Price Cut?

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Are people generally ok with 16GB? I bought mine in a drunken moment and am thinking that the 32GB would have been so much better in the long run

Yes, more than enough at 16gb. Photos generally don't take up a lot of space and I back them up to my Google Drive about once a month. I have over 400 songs on my phone as well as Google Play music. Only play a couple of games that take any real space. Still have 6.5 gigs of space available.

BShepSupaB

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Went to check it out at BB. They wouldn't price match at all. Tried Amazon again and it showed my data plan options correctly, sort of. It didn't force me into a shared data plan anymore but it would still not let me keep my 2Gb data plan, moving me up to 3Gb one. I may have to fix that when I get the phone delivered. So, 16Gb one ordered at $99. Woo hoo! :)

I got mine at BB mobile yesterday, showed them the amazon price and they matched it with no problem!

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Are people generally ok with 16GB? I bought mine in a drunken moment and am thinking that the 32GB would have been so much better in the long run

I would have much preferred a 32GB, but that's cuz i'm old fashioned and like to have my music on my actual phone. (but also i live in NYC and taking the subway requires files be on your phone cuz no streaming). I also like to put video on my phone. I have a little external drive thing (the meenova) but would prefer not have to have load files onto it, plug the thing in, keep it handy, look for it, etc.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I got mine at BB mobile yesterday, showed them the amazon price and they matched it with no problem!

Just depends on the wireless manager at BB. Some will match with no problems, others will say no to even local price matches. I recently upgraded 3 different android phones at Sams Club, saved over $200 over BB. Asked BB to price match and they refused even though their policy says they will match.

"Does Best Buy match the prices of a Warehouse club?
Yes. We do match the prices of Warehouse clubs as long as the Warehouse club is a local retail competitor, has an identical immediately available product and all other price match criteria are met. We do not match the online prices of warehouse clubs if they vary from store prices."

I did not argue with them, just went over to Sams and did the upgrade. I am on Verizon and they were giving me a little problem keeping my existing plan (not unlimited, but double data on all phones). The Sams agent helped me talk to Verizon and the process was quick and easy. Personally I found the experience easier than the last time I upgraded through BB.

As for saving money, don't give the OP an hard time. Some of us live on more limited budgets. My last phone purchase almost 2 years ago I went through Amazon and saved $1,000 on 3 phones ($299 each on contract). I got them on a black Friday deal for $.01 each. The Verizon Corporate store was not happy, at the time they were not allowed to give any big discounts on LTE phones. The one thing to remember about Amazon if you buy from them, you are limited on what changes you can make for six months or they can charge your account $299.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I would have much preferred a 32GB, but that's cuz i'm old fashioned and like to have my music on my actual phone. (but also i live in NYC and taking the subway requires files be on your phone cuz no streaming). I also like to put video on my phone. I have a little external drive thing (the meenova) but would prefer not have to have load files onto it, plug the thing in, keep it handy, look for it, etc.

Thanks for the input. I never heard of that "meenova" thing, so was just checking it out. Looks cool, but it seems like plugging it in and out and keeping track of that tiny thing could be a pain

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate the input on the 16 v 32gb option. It seems like most folks are cool with the 16gb even though 32 is only $50 more

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Still and Ry . . Love your moto x? Would you have any experience comparing it to the droid maxx? Appreciate your inputs . . . thanks ;)
I haven't used Droid Maxx but if your preference is battery Maxx is the king.

if you like ergonomic design with small form factor(for a 4.7 inch screen) and gorgeous display Moto X wins.
It feels soooo great on hand. I absolutely love it. you have to hold it to understand what i am talking about.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used Droid Maxx but if your preference is battery Maxx is the king.

if you like ergonomic design with small form factor(for a 4.7 inch screen) and gorgeous display Moto X wins.
It feels soooo great on hand. I absolutely love it. you have to hold it to understand what i am talking about.

Thanks, yeah I like a good strong battery but realistically I plug it in at night anyway so as long as the x gets me thru the day (and most reports seem to say it does) then I should be ok.

And even though I haven't held one I understand what you're saying, just looking at it its obvious to me that its designed/shaped for comfort. I always loved the feel of the vzw galaxy nexus and this lools similar/better

thetruthkc

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
moto x now $99 on moto maker site
AHHH... we'll that does it. I was in on the BestBuy $100 LG G2 deal this week... after 3 days with it, I just don't think such a big device is usable for my needs. I'm coming from a iPhone5. I think the MotoX will be my one time exchange for AT&T.

Now, I just need to get BestBuy to price match. Maybe, I can have them match price and give me a code to go make one on the website. $50 extra now for the 32GB doesn't seem that bad (@$150 total with custom color).

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
AHHH... we'll that does it. I was in on the BestBuy $100 LG G2 deal this week... after 3 days with it, I just don't think such a big device is usable for my needs. I'm coming from a iPhone5. I think the MotoX will be my one time exchange for AT&T.

Now, I just need to get BestBuy to price match. Maybe, I can have them match price and give me a code to go make one on the website. $50 extra now for the 32GB doesn't seem that bad (@$150 total with custom color).

As far as I understand you can only get a Moto Maker code at an AT&T Corporate location. You would have to return your G2 to Best Buy and have them reverse your upgrade (pain in the ***, been there and done that) then go to an AT&T Corporate store and purchase a Moto Maker code. Best Buy has dropped the price of their AT&T Moto X (16gb Black or White) to 99 on contract so you should be able to do an even swap if you could live with the solid black or white version.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
529 for AT&T version, off contract. I wonder if you can buy it, and then have AT&T unlock it, to use anywhere you want.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads up also if anyone is looking to add a line with AT&T the 16gb woven black or woven white models are free with a new line at Best Buy right now!

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

thetruthkc

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
As far as I understand you can only get a Moto Maker code at an AT&T Corporate location. You would have to return your G2 to Best Buy and have them reverse your upgrade (pain in the ***, been there and done that) then go to an AT&T Corporate store and purchase a Moto Maker code. Best Buy has dropped the price of their AT&T Moto X (16gb Black or White) to 99 on contract so you should be able to do an even swap if you could live with the solid black or white version.

I guess I'll head in this weekend to see what they can do. I'd love to have a 32gb custom color, but I think I'd be fine with the $100 16gb black woven one too. I'm really trying to give the LG G2 a chance, but the more I use it this weekend, the more I desire the Moto X. Since this is my first foray into Android, I guess there is a learning curve... I hope I don't have buyers remorse with the Moto X and want to switch back to the LG (or even iOS). ;)