Wrong number dialed via intergarted car Bluetooth

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
This is an occasional occurrence I have been experiencing my my Moto X. On occasion, when using the voice dial feature via my car's bluetooth (instead using Touchless control on the Moto X), it will dial the wrong number. Here is an example of what happens:

CAR: "main menu"
Driver: "Call Joe Smoe on mobile phone"
CAR: "Would like to call Joe Smoe on mobile phone?"
Driver: "Yes"
CAR" "Dialing Joe Smoe on mobile phone."
The phone dials instead a total different person.

Now, this does not happen all the time, but once every other day. It has never happened with my LG Optimus S, Pre 2, and my wifes iPhone 4S. I rediscovered the phone and it still has the same issue. All mentioned phones share the same contact lists from google.

I have a 2010 VW Jetta with a RCD510 head and a 9w7 bluetooth module.

Has anyone else had this issue?

(Pardon for the misspelling in the subject line)

Last edited:

rader023

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen in my car while dialing recent calls on my cars screen. It dialed the right person but the wrong number. It even stated the right number (mobile) on recent calls and called my wife's (home) number instead. I have not been able to repeat.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I had that happen on my Galaxy Nexus at least twice. By any chance, do you use Haxsync?

I have not use haxsync.

Since I happened on your nexus, it may be a nonspecific android issue.

Were you guys driving VW or some other make?

Posted via Android Central App

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I had this happen in my car while dialing recent calls on my cars screen. It dialed the right person but the wrong number. It even stated the right number (mobile) on recent calls and called my wife's (home) number instead. I have not been able to repeat.

In my Jetta, there is a screen in the center of the dash that will tell you the name of who is being dialed. It would also say the correct name but on the phone it would show the wrong person (the wrong number being dialed).

It just occurred to me that it started doing this when I received Sprints OTA update. It has happened give times in the last week.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463