal with it, this one is not the same. Believe me, i dislike all other phones sprint had to offer and like this one a LOT and i woulda still had to possibly given it up. Very thankful that Sprint rolled that out. Phew! Not sure what i woulda done.

As for my curiosity as to why, that is regarding why are they later than Sprint and ATT?
    10-19-2013 02:02 PM
79 1234