I know that phone specs regarding battery life always fudge the numbers, but is anyone else seeing ridiculously poor "talk time" on their Moto X?

My battery is currently at 80%. 22% of the battery drain so far has been from voice calls... which lasted 10 minutes and 32 seconds.

That means 10 minutes and 30 seconds of voice calls drained 4.4% of the battery. That implies if the phone was doing nothing else, I'd get just about 4 hours of talk time out of the phone.

The specs say 13 hours.

That seems like a pretty absurd discrepancy. Does anyone else have such poor talk time battery usage? Is there anything I can do about it?
    10-24-2013 11:57 AM
    I'd suggest a factory reset, after backing up apps, data, and photos. Generic fix, but it's straightened out my android battery problems before.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-24-2013 12:04 PM
    I know that phone specs regarding battery life always fudge the numbers, but is anyone else seeing ridiculously poor "talk time" on their Moto X?

My battery is currently at 80%. 22% of the battery drain so far has been from voice calls... which lasted 10 minutes and 32 seconds.

That means 10 minutes and 30 seconds of voice calls drained 4.4% of the battery. That implies if the phone was doing nothing else, I'd get just about 4 hours of talk time out of the phone.

The specs say 13 hours.

That seems like a pretty absurd discrepancy. Does anyone else have such poor talk time battery usage? Is there anything I can do about it?
    My phone also gets very poor talk time. Sprint.

I don't think that 13 is even something I would think possible, they even listed something like 17 for the HTC One, and that's the not the case either, but 4 hours is quite low. Gimme 7-8 with 5% left over and that would be good.
    10-24-2013 01:35 PM