The longest battery life I'll ever get..

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I think this is the longest battery life I'll ever get from this phone! About 12 hours. Nice ride to Atlantic City from the east end of long Island.

Bus - 4 hours of Google play music and on the way back 4 hours of Pandora. About 6 of gambling. No data or WiFi on and GPS off.. A lot of camera action and texting some phone calls...

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1381771507063.jpg
    1381771507063.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 214
  • 1381771518526.jpg
    1381771518526.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 210
  • 1381771553736.jpg
    1381771553736.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 212

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I think this is the longest battery life I'll ever get from this phone! About 12 hours. Nice ride to Atlantic City from the east end of long Island.

Bus - 4 hours of Google play music and on the way back 4 hours of Pandora. About 6 of gambling. No data or WiFi on and GPS off.. A lot of camera action and texting some phone calls...

That's really good. I get stupid battery life when barely using the phone. Stand by drain is almost nothing.

I'm getting better battery life than any other phone I've had before and this is the first phone I've had with constant 4g which drains more battery. So for that said and the battery size this is amazing. I wish it were a 3000mah battery though.
Gonna get one of those 4000mah external chargers soon. Amazon has the Motorola one for $36. Hopefully they come out with the powercase.

Posted via Android Central App

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Nice.
I was on wifi most of the time and this is my absolute best. With screen on time of 3 hrs and 40 min.
Crazy.
Screenshot_2013-10-15-01-52-43.png

KentuckyHouse

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has been insane. I absolutely love this phone.

8eqa4u5y.jpg

a9u9ese2.jpg

Sent from my Moto X

ryleyinstl

May 19, 2011
Visit site
On a typical work day 24hrs is easily possible for me. I have never had a phone with battery life this good since the flip phones days.

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
i feel like you guys get better life then me lol.. But i do use it very heavily.. My HTC One X would last like 4 hours lol. :D

and yea, deff getting the extender pack soon, nice and skinny one for when im out on camping or a city trip.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I may not get quite the battery life some get but I do get more battery life/screen on time on this phone then I have with any android phone .
I owned in the past.I have had numerous times got 26 hrs with 13% battery left with 3 to 4 hrs screen on time :D .
The most I got on other phones with close to the same screen on time was in the 16hr. range.which was manageable for me.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Hahaha

Is that just 12 hours with under 2 hours of on screen time? Doesn't seem very good to me. Am I missing something?

jp719

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
How do you get that ?? I have to charge my phone to at least get 2 hours screen on time.

PRT11

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting fantastic battery life compared to my previous phone, the Droid RAZR. I don't use my phone heavily, but I still had to charge the Droid RAZR almost daily. With the Moto X, I last charged it Sunday night, and as I type this on Wednesday morning, my Moto X is still at 53%. But I do turn my phone off at night. So I'm charging my Moto X maybe 2-3 times per week compared to at least 5 times a week for my Droid RAZR.

For me, the killer app on this phone is the Active Display/Notifications. The excellent battery life is just gravy. And the shake-to-activate-camera is pretty cool, too -- I made use of that a lot during my trip to NYC a couple weeks back.

jp719

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Today's battery lasted me 15h 6m 46s & 3h 40m screen on time. But I had to charge it around 3 because it was like at 55% and it only up 11 percent. And the 66% lasted me from like 3:30 till 10:00.

My normal day consists of taking it off the charger at 6:40 am. I have school from 7:30 to 2:30. I usually get around 3 bars of 4G lte sometimes 2. And I usually use it until school starts which is like 30 minutes or so. But I use it during school so by the end of school I have almost like 50 minutes screen on time I get home at 3 and my phone is usually at 60 maybe 65 sometimes 50 something, just depending what I do on my way home.

Is this normal?

Sorry I couldn't post screen shots. I don't know how to from the AC app.

Oh & the awake time is always a lot more than my screen on time.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Were you on WiFi the whole time? And screen on time? I am barely getting anything

I was on WiFi's most of the time.Screen on time was around 3 1/2 hours.
I usually have a decent signal ,I never lost a signal,under battery stats you can look under,Settings>battery>Cell Standby and it will show you the percentage you dont have a signal.Mine always shows I havent lost a signal .
You mentioned that your awake time was more then your screen on time ? Are you waking up your phone alot?Have you just left it alone for awhile and before you did anything looked and see if somethings being waking up your phone?
Do you have all your syncing stuff on or not ?
I dont have the AC app Im using Tapatalk. Im sure someone here can tell you how to post screenshot with that App,since I havent used the AC app not positive if its the same way to post pictures or not.
If you fully charge your phone before you go to sleep and install the wakelock detector tho .Then leave phone on all night.When you wake up in the next morning the deep sleep /awake scale at the top of that app should show deep sleep(green color )more then the awake color(reddish).Everyones's phone will vary some but the awake side shouldnt be very high percentage wise when compairing it to the sleep percentage side.I havent looked at mine in awhile to give my exact percentages will check tonight.
Using the wakelock detector is more useful the looking under the battery stats.

Really without more details I cant say if its normal or not tho . That would be too much like just guessing stuff.

jp719

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
dusyry9e.jpg
Pretty good battery. I have batteryguru on my phone so I'm not sure if that helps but I'm very happy. During school my phone is only draining about 1.9% percent.

Sent from my Moto X

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382422235194.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382422235194.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 33

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca