Moto X or iPhone 5s

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Rooting gives you the ability to download "root only" apps like Ad Away (which gets rid of all those pesky add within free apps), tethering apps, customizable ROMS, which provide 10x the customization options than plain stock, just to name a few "pros". Just make sure to find a good root guide and remember to only flash files that are made specifically for your model phone, otherwise you'll end up with a shiny paperweight. Don't hesitate to ask lots of questions. The root community is quite helpful, for the most part.
Good luck & enjoy! :)

tap'n

Scotly50

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Nice Civil comment. That would be like me saying no one cares about your opinion on this matter.
Comes off as You sounding a little **** hurt that he may have to go back to an iPhone.

I am only cruising the Moto X forum, (and HTC One forum), because I am thinking of going to the dark side. I own, and have always owned, the iPhone. The very reason Woog is staying with Apple is the very reason I am leaving them. Apple using their market dominance to "force" users to stay within their ecosystem. The issues are with Apple, not the Moto X.

I have an iPhone 4. I bought an iPhone 5, six months ago, and did not find a great deal of difference, even with the screen size, (my issue), and gave it to my wife. In weakness, I went to the iPhone 5s thinking it was special, but after a week it went back. Same basic phone as the 4 and 5, but did actually like the sensor for locking. Otherwise I would never lock my phone.

I have no dog in this fight

Brady KEITH

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
owned both. still own the 5s. no issues. wish VZW would've updated the x sooner. either phone device is solid...5s is a better "phone".

Last edited:

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
owned both. still own the 5s. no issues. wish VZW would've updated the x sooner. either phone device is solid...5s is a better "phone".

dont agree, 5s has a smaller screen and doesnt feel as good in the hand as the moto x. also, motorola is known to have the best radios out there and just the fact that i can make a call and surf the web on LTE at the same time using my moto x, which you CAN NOT do on the iphone, makes the moto x the better "phone"

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Not being sarcastic, but I'm not sure what you mean by "wish they updated the X sooner" ? This device JUST came out, did you own it for like 2 weeks and get rid of it?

tap'n

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing Brady Keith is talking about the issue with calls cutting out and others not hearing you when using the Moto X. Verizon is the last carrier to push a fix for that issue. Some people can't use the Moto X as a phone for actually making phone calls.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing Brady Keith is talking about the issue with calls cutting out and others not hearing you when using the Moto X. Verizon is the last carrier to push a fix for that issue. Some people can't use the Moto X as a phone for actually making phone calls.

and thats why there is a fix rolling to verizon soon, its actually being soak tested right now, should out in a few days. other networks are already fixed.

with EVERY phone that is ever released there are bugs that needs to be ironed out. the moto x was just released, so after this camera and calls fix, this would be a PERFECT phone for everyone. (already is for me)

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
and thats why there is a fix rolling to verizon soon, its actually being soak tested right now, should out in a few days. other networks are already fixed.

with EVERY phone that is ever released there are bugs that needs to be ironed out. the moto x was just released, so after this camera and calls fix, this would be a PERFECT phone for everyone. (already is for me)

yes, many phones have bugs, including this type of bug, but not being able to use one as a telephone is a bit different than not having a good camera. It's a long wait for that very reason, I got my update a couple of weeks ago and not sure how much longer i could have held out since people on the other end could barely hear me. I don't use the phone a lot but when I do it's because it's important. And if i were a person who needed to communicate via phone regularly with family, the X before the update was awful. Bad camera for 6 weeks, ok, unable to use as a telephone for weeks on end, very different story. I'm guessing Vzn will have it out in a week or so since they're finally in the middle of their soak test. I can say had it been this long in my case i would have returned the phone, then switched back after they got the update, something like that, cuz it's just too much.

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
yes, many phones have bugs, including this type of bug, but not being able to use one as a telephone is a bit different than not having a good camera. It's a long wait for that very reason, I got my update a couple of weeks ago and not sure how much longer i could have held out since people on the other end could barely hear me. I don't use the phone a lot but when I do it's because it's important. And if i were a person who needed to communicate via phone regularly with family, the X before the update was awful. Bad camera for 6 weeks, ok, unable to use as a telephone for weeks on end, very different story. I'm guessing Vzn will have it out in a week or so since they're finally in the middle of their soak test. I can say had it been this long in my case i would have returned the phone, then switched back after they got the update, something like that, cuz it's just too much.

agreed, but since all the carriers are fixed and verizon is already in the middle of the soak testing (and keep in mind that not everyone have the call issue, i dont have that issue), this is water under the bridge, so now you will have a smooth sail on a great device. i for one, dont even want to root or tweak it for now, its that good.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
and thats why there is a fix rolling to verizon soon, its actually being soak tested right now
I'm guessing Vzn will have it out in a week or so since they're finally in the middle of their soak test.

Why do people keep saying this? The invites are out, but the soak test hasn't actually started yet.

Wrong information like this is going to cause people to get upset when Verizon doesn't push the update out to everyone next week.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Why do people keep saying this? The invites are out, but the soak test hasn't actually started yet.

Wrong information like this is going to cause people to get upset when Verizon doesn't push the update out to everyone next week.

Ah, okay, i take it back. I thought someone said they got it, but now in recollection, they just said they got the invite. Course, if i were on Vzn i'd be upset none-the-less if i couldn't use my phone to talk on it. Maybe even more-so since they haven't even *started* their soak test. I wonder why they haven't. I'm sure there must be a legitimate reason b/c it's def. not in their best interest for their customers to have to deal with the voice issue.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Course, if i were on Vzn i'd be upset none-the-less if i couldn't use my phone to talk on it. Maybe even more-so since they haven't even *started* their soak test. I wonder why they haven't.

I'm not upset because I don't have the call issue. I'm interested in the update, though, even if it is just the call issue and the camera fix.

They haven't started the soak test yet because the invites just started going out last Tuesday. It usually takes about a week after the invites go out before the soak test starts.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm not upset because I don't have the call issue. I'm interested in the update, though, even if it is just the call issue and the camera fix.

They haven't started the soak test yet because the invites just started going out last Tuesday. It usually takes about a week after the invites go out before the soak test starts.

I'm not saying all vzn customers, referring only to people who can barely use their phones as telephones. I was one of them, believe, it sucks. it's tough to hang on to a phone with that being the bug. All other bugs, meh, deal with it, this one is not the same. Believe me, i dislike all other phones sprint had to offer and like this one a LOT and i woulda still had to possibly given it up. Very thankful that Sprint rolled that out. Phew! Not sure what i woulda done.

As for my curiosity as to why, that is regarding why are they later than Sprint and ATT?

Brady KEITH

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

^this is what i meant by the 5s being a better "phone" than the x. again, it's unfortunate that verizon didn't update the software sooner. in response to someone's post, "yes, i owned it for just under two weeks, and then I returned it." i posted ad nauseam elsewhere on this forum re: the "phone" issue i experienced with the x.

i think that once the update gets released by verizon, the x will be complete. nonetheless, it's a solid device as-is.

Marienfeld 12

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Think I might have made a mistake. I have had the Moto X for 3 weeks. Not really liking it and am starting to miss my Iphone. Will I ever start to like the Moto? I want to. But have always owned Apple. Sad!!

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Think I might have made a mistake. I have had the Moto X for 3 weeks. Not really liking it and am starting to miss my Iphone. Will I ever start to like the Moto? I want to. But have always owned Apple. Sad!!

If you don't like it by now, then it's just not for you. I felt the same way about the iPad 3 when I had it for a couple of weeks.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

Just post on Craigslist for a strait trade or sell your X and buy an iphone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde