Better Battery Performance after VZW Update?

PlayDLine

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I got the soak update yesterday, and have rebooted the phone several times since.
Today, from this am when I unplugged the phone until right now, I've gotten great battery life - much better than I had been at least.
Has anyone else seen this as an unexpected benefit of the update? It was never mentioned so maybe it's just my device.
It'd be good to know if others have had this experience.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My battery life seems about the same,which was already great btw.
I been running the update since Tuesday Oct .22 installed at 910 am.
Yup ,now that soak test is over I can say I was in it.

sent from Moto X

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
My battery life seems about the same,which was already great btw.
I been running the update since Tuesday Oct .22 installed at 910 am.
Yup ,now that soak test is over I can say I was in it.

sent from Moto X

I will neither confirm nor deny that I was or was not in said soak test but it will say that my battery life does seem better as of late!
My Verizon signal still blows inside the work compound though. I need a booster

Posted via my MotoX

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Just got my update this morning but the battery on this thing has been incredible (compared to my old VZW GNex) since day one. I no longer worry about charging halfway through the day.

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon signal still blows inside the work compound though.

That's funny......I have the EXACT same issue inside of my work campus.......I've been told that VZW supposedly put in some things within the building(s) to help boost the signal here but that whatever they did actually made it worse......and VZW supposedly can't figure out why. And I guess I shouldn't say it's necessarily a "signal" issue where I'm at.......I pretty regularly have 2-3 bars of signal strength........it's the absolutely abysmal data transfer speeds that are the issue. Showing a 4G signal but barely able to muster .5 Mbps generally. And it doesn't get any better going outside of the building until you get several blocks away and seemingly pickup a different tower....

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
That's funny......I have the EXACT same issue inside of my work campus.......I've been told that VZW supposedly put in some things within the building(s) to help boost the signal here but that whatever they did actually made it worse......and VZW supposedly can't figure out why. And I guess I shouldn't say it's necessarily a "signal" issue where I'm at.......I pretty regularly have 2-3 bars of signal strength........it's the absolutely abysmal data transfer speeds that are the issue. Showing a 4G signal but barely able to muster .5 Mbps generally. And it doesn't get any better going outside of the building until you get several blocks away and seemingly pickup a different tower....

Wow that is totally the same issue here. You must work in my building Lol.

We can have 3 bars and full on 4G and still feels like freaking dial up. Frustrating because that destroys the battery life just searching.

Posted via my MotoX

truenoob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I have to say the battery life is noticeably better post update. I got the update last night. So far today I'm only down to 81% from full charge and have been off charge for 6.5 hours with 32 minutes of screen time. Bluetooth, GPS, 4G all on - no wifi.

Evgeshais300

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Wow that is totally the same issue here. You must work in my building Lol.

We can have 3 bars and full on 4G and still feels like freaking dial up. Frustrating because that destroys the battery life just searching.

Posted via my MotoX

Hey you guys work in my building???? i think i had better speeds on 3G iphone 4.
NYC downtown west side by the water, desk next to window 2/3 bars on 4G. Took forever to send images via email from phone to work.
As soon as i'm out of the building thou i get great speed and full 4/5 bars.

My battery life is not too bad but i know if i had better signal it'd be much better.

64% = 8hr23min with 1:15 screen time + 40min of Pandora on the way to work

That still puts me into 20hr+ on single charge which is good with me.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup thats not bad on battery .
This phone is kinda spoiling me as far as battery goes.
As of right now ,screen on time total is right at 1hr.53 minutes 48 sec
11 hrs 23 minutes 38 seconds phones been on and at 52% battery level.
I havent had the screen on for extended periods at a time, maybe 15 minutes lenght at a time ,for video,gps,browser.
On WiFi's for 9 hrs 29 minutes total
Other then that just emails,text messages and receiving phone calls.
I would call it medium use I guess.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty