10-24-2013 07:00 PM
93 1234
tools
    Nope. It's verizon. I expect nothing less.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-21-2013 12:55 PM
    I've turned off every vibration selection on the phone yet active notifications and the slide lock still vibrates. My point here is that there is no way to disable this and there should be. That's why I'm asking all the soak test folks to PLEASE input this to the folks at Verizon/Motorola to have this feature added. For such a fine phone I still can't believe that vibration on this thing is so bad. Mine may go back for this very reason.
    Going off track again... I stopped into verizon store tonight "just for fun" (which really never is anymore) and tried playing with vibrations again. I unchecked the vibrate on touch in the sound settings, and the slide to unlock did not vibrate. I checked it, and it vibrated. It was hard to try it since the demo player kept yanking me out of the lock screen but there were occasions I was able to swipe quickly enough to try it. I also did turn the vibrate duration of the google keyboard to "default" and it was a lot better (softer) than it was out of the box for me before (I don't know if it was set to default or some long duration). But on the longer durations I could really tell the vibrate will be super annoying when I get an incoming call if it's the same vibrate feel (I just realized I could have called the phone to check it, oh well). So anyway, I am not sure why on this phone the swipe unlock didn't vibrate as someone else confirmed in this thread, but others say it always vibrates.
    10-21-2013 09:30 PM
    Waiting on anything Verizon related is like watching the grass dry or the paint grow... <insert rim shot>
    10-21-2013 09:52 PM
    Just got my second email. It's coming soon.
    10-21-2013 11:07 PM
    Just got my second email. It's coming soon.
    This.
    10-22-2013 05:04 AM
    Remember to keep everything regarding the soak test confidential.
    wheel and davidnc like this.
    10-22-2013 05:19 AM
    Lol! OK.

Aquila and davidnc like this.
    10-22-2013 05:47 AM
    Lol! OK.

*alleged soak test
    wheel and davidnc like this.
    10-22-2013 05:53 AM
    I feel like it's ok to post the same info in the forums that is already up on the AC main page haha.
    Aquila and davidnc like this.
    10-22-2013 06:59 AM
    I feel like it's ok to post the same info in the forums that is already up on the AC main page haha.
    I'd agree 100%, just being a bit silly

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    davidnc likes this.
    10-22-2013 07:01 AM
    I got my 2nd email this morning as well.
    10-22-2013 07:40 AM
    no comment, Did I ? or did I not get? hmmmmmm , haha
    sssshhhhhhhhh
    10-22-2013 07:49 AM
    My update is installing at this moment. I'm not expecting to notice that much of a difference. Isn't it just the camera (which has been fine by me)?
    10-22-2013 08:22 AM
    Installing now!
    10-22-2013 08:24 AM
    I got the OTA and it's installed, I was a bit shocked to see it was compiled on Sept 20th so its over 1 month old!
    10-22-2013 08:59 AM
    good things are coming soon ;-)
    10-22-2013 09:15 AM
    I got the OTA and it's installed, I was a bit shocked to see it was compiled on Sept 20th so its over 1 month old!
    So, what are your first impresssions? Better camera, call quality.....?
    10-22-2013 09:19 AM
    Yup overall the phone feels more or less the same, though the camera seems to work better and focus faster. I never had issues with call quality so I can't comment on that though others on different carriers said it resolved their call quality issues. It does seem to hand over from 4G to Wifi a bit faster, I also noticed that now using "Ok Google Now, play music ______" actually works.
    10-22-2013 09:39 AM
    The comical thing about this soak test are rooted users. Prior to soak test Motorola made it clear not to sign up for the soak test if your phone was rooted. Some rooted users are having issues.

Best quote so far is this: "I guess my brother "rooted for me" a few days ago and didn't tell me."

Classic
    10-22-2013 10:14 AM
    Yup overall the phone feels more or less the same, though the camera seems to work better and focus faster. I never had issues with call quality so I can't comment on that though others on different carriers said it resolved their call quality issues. It does seem to hand over from 4G to Wifi a bit faster, I also noticed that now using "Ok Google Now, play music ______" actually works.
    Camera definitely does 'touch to focus' faster than before. It was lethargic before this.

My Google now has always worked very well, even for starting Play Music. It would play specific songs or just a random song if I asked for a artist.
    10-22-2013 10:22 AM
    I see someone on Droid Life uploaded the OTA to mediafire along with instructions so pasting the info here for those who aren't in the soak or don't want to wait. Just remember if you're rooted or were rooted but didn't go 100% back to stock you'll bootloop.

Blur_Version.139.10.53.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US

1. Download the file from above and drop it on your phone's internal storage.

2. To install, power your phone off.

3. Hold Volume Down and Up, then Power to boot to the boot menu.

4. Volume Down once to highlight "Recovery," Volume Up once to select it.

5. Once Android with exclamation mark appears, press Volume Up and Power at the same time.

6. From recovery, Volume Down to "apply update from sdcard," Power to select it.

7. Choose the file you downloaded previously.

8. The update should begin. Enjoy.
    10-22-2013 10:40 AM
    This is atrocious.

H2o likes this.
    10-22-2013 11:14 AM
    Camera definitely does 'touch to focus' faster than before. It was lethargic before this.

My Google now has always worked very well, even for starting Play Music. It would play specific songs or just a random song if I asked for a artist.
    Mine still won't play a song at random if I ask for an artist. am I missing something
    10-22-2013 11:36 AM
    Mine still won't play a song at random if I ask for an artist. am I missing something
    Once you speak your request and the picture of the artist pops up, you can select which Google app fulfills your request by selecting the icon on the left underneath the picture of the artist. Select Google play music and it should remember from now on.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-22-2013 11:48 AM
    This is atrocious.

Verizon has typical testing cycle of 4-6 weeks ..shows that moto submitted the build to Verizon 4 week back for carrier testing..and Verizon probably approved it now for soak test this week ..if this goes well ..it will be fully approved by Verizon and Motorola will be able to push it to all .

shanghai likes this.
    10-22-2013 12:58 PM
93 1234