Has anyone given up their S4 for the X?

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have an S4 that I could easily sell on swappa to get the X. Im intrigued by the good reviews, better battery life, active notifications and a phone that I can text on with one hand. Anyone trade in their S4 that can offer their two cents? Thanks :)

anon(6085464)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
gave up my s3 if it helps you out. gotta say ilove the moto X
just had it for 1 day and i got 2.5 hours of screen time and it was on from 7am until 6pm with 10% left.

and hell i used it alot, gotta say im quite happy with it.
no lag at all, seriously, at all

phippsy84

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Didn't have my S4 long because I wasn't a fan of the bloat ware and lag that it had. Got the Moto X and love the phone. The extras the Moto X has are much more useful then what the S4 had.

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I gave up my s4 for a ONE and the ONE for a Moto X so if that counts then yes. The x blows both of them out of the water.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Im really pushing towards the moto x as well. I had a iphone 4s then htc one an now im stuck since my 14 days passed an my ones camera is faulty. Att sent out a replacement to fix this issue but i really doubt itll be a better camera since its widespread. So after the replacement comes in an its messed up as well (camera wise) what do i do? Sell the htc one an use the money to pay off the contract that was renewed an start a new one with a moto x or??

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I was going to go for a Moto X myself. I have an S4 and I played with an X in Best Buy and man I love that phone. The only thing holding me back is the Promise of a new Nexus. I hate touch wiz and want to get rid of this thing

Posted via Android Central App

asharrop

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Im really pushing towards the moto x as well. I had a iphone 4s then htc one an now im stuck since my 14 days passed an my ones camera is faulty. Att sent out a replacement to fix this issue but i really doubt itll be a better camera since its widespread. So after the replacement comes in an its messed up as well (camera wise) what do i do? Sell the htc one an use the money to pay off the contract that was renewed an start a new one with a moto x or??

If you have to trade your phone a second time, that third phone can be a different model, they don't even care about price difference. Just make sure to bring it up...

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
If you have to trade your phone a second time, that third phone can be a different model, they don't even care about price difference. Just make sure to bring it up...

Oh i had no idea about that! Ok ill definitely keep that in mind. I love the One but because of the purple tint issue with pics an also having to press the power button to unlock all the time ,it pushes me away because the X seems more convenient with the notifications screen. But time will tell with these One replacements.

By the way do they give you a return policy for the 3rd if it is a different new phone? Or once i get it its a done deal?

Last edited:

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have an S4 and just bought the developer edition X (only because I need 32gb and that's the only way to get it on Verizon right now). Going to fire that up once it comes in and test it out. If I don't like it, I'll return it/sell it and keep the S4. But everything I'm hearing about the X makes me think I'll love it - I've been wanting stock android again ever since I had my Galaxy Nexus. I don't really even have a major problem with the S4, although I'm not a HUGE fan of TouchWiz - it does have a few hiccups here and there - overall I think it's a great phone, too. I don't think you can go wrong either way. Good luck with your new X!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have an s4 Google Edition that I swap SIMs in with my moto x. It took several days to get used to the smaller screen, icons, and text etc.

The moto x is great and I have used mine for almost two weeks and missed my s4 with its larger screen, bigger keyboard etc. It is also thinner and lighter. I also missed using Google wallet on my S4 GPe. Will run with my S4 for a few days.

So no, not given up, but in addition to.

Posted from my bada$$ GT-I9505G

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

You can always sell your ONE and pick up a Moto X off of Swappa or EBay. You should be able to almost break even.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
You can always sell your ONE and pick up a Moto X off of Swappa or EBay. You should be able to almost break even.

i tested the replacement,camera was flawless but there was light bleeding at the bottom of the screen =( i like the Ones camera an video quality compared to the X but love the X features so im stuck between the two in choosing. Att has another replacement coming on monday,im sure it wont be the last but itl be my 2nd so far.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I tried using the Moto-X but although it's a nice phone my OLD eyes need the slightly bigger screen on the S4. I think the S4 camera is better and maybe I was doing something wrong but the driving mode didn't work with the bluetooth in my car. Maybe it's not supposed to work that way. IDK Also it doesn't have the top of the line specs but it works just as well as any of the top phones because of how they (Motorola,Google ) have optimized everything thereby proving you don't have to have the most or highest in every category to have a great phone.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, why would someone be crazy to swap an S4 for an X? Just like to hear opinions as I'm about to do that exact thing.

See funny faces...

Anyway, in all seriousness, I have played with a few moto x phones in the last week. They feel and work pretty good, but the camera on my GS4 is way better, and I like the bigger screen of my phone.

Also, Motorola burned me with my previous phone; the Photon 4G, just a couple of weeks before releasing ICS to us and they backed down! :thumbdown::mad::banghead:

So, I don't want to say never cause I might eat my words in the future, but let's say that I won't buy a Motorola device in a long, veeeeeery loooooooong time!!!

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, why would someone be crazy to swap an S4 for an X? Just like to hear opinions as I'm about to do that exact thing.

I don't think you would be crazy at all. I'd make that trade without thinking twice about it. Better battery life, form factor, useful features and a much better U.I.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay