I'm using Aviate now but seriously like what Cover is offering too. Just waiting for the invite on that one.

https://www.coverscreen.com

Looks pretty cool. Thoughts?

Posted via my MotoX
    10-28-2013 08:35 AM
    I gave up on Aviate, as I felt like I was always manually telling it I was at home or work, and many times I needed apps that weren't for that situation anyway. I just realized that my uses don't change a whole heckuva lot depending on my location, so I went back to my old launcher.

But cover looks interesting in that only the lockscreen changes without changing your whole homescreen. This sounded like some good middle ground to me. Can't tell you how I like it though b/c I have yet to receive the requested invite.
    fldude99 likes this.
    10-28-2013 11:59 AM
    I ditto that. After a couple of weeks stopped using Aviate. Still have it installed just in case it gets some updates (isn't it still in beta?). Cover seems like it will be something to ck out but I also haven't received the invite.
    10-28-2013 02:54 PM
    I was skeptical about Aviate, but it seems to be much more reliable with regards to my location than the original release. While it is occasionally presumptuous, it's quick to correct it.

For me, Aviate represents a nice, clean, fresh look and function to launchers. I've been using Nova Launcher Prime for several years, and while I had that tweaked exactly how I wanted it, Aviate has become my launcher of choice because it is functionally rich, simple to use, and pleasing to look at. The thing about my Moto X is that unlike my old Droid Bionic, I now actually USE my Moto X more than I tweak it. It has become more of an appliance than an excuse try/buy yet another app to optimize it. And for me, Aviate fits right into that scenario nicely.
    myRT and Anthony_NE like this.
    10-28-2013 03:28 PM
    I was skeptical about Aviate, but it seems to be much more reliable with regards to my location than the original release. While it is occasionally presumptuous, it's quick to correct it.

For me, Aviate represents a nice, clean, fresh look and function to launchers. I've been using Nova Launcher Prime for several years, and while I had that tweaked exactly how I wanted it, Aviate has become my launcher of choice because it is functionally rich, simple to use, and pleasing to look at. The thing about my Moto X is that unlike my old Droid Bionic, I now actually USE my Moto X more than I tweak it. It has become more of an appliance than an excuse try/buy yet another app to optimize it. And for me, Aviate fits right into that scenario nicely.
    I agree totally. I thought a couple of times to switch back to Nova but I haven't. I really like Aviate. Although there were a lot of functions of Nova that I grew attached to, that makes cover more attractive to me... In theory.

Until I get a hold of cover, my current launcher is Aviate

Posted via my MotoX
    10-28-2013 04:24 PM
    I'm trying new launchers all the time and have been playing with Aviate for the past 3 days (If anybody wants an invite, PM me with your email address as I still have 3 left). I do like the look of it and it is very smooth and fast. It has some potential with a little tweaking but agree that the location finding aspect of it isn't real accurate. I'll keep playing with it for awhile and see if that part improves with updates.

I've also got Nova Prime, Atom Launcher and Themer (beta) and there are different aspects of each that I like. Isn't Android great?

Cover is a little different as I understand it as it isn't a launcher but rather a lock screen replacement that gives you quick access to apps based on contextual information it gathers. It does look interesting and I signed up for it but haven't received an invite yet either. My nephew said he's been conversing with one of the app developers and they are trying to work out some bugs before they release it to more people.
    10-28-2013 06:10 PM
    how does this work with Active notifications and Voiceless control's one of the Launcher's i've used in the past completley messed up my Active Notifications :/
    10-28-2013 10:02 PM
    how does this work with Active notifications and Voiceless control's one of the Launcher's i've used in the past completley messed up my Active Notifications :/
    Aviate works fine with those features
    10-28-2013 10:04 PM
    Biggest gripe with Aviate after a month of use is that I can't save a shortcut to the app 'drawers' or home screen app location. I used to have 30 speed dial numbers (99% of all calls made) on a single icon on the home screen and Aviate just will not let you place anything but apps in the app locations. I have tried a contact widget which works but takes up too much space.

I would say overall once I got it setup and running with the correct apps for the correct uses it has turned out to be a wonderful experience.

Oh, and I can't find the setting to turn off the voice announce while in driving mode. That is driving me insane.
    01-16-2014 04:54 PM
    Biggest gripe with Aviate after a month of use is that I can't save a shortcut to the app 'drawers' or home screen app location. I used to have 30 speed dial numbers (99% of all calls made) on a single icon on the home screen and Aviate just will not let you place anything but apps in the app locations. I have tried a contact widget which works but takes up too much space.

I would say overall once I got it setup and running with the correct apps for the correct uses it has turned out to be a wonderful experience.

Oh, and I can't find the setting to turn off the voice announce while in driving mode. That is driving me insane.
    What is that?
    01-16-2014 08:53 PM