I've had my Moto X for two weeks. It is my very first smartphone. I'm a 68 yr old grandma and not real tech savvy, so any help unfortunately has to be simple. After searching the Moto X posts I'm cautiously wading in with my questions: 1) how do I put the photos I've taken in files or albums? 2) how to make files for other things docs, recipes, etc? Is there no built in app or something for doing this or do I have to install a different app from the google play store? If you have a recommendation please make sure it's simple to use. This is all so new, especially since I made the agonized decision to buy this phone instead of an iPhone 5s.....still don't know if it was the right decision, but after 2 weeks it's too late to change my mind! Thanks so much for any guidance you can give me.
    10-11-2013 09:40 AM
    first off, it was the right decision

second, the photos you speak of, are they photos you already have, or the photos you are taking with the phone now?
    same for things like docs and recipes, are they already existing, or you plan on creating them?

if these things already exist, then the easiest way is to connect the moto to the PC and create the folders with the pc (the moto will look like a harddrive)
    for albums... the phone will automatically create an album for each folder it sees photos in.. so just create folders (using your PC) and call them things like "family" "friends" Christmas 2013" etc...

let me know if that helps
    Danny
    10-11-2013 10:17 AM
    I am thinking she can use a 3rd party app to better help her organize pictures. However, I'm not too familiar to any 3rd party who album organizer. I do know the moto x does timestamp each photo

Posted via Android Central App
    10-11-2013 10:33 AM
    first off, it was the right decision

second, the photos you speak of, are they photos you already have, or the photos you are taking with the phone now?
    same for things like docs and recipes, are they already existing, or you plan on creating them?

if these things already exist, then the easiest way is to connect the moto to the PC and create the folders with the pc (the moto will look like a harddrive)
    for albums... the phone will automatically create an album for each folder it sees photos in.. so just create folders (using your PC) and call them things like "family" "friends" Christmas 2013" etc...

let me know if that helps
    Danny

Thanks so much for replying quickly! One of the reasons the decision to buy the Moto vs the 5s was because I have a Macbook Air, an iPod touch, and an iPad 3. So, I am much more used to the Apple products. But the guy at the Verizon store talked me out of the iPhone and into my Moto X even though he sells both. I like to try new things, and I wanted to see the Android operating system I'd read so much about as I researched smartphones. So does your advice about using the PC also apply to my Macbook Air?
    Oh and to answer your question....the pictures are a few I used dropbox (on both phone and macbook) to take from my iPhoto pix on the Mac and put on the Moto. I'd like to get them from the phone dropbox to my gallery and then into albums that I can access from the gallery. Thanks again for trying to help me.

On this forum what is the difference if I click "post quick reply" or "reply to thread". Thanks.
    10-11-2013 10:44 AM
    sorry, cant help much with Apple products, dont really use any, sadly, I also dont use drop box either... Im sure someone else will chime in with experience though
    -D
    10-11-2013 10:58 AM
    Thanks so much for replying quickly! One of the reasons the decision to buy the Moto vs the 5s was because I have a Macbook Air, an iPod touch, and an iPad 3. So, I am much more used to the Apple products. But the guy at the Verizon store talked me out of the iPhone and into my Moto X even though he sells both. I like to try new things, and I wanted to see the Android operating system I'd read so much about as I researched smartphones. So does your advice about using the PC also apply to my Macbook Air?
    Oh and to answer your question....the pictures are a few I used dropbox (on both phone and macbook) to take from my iPhoto pix on the Mac and put on the Moto. I'd like to get them from the phone dropbox to my gallery and then into albums that I can access from the gallery. Thanks again for trying to help me.

On this forum what is the difference if I click "post quick reply" or "reply to thread". Thanks.
    Working with an Android on a Mac is easy just use this Android 101: The Android File Transfer app for Mac | Android Central

As for making file folders, moving files, etc. you can do it connected to your Mac or use an app on the phone such as ES File Explorer File Manager, very easy to use and a very powerful app with lots of features, its free, get it here https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.pop&hl=en

Dropbox and Google Drive are great ways to move files through the cloud.

Hope this helps
    10-11-2013 11:00 AM
    I would look at Google keep for storing recipes or even an app called evernote.

You can view the files across multiple devices if you take this route. Simple Google search on your Mac book will help you investigate both apps to see if they will meet your needs.

Good luck!

10-11-2013 09:39 PM
    ....the pictures are a few I used dropbox (on both phone and macbook) to take from my iPhoto pix on the Mac and put on the Moto. I'd like to get them from the phone dropbox to my gallery and then into albums that I can access from the gallery.
    With regard to Dropbox specifically, open Dropbox on the phone-> locate your photo(s)-> long press on those you want to save to the Gallery->choose Export->Save to SD Card->select DCIM folder->Select Camera Folder and choose Export. It sounds like more work than it actually is

Some of the other methods mentioned above are probably easier, but this allows for what you were asking for Dropbox.
    10-12-2013 07:14 AM
    If you haven't already, get the Dropbox app from the Play store. Also, make sure you have signed into Google Drive so you can get the extra space.

10-15-2013 03:33 PM