10-31-2013 03:57 PM
33 12
tools
    Strange, my iPhone5 lasted easily from 7am - 10pm, moderate usage, podcasts, music, web browsing. mostly on wifi (screen brightness at 80%). With the G2, I am basically doing the same thing, but can barely get it to 7pm (screen brightness at 65% - and auto brightness).

Anyway, I'm sure I can do some tinkering and process stopping and feature toggling to get the G2 to perform better, but out of the box, I just was expecting more.

Hope the MotoX is a better battery experience.
    The iPhone has better standby time so if you're rarely using your phone that might be why. I've seen people get 7+ hours of screen time on their G2 with around 40% brightness. The Moto X has pretty good battery as well, Motorola "promises" 24 hours on a charge but ymmv

Posted via Android Central App
    10-27-2013 01:52 PM
    I was faced with the same choice, and just picked up the moto x. I went with it over the Nexus 5 because of size (little bit smaller and I already have a note 3), and because of the comfort and feel of the device. This thing is quick, and very very very easy to just pick up and use. Touchless control and Active display are honestly two of the best features I have ever used on a phone. It is just so easy if you are text/message/email a lot. Just very easy to see messages and respond. I love this device, and it might be my favorite Android phone.
    benhmadison likes this.
    10-28-2013 08:33 AM
    I can get 24-26 hrs out of a single charge most times on my Moto X, with what I can medium use(3.5 hrs screen on time).
    I also agree its quick and very responsive,has all the built in features I need .(the rest I can get from playstore)
    I wont be getting the N5 for several reasons.Although I have had a Nexus type phone before (Galaxy Nexus)
    1.)Im not really wild about LG,it would require me to do alot of reviews to change my mind.
    2.) I dont think VZW will get the N5 and so:........with no other carrier in my area that offers accepatable coverage that alone would defeat the purpose as well.
    Even if vzw did unexpectablely get the N5 for reason of # 1 , that would most likely push me away from it.
    Basically Im happy with my Moto X
    10-28-2013 09:20 AM
    Looks like the Nexus 5 will have touch less control similar to moto x. Not sure about active notifications.

Sent from my Moto X!
    10-31-2013 03:16 PM
    Looks like the Nexus 5 will have touch less control similar to moto x. Not sure about active notifications.

Sent from my Moto X!
    Be interesting what the nexus 5 features are, but I am definitely sticking with my moto x.

10-31-2013 03:18 PM
    Active notifications are by far my favorite feature of this phone (and the one that makes other people most jealous). Touchless control is cool and comes in handy sometimes, but I don't use it a lot.
    10-31-2013 03:22 PM
    Keeping my moto x! But...also ordered a 32GB Nexus 5! 450 with tax and 2 day shipping...could not resist!

Sent from my Moto X!
    10-31-2013 03:25 PM
    I think touch less control only works on the home screen or when in Google now on the nexus 5. At least that's what it says on their website http://www.android.com/versions/kit-kat-4-4/index.html

I guess we'll have to wait for the reviews.

10-31-2013 03:57 PM
33 12