ISIS Wallet - Verizon

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Howdy,

Has anybody messed around with Verizon's Isis wallet on their Moto X? I really have not heard much in the last month or so, but saw it was in the Play Store so I downloaded it and it let me activate my "secure element" which I assume is my ISIS enabled SIM card. Anyway it looks like it's ready to go I just need to add some cards into it and I can tap and pay.

Anybody else try it yet? Did I miss the grand announcement that it was available nation wide?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Im pretty sure ISIS just works in the test cities of Austin,Tx and Salt Lake City ,UT right now.
Im not sure when it will be ready nationwide.
Having said that I think you will have to go to a vzw store if on vzw and swap out sim card.
If not on vzw again not sure on that.

Edit:
Also this about Capital One pulling out
A little over a week ago, we received the email you are seeing below, which is a statement from Capital One, informing us that they were leaving the Isis Mobile Wallet pilot test. As you all know, Isis is the mobile payment joint venture between Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T that is essentially the reason we all can’t enjoy Google Wallet to its fullest. They have been working on this mobile payment system for what seems like forever, only launching in two test markets last year. With semi-recent word that they had a nationwide rollout planned before the end of 2013, we thought all was well. But with news of one of their biggest credit card partners leaving, what’s left for Isis?

sent from Moto X

Last edited:

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't need a special SIM card as my Moto X already came with an ISIS ready SIM card. But yeah, you might be right about it not working anywhere else yet. Also I can only add a Chase or American Express card. No Visa avilable so I can't even test. Lame.

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
It works wherever you can do tap-to-pay. Even though the "pilot" markets are Austin and Salt Lake City, it uses the same NFC payment as Google Wallet, Amex ExpressPay, Chase Blink, etc. I've been using it here in NYC in cabs, drug stores, groceries, etc.

You do need an American Express card (any of them) or certain Chase branded credit cards which will be what probably kills the dream here. But it works, and works extremely well so it'll be a shame if it goes away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad