restocking fees

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm returning a iphone 5S to TMO since I bought a Moto X. They are charging me a $50 restocking fee. Does the restocking fee cover missing items or would they charge me for a missing charger? My wife likes her iphone 5S and only I am returning mine but it never hurts to have an extra charger around so I thought if they are charging me $50 for the return maybe I should keep the iphone charger.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I think you're going to need to return everything. I've returned phones in the past during the trial window, and the salesperson made sure to check that everything was in the box.

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. After paying $600 for the Moto X out right would have been nice to get some kind of freebie :) Oh well, guess my wife will have to do with just one charger for her iphone.

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Did some checking and having returned many items in my life and never been charged a restocking fee, found it is against the law to charge restocking fees in the State of Hawaii.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Did some checking and having returned many items in my life and never been charged a restocking fee, found it is against the law to charge restocking fees in the State of Hawaii.

It should be that way everywhere. ;)

sent from Moto X

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

Not only should it be illegal, but if you are returning an Apple product you should get a bonus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool