Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Here's what I've disabled -

Caller Name ID
Google Play Books
Google Play Magazines
NFL Mobile (the original, there's a new version in the Play Store)
Quickoffice (the original, there's a new version in the Play Store)
Verizon Tones
VZ Navigator

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I was relatively surprised (& happy) to see my X had minimal bloatware compared to my S4/new "Droids".

I disabled
- Caller Name ID
- VZ Navigator
- Original Quick Office (downloaded new as well...not sure why it just doesn't update the original)
-Verizon Tones
- Migrate (Really cool idea...dumb implementation. My S4 had 28gigs of stuff and it doesn't allow you to choose what you want to transfer so all my videos/pictures/music was being moved)

I wish there was a way to hide apps like on my S4 because many of them I want, but don't necessarily need to see when I open my app draw.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
- Caller Name ID
- Google+
- Mobile Hotspot
- NFL Mobile
- Quick Office (original)
- Verizon Tones
- Voicemail (Verizon's)
- VZ Navigator

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
These are the ones I disabled since I dont use them.
Caller Name ID
Migrate
Migrate Reader Library
Migrate Writer Library
Mobile Hotspot
NFL Mobile
Sync Service
Verizon Login
Verizon Tones
Voicemail(vzw's)
VZ Navigator

Edit:
added
Google Play Books
Google Play Magazines

Last edited:

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I've disabled -

Caller Name ID
Google Play Books
Google Play Magazines
NFL Mobile (the original, there's a new version in the Play Store)
Verizon Tones
VZ Navigator

When you disable these, do they stay disabled? Or when you say turn off/turn on (reboot) your phone do they then become enabled again?

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't have Verizon moto because I am AT&T, but I disabled the Google Now cards, location access in maps->settings and uninstalled Facebook. Seem to drop battery drain quite a bit.

Posted via Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't have Verizon moto because I am AT&T, but I disabled the Google Now cards, location access in maps->settings and uninstalled Facebook. Seem to drop battery drain quite a bit.
Posted via Android Central App

Yup I still have Google Now Cards disabled too.I forgot to mention that .

tender

Jan 13, 2010
terpconnect.umd.edu
Thanks for the list! I received my Verizon Dev Moto X today, will replace my Galaxy Nexus. I am excited to have the Moto X, but also unhappy with the Verizon bloatware. Just like when I was using my g'nex, I will remove the bloat and quickly forget about it.

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I wish there was a way to hide apps like on my S4 because many of them I want, but don't necessarily need to see when I open my app draw.

If you use Nova Launcher it can hide apps, or perhaps even better create a folder in the app drawer for infrequently used. I use folders for all Google Apps, games, messaging, and streaming (sometimes utilities, too) and I'm left with just a couple of pages of apps that are easy to find.

I've disabled
- Caller Name ID
- Mobile Hotspot
- NFL Mobile
- Verizon Tones
- Voicemail (I use google voice)
- VZ Navigator

I'm about to disable quickoffice, I didn't realize there was a different version in the play store. It appears Backup Assistant cannot be disabled from the normal apps menu.

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
In the same vein as Quickoffice, I've noticed there's a Google Calendar app in the Play Store... and I can't tell if that's a newer version than what's baked in on the phone. It feels like it is, but the version numberings are completely different from each other and are not compatible. Anyone know if it's better to disable the original calendar and download from the play store?

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Is it safe to disable Backup Assistant Plus and Backup Assistant+ Contacts Client? Hate having any VZW software on my phone.

I have the Verizon Moto X as well and I'm hesitant to disable any of the bloatware. Not because I don't want to, but I'm concerned that it will create problems. Is this a real possibility? They like to threaten you with that message "If you disable this app you will lose data and it could cause other apps to misbehave". Is that a real possibility, or do you think it's more of a way for Verizon to keep people from disabling their crapware?

slg1906

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the Verizon Moto X as well and I'm hesitant to disable any of the bloatware. Not because I don't want to, but I'm concerned that it will create problems. Is this a real possibility? They like to threaten you with that message "If you disable this app you will lose data and it could cause other apps to misbehave". Is that a real possibility, or do you think it's more of a way for Verizon to keep people from disabling their crapware?

I've disabled ALL of the Verizon bloatware. After a month with my X, I have noticed no problems.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the following disabled:
Caller Name ID
My Verizon Mobile (company device, no access to account)
Sync Services (Verizon-red icon with a cloud in it)
Verizon Login
Verizon Tones
VZ Navigator

No issues with those disabled.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800