11-05-2013 09:24 PM
69 123
tools
    What version does the Moto X have right now? Don't we have 4.3?
    Nope 4.2.2

sent from Moto X
    11-01-2013 02:43 AM
    Well Google would not waste any resources because the phone is made and coded by Motorola... not Google(which is a very odd misconception ppl are commonly having?)
    aren't google wasting resources on motorola though? I thought I read somewhere that google sent some of their android peeps over to motorola.
    11-01-2013 02:53 AM
    If I'm not mistaken, Motorola is a Google company folks.
    tonymhoffman likes this.
    11-01-2013 05:24 AM
    If I'm not mistaken, Motorola is a Google company folks.
    Yup ,,,I think they are kinda split into two divisions.But I think these divisions work close as far as cooperating with each other.For example seeing Moto apps pulled and being able to be updated from the playstore (camera,touchless controls).The camera and touchless controls have been already updated again ,,,since the maintance update was released.
    11-01-2013 06:24 AM
    What I'm really curious is what kind of tinkering will Motorola do with Kitkat's expanded Touchless Controls. Is it reasonable to expect Motorola bring unique features of Touchless control feature with its Kitkat update?
    What unique features of touchless control does the Nexus 5 have?

Posted via Android Central App
    11-02-2013 09:26 AM
    What unique features of touchless control does the Nexus 5 have?

Um e.r...WHAT???

I think you misunderstood my question. I did not said that the Nexus 5 has unique touchless controls features...but has an expanded set of touchless control (like contextual cards for example)

that being said/..I am asking if do you guys think Motorola can bring some unique stuff with Kitkat's expanded touchless control functionality.
    11-02-2013 01:58 PM
    Um e.r...WHAT???

I think you misunderstood my question. I did not said that the Nexus 5 has unique touchless controls features...but has an expanded set of touchless control (like contextual cards for example)

that being said/..I am asking if do you guys think Motorola can bring some unique stuff with Kitkat's expanded touchless control functionality.
    But if the Moto X gets KitKat or there's a Google Now update that includes that expanded set, the Moto X would have the Motorola features PLUS all the Google Now updates.
    Tom in Bristol likes this.
    11-02-2013 02:34 PM
    But if the Moto X gets KitKat or there's a Google Now update that includes that expanded set, the Moto X would have the Motorola features PLUS all the Google Now updates.
    Yes I understand that..but what I'm asking specifically if it's a or not a far fetched idea to think Motorola will bring new stuff as far as touchless controls functionality is concerned aside from what the Moto X and Kitkat provide right now.
    11-02-2013 03:38 PM
    If kitkat is going to do away with the messaging app, how will the Moto X deal with drive assist? I guess they have to somehow port that feature to hangouts?
    11-02-2013 04:11 PM
    If kitkat is going to do away with the messaging app, how will the Moto X deal with drive assist? I guess they have to somehow port that feature to hangouts?
    I'm hoping that is what they do. In using the new hangout and love it.

11-02-2013 07:01 PM
    4.4 has a built-in feature that allows you to choose your default messaging app, much like if you have two apps installed that preform the same function. I'm assuming that will take care of the problem. Also, when the X gets the update - - I think the messaging app will probably just 'disappear' and it will be the default app anyway..

benhmadison likes this.
    11-02-2013 07:20 PM
    I don't know about drive assist, but I can tell you using the new hangouts for sms/mms doesn't break services like sms backup+. It is still capable of making backups of messages to Gmail. From my (limited) understanding it just changes what displays the message.
    Ry likes this.
    11-03-2013 10:27 AM
    At least Moto confirmed we are getting 4.4.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

- - - Updated - - -

Source: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...news/g_id/1949
    Attached Thumbnails Kit Kat update-1383576538283.jpg  
    11-04-2013 08:49 AM
    Does anyone know if Hangouts SMS integration will be included in the web version of Hangouts? I use Motorola Connect for SMS sending and receiving (+ call notifications) while I'm at my desk at work. I don't mind having both the Motorola Connnect and Hangouts extensions running on the Chrome browser. I just hope 4.4 doesn't break it.
    11-04-2013 10:30 AM
    At least Moto confirmed we are getting 4.4.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

- - - Updated - - -

Source: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...news/g_id/1949
    Yup I saw that the other day .Thought it was interesting skipping 4.3 but cool getting Kit Kat soon.
    11-04-2013 10:34 AM
    Yup I saw that the other day .Thought it was interesting skipping 4.3 but cool getting Kit Kat soon.
    Makes sense though. Why put in the work of 4.3 when 4.4 was around the corner, and do it all over again?
    11-04-2013 10:39 AM
    11-04-2013 11:21 AM
    Does anyone know if Hangouts SMS integration will be included in the web version of Hangouts? I use Motorola Connect for SMS sending and receiving (+ call notifications) while I'm at my desk at work. I don't mind having both the Motorola Connnect and Hangouts extensions running on the Chrome browser. I just hope 4.4 doesn't break it.
    So far desktop hangouts does not show SMS and SMS handled by hangouts does come through the moto connect plugin for chrome. Not sure if that may change with the update.

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    11-04-2013 05:52 PM
    I actually used the Moto Assist app to ask an agent this exact question. He stated that we'd be receiving it shortly and was very knowledgeable. Even signed me up to receive an email notification when it's available without me asking. Spoke good English as well.
    11-05-2013 09:24 PM
69 123