10-24-2013 08:00 PM
93 ... 234
tools
    Verizon has typical testing cycle of 4-6 weeks ..shows that moto submitted the build to Verizon 4 week back for carrier testing..and Verizon probably approved it now for soak test this week ..if this goes well ..it will be fully approved by Verizon and Motorola will be able to push it to all .
    Maybe a silly question - but if you've received the soak test update does that mean you won't receive the "official" update when it rolls out, if no changes are made to it?
    This is my assumption but wanted to verify. Thanks.
    10-22-2013 02:36 PM
    The comical thing about this soak test are rooted users. Prior to soak test Motorola made it clear not to sign up for the soak test if your phone was rooted. Some rooted users are having issues.

Best quote so far is this: "I guess my brother "rooted for me" a few days ago and didn't tell me."

Classic
    I declined the soak test because I didn't want to re-enable the VZ bloatware.
    10-22-2013 02:53 PM
    Verizon has typical testing cycle of 4-6 weeks ..shows that moto submitted the build to Verizon 4 week back for carrier testing..and Verizon probably approved it now for soak test this week ..if this goes well ..it will be fully approved by Verizon and Motorola will be able to push it to all .

Posted via Android Central App
    Who actually pushes out the update, the builder (Moto) or the carrier? If it's the builder, then I'm just playing devils advocate here, but couldn't it also be that VZW signed off on the build back on 9/20 and was waiting for Motorola to push it out? Maybe Moto likes to stagger out the updates across the carriers as opposed to pushing them all (or almost all) out at once (e.g. Apple).
    10-22-2013 02:57 PM
    Then you missed out because there was no requirement to re-enable the bloatware.
    10-22-2013 02:57 PM
    Maybe a silly question - but if you've received the soak test update does that mean you won't receive the "official" update when it rolls out, if no changes are made to it?
    The OTA in the soak test is the same thing that will be released officially when the soak is done. If an unforeseen major issue is encountered, a new update will be compiled along with a minor update for those on the soak so everyone can have the final software version.
    PlayDLine likes this.
    10-22-2013 03:14 PM
    You don't have to. I didn't re-enable the Verizon bloat.

Aquila likes this.
    10-22-2013 03:27 PM
    Then you missed out because there was no requirement to re-enable the bloatware.
    Maybe I did, but I erred on the side of caution when I got to the page that talked about root/non-root with frozen apps. The disabled apps are essentially frozen, so I figured rather be safe than sorry (and also be one of THOSE guys...the ones they were trying to avoid with those warnings).
    10-22-2013 04:10 PM
    Did it automatically on mine. Don't remember if there was an option or not, I just saw all the Moto stuff back after the update.

And if I remember correctly, they said the soak was only a few days, so that might mean the official release is much closer than a few weeks. As long as no major bugs are reported at least.
    10-22-2013 04:15 PM
    Any more word if it seems to have corrected the call cut out problem?
    10-22-2013 04:25 PM
    The disabled apps are essentially frozen, so I figured rather be safe than sorry (and also be one of THOSE guys...the ones they were trying to avoid with those warnings).
    What do you mean by "one of THOSE guys"? Someone who doesn't know what he's doing or someone with a rooted phone? They're not necessarily trying to avoid people with rooted phones, though they do probably want to make sure they are dealing with people who know what they're doing with the phones.
    Tom in Bristol likes this.
    10-22-2013 04:46 PM
    What do you mean by "one of THOSE guys"? Someone who doesn't know what he's doing or someone with a rooted phone? They're not necessarily trying to avoid people with rooted phones, though they do probably want to make sure they are dealing with people who know what they're doing with the phones.
    Meaning having to troubleshoot issues with the update that were the result of rooting or some other modification.
    10-22-2013 04:59 PM
    Welp, I just got the system update anyway.
    10-22-2013 05:16 PM
    Any more word if it seems to have corrected the call cut out problem?
    Bump

10-22-2013 05:18 PM
    Calling – Improved Voice Quality Fixed an issue that could sometimes result in choppy audio being heard by the person you’re talking with on your Moto X
    Here's the changelog for the Verizon Moto X update | Android Central
    10-22-2013 05:27 PM
    It will all be the same if any changes are made to the soak test then the soak testers will get a minor update.So in the end all will have the same "official update"If no changes are made to the soak then that is the "official update"
    PlayDLine likes this.
    10-22-2013 07:11 PM
    The comical thing about this soak test are rooted users. Prior to soak test Motorola made it clear not to sign up for the soak test if your phone was rooted.
    No. Motorola said that if your phone was rooted, you had to be return to stock in order to take part. They never said that if your phone was rooted that you shouldn't sign up.
    davidnc likes this.
    10-22-2013 07:25 PM
    No. Motorola said that if your phone was rooted, you had to be return to stock in order to take part. They never said that if your phone was rooted that you shouldn't sign up.
    "Prior to soak test Motorola made it clear not to sign up for the soak test if your phone was rooted."

By definition returning a phone to stock means it's not rooted.
    10-24-2013 08:57 AM
    They said if you are rooted you shouldn't sign up.

10-24-2013 08:00 PM
93 ... 234