Verizon: Moto X 139.15.1.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US Released (The Camera Update)

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Does it hurt to be so slow? Don't worry, the light will come on soon.

Yes I see it now. Hey I was pissed about the vzw dev edition. I really wanted it until I looked into it. Huge disappointment. Still don't get why someone would spend the money on one.

Posted via Android Central App

LFD153

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
So? Does it fix call quality? I've had to use a wired headset just to talk to my GF since on my second moto x. Had to hold out to see if the update fixed since I love the phone so much.

Posted via Android Central App

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
So what good is the Developer Edition if it does not get updates first?

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

It depends on what type of developer you are.
App or ROM developers will need the unlocked bootloader to get at parts of the system for testing. You can install the ROMs you're writing without the unlocked bootloader, but only if your ROMs are based on stock firmware and using stock kernel. Your ROM might be built on a custom kernel, no?
If you are simply a website or web application developer like me, it's not going to be much more good than the standard version. It's just a good vanilla phone for testing most functionality on a smaller screen (I use the Nexus 10 to test against the latest pure Android and larger screen functions)

Looking forward to grabbing one of these when Motomaker comes to Verizon

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I considered a dev edition pretty strongly because I used to be big into ROM flashing, but over the last year or so I've noticed my flashing toned down quite a bit with apps and launchers able to let me create a lot of what I want without needing Root or Unlock at all. So far I think I've had about 15 seconds where I considered rooting my X, but to be honest, it was just to do it, not for a real usage need. Any real in system tinkering I want to do, I have a couple of Nexus 7's and I still have my old nexus phone to play with.

southpaw75

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Not getting this update yet. Went to system update on settings and it goes and looks for it but nothing is available. Do they roll this out a little at a time vs. putting it out there for everyone?