A bit late coming to the Moto X fandom, I was waiting patiently for the iPhone 5s announcement and installation of iOS 7 on my iPhone 4S, wanting desperately to love the new OS and phone enough to upgrade. But I don't love either, and so I investigated Android options. The Moto X has all the features I want (smaller screen for perfect hand size, the instant notification feature, long battery life, an Android experience) and none I don't (super HD screen for movies I don't watch on my phone or video I don't take, a fantastic camera, a skin over Android).

The only thing holding me back is the promised $100 price drop, and it's driving me nuts waiting. (I am an impatient person.) I know I could get a plain black or white one in 16Gb mode on Amazon or Best Buy, but what if I want a customized (I have AT&T) 32 Gb one?

The salesman at AT&T confirmed the price will drop but not when. (He did say they only offer 14 days price protection.) Maybe 11/11 when Verizon gets the Motomaker? Maybe later in November to catch the Christmas rush? Maybe as early as the next week or two in the afterglow of the Nexus 5 launch?

I almost want to be talked out of waiting. I'm ready for my new phone! Any insight into the price drop through the carriers or reasons to buy now?
    10-16-2013 11:17 AM
    A bit late coming to the Moto X fandom, I was waiting patiently for the iPhone 5s announcement and installation of iOS 7 on my iPhone 4S, wanting desperately to love the new OS and phone enough to upgrade. But I don't love either, and so I investigated Android options. The Moto X has all the features I want (smaller screen for perfect hand size, the instant notification feature, long battery life, an Android experience) and none I don't (super HD screen for movies I don't watch on my phone or video I don't take, a fantastic camera, a skin over Android).

The only thing holding me back is the promised $100 price drop, and it's driving me nuts waiting. (I am an impatient person.) I know I could get a plain black or white one in 16Gb mode on Amazon or Best Buy, but what if I want a customized (I have AT&T) 32 Gb one?

The salesman at AT&T confirmed the price will drop but not when. (He did say they only offer 14 days price protection.) Maybe 11/11 when Verizon gets the Motomaker? Maybe later in November to catch the Christmas rush? Maybe as early as the next week or two in the afterglow of the Nexus 5 launch?

I almost want to be talked out of waiting. I'm ready for my new phone! Any insight into the price drop through the carriers or reasons to buy now?
    What promised price drop?

Prices always drop.
    10-16-2013 11:41 AM
    What promised price drop?

Prices always drop.
    The Moto X has been predicted to drop to $99 for a couple months (see Google news links). The AT&T guy confirmed it's going to drop because it hasn't been selling as well as hoped.
    10-16-2013 12:00 PM
    The Moto X has been predicted to drop to $99 for a couple months (see Google news links). The AT&T guy confirmed it's going to drop because it hasn't been selling as well as hoped.
    How is that any different than other Android phones?
    10-16-2013 12:02 PM
    Join the club.

I was also waiting for the price drop and Verizon customization (and 32GB depending on price). When the $99 deal at BestBuy went live last week I figured screw it, I'll get a black 16GB but I missed it when I went to pull the trigger (didn't expect the sale to be so short lived).

I see Amazon still has AT&T versions for $99. If I were in your shoes, I would take that deal. My customization would have been black with silver accents, so nothing too wild and will probably look stock to most.

Even though you want the new phone now, your 4s is pretty recent, so as long as it's fully functional, I don't see any reason not to wait if you really want a cheaper 32GB customized version.

I'm nursing along an even older Android phone so I'm really ready for my new phone.
    10-16-2013 12:53 PM
    I see Amazon still has AT&T versions for $99. If I were in your shoes, I would take that deal. My customization would have been black with silver accents, so nothing too wild and will probably look stock to most.
    Ah, didn't notice Best Buy went back up. I wonder if that is because they are getting the MotoMaker customization soon... But I see Amazon has the $99 Verizon ones too.

You make some good points. With the Meenova, I don't really need 32 GB, and I probably wouldn't even notice the stock black or white after a few months.
    mkreef likes this.
    10-16-2013 01:07 PM