10-23-2013 06:07 PM
54 123
tools
    I would love to see:

1. 1920x1080 screen
    2. Wireless Charging
    3. ISO camera with great low light ability
    4. Min storage capacity at 32gb
    5. With active notifications I would like to have the ability to hop into whatever notification I want to check out first or be able to peak at any of them. Could simply do this by having it in circle shape and slide to that icon to see that notification.
    radassist likes this.
    10-15-2013 09:48 PM
    I'm sorry. I must have missed the FAQ about not having an on opinion.

First of all, the Droid maxx is an ugly phone. Who would not have a better battery life? I have been able to get about 16 hours of good usage. If you forget to charge it, your screwed. On my Pre 2, I was able to set how often motivations were pushed and pulled.

Second, setting this phone in day light is not the best experience. I honestly don't care about the whole LCD vs amoled. What's the point about having a beautiful screen if you cannot see it while out side?

Third, I loved my Touchstone for my Pre 2 and Touchpad. It was a great feature. If you never used it, then I suggest you try it. It was such a great feature. Not just the charging but the exhibition mode and auto answer of calls when you picked it up.

Fourth, the touchless command is only a natural step for them to take. It would make sense while getting into the car and commanding your phone to turn blue tooth instead of finger taping it.

Last, The storage card was a throw in. There are people out there who want it. I just want my pictures on it just in case the phone bricks.

Posted via Android Central App
    So I'm not allowed to have an opinion either? Didn't expect someone to get so defensive.

Sure. We'll probably get better life on the follow up to the Moto X. I'm not expecting DROID MAXX battery life because I don't think the direct sequel to the Moto X will go that large. It'll probably get a curved battery from LG Chem but I doubt it'll be MAXX levels. Even still, the next MAXX might get an even bigger boost next year. Not sure what your Pre 2 "motivations" have to do with the conversation.

Second, screens in daylight becomes an AMOLED vs. LCD discussion because LCD is usually (always?) better outdoors. It kind of defeats the purpose of Active Notifications though. The DROID MINI has a notification LED with its LCD screen and Active Notifications.

Third - again, chicken vs. egg issue. Should Motorola invest in wireless charging? Probably. But it's not common.

Fourth, and again.. "I hope we won't need a new phone to get features like that."

Last. lol.
    N82k likes this.
    10-16-2013 01:35 AM
    It definitely does NOT need more cores, moto more or less proved that two is plenty.
    Yeah but you're wrong because four is moar than two and moar is always better.

octacore or dgaf, BRO.
    10-16-2013 06:32 PM
    I really hope that the MOTO X is a jumping point to something bigger for Moogle... what I mean by that is I hope the next iteration of this phone will be a true Google phone. The Moto X has proven that it can blend Capable hardware and software together... the point of finding other mfg to produce Nexus products is almost moot. The Moto X(2) should lead into that.

I would like to see

(1) an improved battery life consumption
    (2) an improved camera
    (3) more solid button response, have the volume rocker on the left of the phone rather than together with the power button all on the right.
    (4) 3.5 phone headphone jack on the buttom of the phone than on top
    (5) a carbon kevlar backing choice for the Moto Maker
    10-16-2013 07:11 PM
    I really hope that the MOTO X is a jumping point to something bigger for Moogle... what I mean by that is I hope the next iteration of this phone will be a true Google phone. The Moto X has proven that it can blend Capable hardware and software together... the point of finding other mfg to produce Nexus products is almost moot. The Moto X(2) should lead into that.
    What do you mean by "true Google phone"?

I would like to see

(1) an improved battery life consumption
    (2) an improved camera
    (3) more solid button response, have the volume rocker on the left of the phone rather than together with the power button all on the right.
    (5) a carbon kevlar backing choice for the Moto Maker
    I like these realistic expectations.
    10-16-2013 07:31 PM
    Can you explain why? I don't think I'd like it there especially now that I've got a Pressy coming from Kickstarter.
    10-16-2013 07:56 PM
    ...Moogle...
    Moogle? I always thought it was Googlerola.

from a Note III
    bigdaddytee likes this.
    10-16-2013 07:59 PM
    Ry, when i say True Google Phone, i mean if you take a look at Apple and its relationship with its iPhone

Apple in house does the following; designs, programs, manufactures, implement and manages distribution and supply chain of its iPhone
    Google in house, does the following, designs, partners up with manufactures, and let the MFG manage the logistics of its life cycle than to direct steer the supply chain of its Nexus phone.

Although Moto Mobility was bought for intellectual property for Android division first and foremost reason, MM can really now help Google grow and tighten the supply chain process and manufacturing. Cutting out other mfg bidding to be "next" years Nexus device. They can streamline and get rid of NEXUS, MOTO X, and DROID offerings into ONE phone, one solution. a true Google/ Motorola direct offering that embodies what the android stock experiences is or "set the bar" sort of speak, with good control of its QC than to rely on the partnering mfg chain. But that is just my supply chain brain thinking... but it will make the mobile for Google so much more steamlined and nimble. So that is what I hope the Moto X next iteration to be.

ScottMGS, the 3.5 jack thing is just my own preference. I travel a lot, but I am still in love with my Shure headphones and refuse to jump on the 21st century wagon to get bluetooth headset... but naturally the cord is just better free hanging towards the bottom of the phone than over the top.

Haalcyon, I have a thing for Final Fantasy characters... Mo(torola Go)ogle just natrually rolled off the tongue, that is all haha.
    10-16-2013 08:24 PM
    I hate to point this out, because it's not really central to your main point, but Apple doesn't manufacturer anything. They contract everything.

But more to your point, Google has to tread a fine line here, as manufacturing their own phone with their own in house manufacturing arm, can cause an outright revolt in the manufacturing partners. Samsung is known to be working on their own operating system.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk
    10-21-2013 11:17 PM
    Ry, when i say True Google Phone, i mean if you take a look at Apple and its relationship with its iPhone

Apple in house does the following; designs, programs, manufactures, implement and manages distribution and supply chain of its iPhone
    Google in house, does the following, designs, partners up with manufactures, and let the MFG manage the logistics of its life cycle than to direct steer the supply chain of its Nexus phone.

Although Moto Mobility was bought for intellectual property for Android division first and foremost reason, MM can really now help Google grow and tighten the supply chain process and manufacturing. Cutting out other mfg bidding to be "next" years Nexus device. They can streamline and get rid of NEXUS, MOTO X, and DROID offerings into ONE phone, one solution. a true Google/ Motorola direct offering that embodies what the android stock experiences is or "set the bar" sort of speak, with good control of its QC than to rely on the partnering mfg chain. But that is just my supply chain brain thinking... but it will make the mobile for Google so much more steamlined and nimble. So that is what I hope the Moto X next iteration to be.

ScottMGS, the 3.5 jack thing is just my own preference. I travel a lot, but I am still in love with my Shure headphones and refuse to jump on the 21st century wagon to get bluetooth headset... but naturally the cord is just better free hanging towards the bottom of the phone than over the top.

Haalcyon, I have a thing for Final Fantasy characters... Mo(torola Go)ogle just natrually rolled off the tongue, that is all haha.
    That's fine and all...

..but it only matters if that's a goal for Google. Android isn't iOS. Google isn't Apple.

I don't think Google wants a one-phone solution.

(Wouldn't that make any phone running Android with Google's services a "true Google phone"?)

10-21-2013 11:52 PM
    1. Better screen - Not just more resolution, but better color reproduction/saturation
    2. Better camera - No explanation needed
    3. Minimum 32g for all carriers - 16g is really unacceptable as the only option for a flagship
    4. No Bloat - get rid of all the carrier apps and notifications. It is barbaric to think i should have to even think about vznavigator even existing at this point much less a constant nagging about wifi being off.
    5. Unlockable bootloader on ALL versions - Being locked down on most of the devises has so far killed the potential development for this phone. It may still turn around, but as of right now it is a ghost town filled with a few choice devs and a bunch of trolls screaming "itz duz not needz itz. de rom iz blessed by Googlrolaz perfect handz". I don't need pepperonis to enjoy my pizza, but you don't see me ordering one without them do you?

I will be interested to see how much moto does or does not deviate from "stock" android. I am sure they will stay with the stock launcher and all the look/feel of stock and droid, but i think they will ultimately start to deviate in options and features more than they did with the X. They have to have something to pitch in ads and demos if they really want to compete with samsung and apple. Somehow i dont think the "it does less than the galaxy" sales pitch is going to be enough for the average consumer they are going for in the future. Having the extra features they did and flaunting "we are owned by Google" and 'Merica was enough this time. They will have to come up with something else/more in the future.
    10-22-2013 08:17 AM
    Can you explain why? I don't think I'd like it there especially now that I've got a Pressy coming from Kickstarter.
    Most people put the phone in their pocket top down. Having the headphone jack on the bottom makes it easier to have the phone in a pocket with headphones connect. Samsung introduced this on the GNex and it was a feature I didn't understand at the time but have wished for on every phone I've had since.
    10-22-2013 10:20 AM
    Most people put the phone in their pocket top down. Having the headphone jack on the bottom makes it easier to have the phone in a pocket with headphones connect. Samsung introduced this on the GNex and it was a feature I didn't understand at the time but have wished for on every phone I've had since.
    Hunh. I've always put my phone in my pocket bottom down. Could that be driven by where the headphone connector is rather than the other way 'round?
    10-22-2013 12:18 PM
    An earphone jack on the same end as the USB port would complicate powered docking stations or else be blocked.
    10-22-2013 01:04 PM
    Although Moto Mobility was bought for intellectual property for Android division first and foremost reason, MM can really now help Google grow and tighten the supply chain process and manufacturing. Cutting out other mfg bidding to be "next" years Nexus device. They can streamline and get rid of NEXUS, MOTO X, and DROID offerings into ONE phone, one solution. a true Google/ Motorola direct offering that embodies what the android stock experiences is or "set the bar" sort of speak, with good control of its QC than to rely on the partnering mfg chain.
    A couple of things to consider:

IIRC Google had to agree to some serious firewalling and to show no preference towad Motorola so I think doing what you described at this point would violate that.

Verizon spent a bundle to lease the use of the Droid Trademark from Lucasfilm. So they WANT Droid devices as a return on that investment. Furthermore they recently announced Moto is now contracted to be the sole manufacturer of the Droid line so I'm sure that contract would impact things as well
    10-22-2013 01:18 PM
    Hunh. I've always put my phone in my pocket bottom down. Could that be driven by where the headphone connector is rather than the other way 'round?
    Could be I guess, but when I'm using the phone I usually have it upright, so it is a natural motion to put it in my pocket top down. To put it in my pocket bottom first I have to physically rotate the phone to do so. Thought I read once that Samsung had done market use studies on this, but not sure now.
    10-22-2013 04:34 PM
    Could be I guess, but when I'm using the phone I usually have it upright, so it is a natural motion to put it in my pocket top down. To put it in my pocket bottom first I have to physically rotate the phone to do so. Thought I read once that Samsung had done market use studies on this, but not sure now.
    Hmm... I'm talking about a shirt pocket. I'd have to do some wild wrist gyrations to put it in upside down. Are you talking pants pockets? I could see that.
    10-22-2013 04:57 PM
    Its amazing to me how many people are willing to put their phones in their pockets. I guess I'm just and old fart who just won't do it. I won't I tell you. You can't make me. I'm not putting my precious phone in a possibly lint-having pocket. You can't make me...young whipper-snappers.

from the legendary secondary Note II
    10-22-2013 09:15 PM
    I think the people hoping for a minimum of 32GB are being a bit unrealistic. 16GB is plenty for most people, and Googerola knows that so that will be where they start with their base price. They will then charge a premium for people who want 32. Why give people more than they want for free, when you can charge extra to those who want more than average? I would expect to see an option for 64 with an even higher price though.
    If that's what you want then that's what you want, and that's fine. I just don't see it happening.
    10-22-2013 09:47 PM
    I vote to keep the headphone in top, thank you.

10-23-2013 07:08 AM
    I'm going to focus on the hardware as I hope the software updates come with the Moto X and not X2!

- Better camera sensor
    - Dedicated shutter button
    - Larger Battery
    - Wireless charging
    - 64GB option
    - Stereo speakers

Would be nice if they could get 1920x1080 screen, but would not like if the trade-off was significantly worse battery life
    I'd like a dedicated shutter button, but I'd totally understand why they wouldn't be able to put in another button. Perhaps the ability to use the power button as a shutter button by double pressing it when you're in the camera app would suffice.

10-23-2013 07:15 AM
    Is it too much to ask for some s pen like functions on the Moto X 2? I'm coming from the galaxy note 2 and the note taking, stylus using improvements on the note 3 are hot. I just couldn't do the big phone thing anymore so I jumped ship. I love the form factor of this phone. Yeah, the ability to use any pen as a stylus, I think the LG has that, and some serious note taking apps like the note 3. With the form factor and touchless controls of the Moto X. Yeah, I'd pre-order a Moto X 2 like that!

10-23-2013 07:33 AM
    Is it too much to ask for some s pen like functions on the Moto X 2? I'm coming from the galaxy note 2 and the note taking, stylus using improvements on the note 3 are hot. I just couldn't do the big phone thing anymore so I jumped ship. I love the form factor of this phone. Yeah, the ability to use any pen as a stylus, I think the LG has that, and some serious note taking apps like the note 3. With the form factor and touchless controls of the Moto X. Yeah, I'd pre-order a Moto X 2 like that!

I personally think anything smaller than the Note2/3 is too small for stylus productivity.
    10-23-2013 08:17 AM
    I got a lint free pocket
    10-23-2013 08:41 AM
    I got a lint free pocket
    Haha.

from my '14 Note 10.1
    10-23-2013 08:56 AM
54 123