Well I did want one..

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I love the Moto X, it took me a while after the announcement to really like it, and I have always defended it to my last breath. But the more hate I see on it, the more my mind wanders. I don't plan on leaving Verizon anytime soon, and its the only one I like over S4, One, G2 (Don't like their skins mostly). But all the hate about the customer service, removable battery, lack of sd card, ok I never had to deal with any of those except sd card but I could go around that.
I want the phone but don't at the same time. Guess I get that for not picking it up while its hot.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I love the Moto X, it took me a while after the announcement to really like it, and I have always defended it to my last breath. But the more hate I see on it, the more my mind wanders. I don't plan on leaving Verizon anytime soon, and its the only one I like over S4, One, G2 (Don't like their skins mostly). But all the hate about the customer service, removable battery, lack of sd card, ok I never had to deal with any of those except sd card but I could go around that.
I want the phone but don't at the same time. Guess I get that for not picking it up while its hot.

It's better than my S3 by far.

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I am NEVER happy with phones.. Ask my family, gf and co workers lol...

I've had the iphones. Galaxy's. Attic and htx one x..

This is by far. The greatest phone I've owned.. And you'll be the envy of your friends with Google now and active notifications...

I have the Samsung rep at my store envious. And other iPhone lovers wanting the phone BC of the okay Google now feature....

No complaints. Screen is higher pixels then the iPhone! More innovative and has a great battery. Camera is also great..

I see the hate from techies. They see the specs. But that's it. And they are spec whores..

In reality. Motorola coded android and made the technology work. Its not a dual core... Its more like a quad core... Cores specifically made for gestures and voice. It allows for low battery consumption!

Don't be a tool and follow. Just buy the phone. You have what? 15 days to return? So test it for a week!

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I currently own the HTC one, moto x, lg g2, and s4 gpe. Out of them all, I am digging the moto x the most right now. Can't get over the form factor. I also love my one. Its a tough choice, however don't hesitate picking up a moto x. Great device.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I know, its the only device I have my eyes set, except maybe Nexus 5 but I'm on verizon. I just can't stand the hate on the device anymore, I know theres some stuff Motorola need work on like cs, but the device is perfect. Guess its because I spent so much time reading and learning, the new phone hype wore off.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I consider it one of the best android experiences out there. I am amazed everytime I use it. I prefer the all black with the woven back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I know, its the only device I have my eyes set, except maybe Nexus 5 but I'm on verizon. I just can't stand the hate on the device anymore, I know theres some stuff Motorola need work on like cs, but the device is perfect. Guess its because I spent so much time reading and learning, the new phone hype wore off.

For some reason the hate is extreamly high.. It's PURELY becuase of spec's though.. Listen to why people hate it: Oh it has low CPU's, the GPU sucks, pppsshhhh that screen, eww the camera is horrible.. Its a Motorola Product-it'll overheat..

Nobody EVER SAYS (which are actually the Pro's)
The Archetecture of the CPU's is fantastic! The GPU can hold its weight for some time and is on par with higher spec phones, the Camera is really good-specially after the Camera Update, The Form Factor works great! and fits right in your hand comfortably. the screen size is fantastic for the actual phones size, the battery life is incredible! the screen is really good, and you couldnt tell its only 720. As well as: Active Notifications is the greatest thing on a phone since Apple Announced the iPhone, or the "Okay Google Now" function is fun, and actually useful more then you think + it'll make your friends envious!

Just saying! Get the phone!!! lol.

P.S. I love making fun of my iPhone friends who have to ACTUALLY touch their phone and hit a stupid button for Siri.. And my other Android friends who have to find the actual app or have it enabled through the home button.. Simply slide up from the home button or just say okay google now.. BAM.. Also the Moto Assist while driving works in your pocket.. Had it happen to me, it was AWESOME It listened to me while driving in my pocket! forgot it was there, saved me from a very expensive ticket :p

BrokenKid

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
For some reason the hate is extreamly high.. It's PURELY becuase of spec's though.. Listen to why people hate it: Oh it has low CPU's, the GPU sucks, pppsshhhh that screen, eww the camera is horrible.. Its a Motorola Product-it'll overheat..

That's the problem with doing your homework when buying a new phone (I've been doing the same thing lately) - all you read are the tech-focused people who want the latest/best/spec-heaviest device out there. Instead, if you read reviews, you'll see that most of them are very positive, citing the same basic shortcomings but pointing out the same positives.

There's an equal amount of love/hate for all devices out there. It's the nature of the Internet. Ignore the hate and try playing with the phone you think you want and see if it's right for you.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

Notice how the haters have just about dissapeared once the phone came out. Cuz now there is nothing to say. lol.

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

Don't get it. Don't get _any_ phone you don't absolutely want. You'll have buyers remorse.

Also, stop listening to other people so much.

Oh, and go for a walk. The fresh air will clear your head.

That is all...

TheBigBass

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
That's the problem with choosing today's smartphones with on paper stats. Some brands know this is the norm and put having those top specs as their number one priority. Motorola took a huge risk sidelining on paper specs and it didn't totally pay off because a certain group of consumers will always be on the fence because of those paper specs. I do assure you however, that if you palm the Moto X and S4 in both your hands and starting playing with the same applications the decision is even harder to make. The Moto X has feature that are unique to it and cannot be compensated for through specs, active notification and always ready google now capabilities will come in handy and when they do... That will be the exact moment you're sold. You're friends will notice (but not mention) how fast you can get to dealing with notification, its seconds but enough to impress.

There are only 2 peiece of hardware, that are serious and constitute as the actual cons to this phone. Firstly there is no SD card, this is actually a much bigger deal than most of make it seems. However, there are the people that will need it and the people that wont because they are light users or already attuned to cloud computing and moving around data. It really hinders your ability to play games on the phone, I always like to keep FIFA and a racing game on my phones for when I might need it (I will likely have to sacrifice the racing game). I know plenty of people who have maxed out SD cards on their S4 so those people literally spit at the thought of 11GB of usuable memory. I am also dreading the idea of deleting photos because I don't have any room, as useless at it is I rather liked having all the photos I've ever taken on the phone with me. I just don't understand how some manufactures like motorola are giving use constant upgrades in hardware to do more but they're not expecting us to have to store more data? The second huge downfall is the camera. This is debatable but the camera is frustrating more so than terrible, its comparable with all the other cameras out there on a good shot (not the Lumina). The focusing capabilities are sluggish and adjustments to lighting to aggressive, re-calibrating at even the slightest changes. The camera is great however with sufficient detail and the best color replication in my opinion, its not saturated like samsung photos. I rather prefer the natural colors you get from the moto x instead of everyone's lawn being emerald green when really that's not the case. The other bad thin is the lowlight shots, not the facts that they are dark like every other smartphone camera, but the fact that the photo quality really deteriorates in low light. As someone who takes most (all) of my photos during with my nightlife or fishing, bad low light photos really upset me but in the end it wasn't enough to deter me. A lot of my best catches have been at either sunset or sundown when things are very dim and nothing pisses me off more than a bad shot of an impressive catch. Regardless of those two downfalls, which you can see I am really bothered by (not enough obviously) this phone is perfect for me, actually I think it as made just for me so you guys are welcome.

detroitmikeb

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
It's an amazing phone. Form factor is PERFECT! and the UI is extremely, extremely, extremely smooth. It's by far the best Android I've owned, including the HTC ONE

fierro951

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I am NEVER happy with phones.. Ask my family, gf and co workers lol...

I've had the iphones. Galaxy's. Attic and htx one x..

This is by far. The greatest phone I've owned.. And you'll be the envy of your friends with Google now and active notifications...

I have the Samsung rep at my store envious. And other iPhone lovers wanting the phone BC of the okay Google now feature....

No complaints. Screen is higher pixels then the iPhone! More innovative and has a great battery. Camera is also great..

I see the hate from techies. They see the specs. But that's it. And they are spec whores..

In reality. Motorola coded android and made the technology work. Its not a dual core... Its more like a quad core... Cores specifically made for gestures and voice. It allows for low battery consumption!

Don't be a tool and follow. Just buy the phone. You have what? 15 days to return? So test it for a week!

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

This guy...

Is my phone twin. I'm switching to a different phone every few months because I'm never happy with one. The moto x is finally something I really enjoy. The only thing that could make it better would be Nexus fast updates, but that's more a dream than a complaint. So I'm happy :)

I did see someone else say if you aren't excited for a phone, don't get it. I agree.

Except the X. Its the exception. Buy it.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Do it now!

Yeah think I'll wait for Moto Maker too. Thats what I've been waiting for. Plus 32GB. (Though I ended up living fine with 16gigs (I don't find phones very nice for media (movie/video) consumption.) Just a simple Navy Blue back with maybe a nice accent, nothing too extreme. But mine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12