When I plug in my wired earpiece/headphone for conference calls or my headphones for music, it goes into vibrate mode automatically. But...

When I plug headphones in, the phone goes into vibrate mode but the media volume is set to zero every time. So if I want to watch movies/video or listen to music with the headphones plugged in, I have to raise the volume from ZERO every single time.

And when I unplug the headset/earpiece, the volume settings don't always seem to reset properly. For example, sometimes the media volume remains muted; other times the alarm volume is muted.

And my phone ringer volume doesn't always seem to 'reset' during the unplugging to the level it was prior to the plugging in of the headphone/earpiece.
    10-23-2013 07:00 PM
    Settings > sound > volumes
    Set each as desired.

Install Volume Locker app and enable lock for the once you need.

I use Volume locker to force ringer into vibrate mode. Many times I found myself changing ringer volume unintentionally. Volume locker changes it back to vibrate after few sec unless I tell it not to.

Posted via Android Central App
    imurrx likes this.
    10-23-2013 07:36 PM
    Settings > sound > volumes
    Set each as desired.
    Uh, yeah, I know that very well. The problem is that with each plug/unplug, I have to reset the volumes to their correct state. And, as I mentioned, when I plug headphones in and start playing music or videos, I have to manually increase the volume for the media setting as it is defaulted to a muted level.

Something seems "off" to me in that regard.

Edit: That being said, I LOVE my Moto X. Best phone I've ever had. I still love it as much as the day I first got it. (I just with Verizon had the Moto Maker on day one...)
    10-23-2013 10:49 PM