Soak Tests - Time frame question?

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
the AT&T soak test from start to finish was one whole week, by the 8th or 9th day, it rolled out to the rest of the AT&T users.

Interesting...and good info. However those of us on VZW well know that they do things...*differently* most times. I recall one of the soaks on the Bionic went for weeks between the 1st email to do the survey monkey step and the start of the soak. In fact, the OTA was pushed to my phone *before* the 2nd email that announced the soak start.! I had mostly forgotten I'd done the survey and thought the soak had been done without me and was getting the OTA as part of the normal distribution!

I'm surely looking forward to the bug fixes that are promised, whenever and however it gets here.

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
The soak test is Motorola. I would guess that Verizon(carrier) has approved the update when the survey is sent.

Posted via Android Central App

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
From what I gather "usually" the emails are sent out then 1 week later the soak test begins. Then the soak can last 1-2 weeks and it goes in waves of a few thousand people at a time. Now of course there were times where the email has gone out and then nothing happened for a few weeks due to a last minute issue that was found so a new build needed to be created. For the X though I doubt this will happen as there were builds released on T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T and Rogers.

I could see the soak starting as early as Saturday night.