Ever since the latest update (camera fix) from VZ was pushed out, I noticed I'm no longer getting notifications in the System bar for emails. I think this is happening because my emails aren't getting pushed or checked according to the interval I've set. Is anyone else having this problem? I checked the notification settings and they are enabled. I did however, disable the actiive notifications since I get way too many e-mails to be getting active notifications all the time.

When I open my e-mail app (stock app) I noticed new e-mails are not there until the refresh retrieves them -- which happens automatically when I open the application.

I'm wondering if there is some new setting I'm missing since the new update. Again this was working fine before the latest "camera" update. I have tried rebooting my phone with no success. I haven't tried deleting and then adding the accounts, not sure I want to do that with gmail. I currently receive gmail, yahoo (stock app) and exchange emails (work) on my device and none of the notifications are working.
    10-28-2013 01:22 PM
    this happened to me on my olde Android devices. after major OS updates - i lost PUSH Gmail. the only thing that fixed it both times was a hard reset back to factory fresh and then a manual reinstall/resync of everything one by one.

good luck.
    10-28-2013 01:27 PM
    this happened to me on my olde Android devices. after major OS updates - i lost PUSH Gmail. the only thing that fixed it both times was a hard reset back to factory fresh and then a manual reinstall/resync of everything one by one.

good luck.
    I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this cause I just set it all up, but I think I may have to try this. Thanks for the feedback.
    10-28-2013 02:09 PM
    Want to turn off email notification on MOTO X
    11-07-2013 10:27 PM
    Go into your primary box then go to settings. Notifications are most likely turned off for each box.

You have to individually select each box and choose your notification setting.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-07-2013 10:36 PM