11-03-2013 02:28 AM
28 12
tools
    It adds new feature/command "find my phone", bug fixes and accessibility features for visual impaired ..

If you haven't already updated go get it

Posted via Android Central App
    Paisley likes this.
    10-28-2013 09:17 PM
    It adds new feature/command "find my phone", bug fixes and accessibility features for visual impaired ..

If you haven't already updated go get it

Nice! Finally... It seems as if the touch less controls gets better and better.

10-28-2013 09:20 PM
    Wasn't this just updated in the camera update?
    Nice anyways. Keep em coming moto. (15mb update? wow)
    This is the most updates I've received on any device.
    10-28-2013 09:39 PM
    Wasn't this just updated in the camera update?
    Nice anyways. Keep em coming moto. (15mb update? wow)
    This is the most updates I've received on any device.
    Some of us haven't got the camera update yet.. Which is why I'm glad touch less controls is in app form.. Glad to see the update w out having to wait for a system update

Using my Moto Droid Maxx
    10-28-2013 09:42 PM
    Some of us haven't got the camera update yet.. Which is why I'm glad touch less controls is in app form.. Glad to see the update w out having to wait for a system update

Using my Moto Droid Maxx
    thank Google
    10-28-2013 09:49 PM
    I just updated it and don't see the "find my phone" option. Am I missing it?

Posted via my MotoX
    10-28-2013 09:53 PM

Posted via my MotoX
    Just say okay Google now ..find my phone ..

10-28-2013 10:08 PM
    Which doesn't sound as goofy as " call my droid" lol.. I like find my phone better

Using my Moto Droid Maxx
    10-28-2013 10:10 PM
    So, maybe I'm missing something. While using your phone you ask Google Now to find your phone? What's the point of this? Or is it for the setup of find my phone?
    fldude99 likes this.
    10-28-2013 10:12 PM
    So, maybe I'm missing something. While using your phone you ask Google Now to find your phone? What's the point of this? Or is it for the setup of find my phone?
    Lol! I'm with you on this. Like asking your wife where your keys are while you're holding them in your hand
    10-28-2013 10:17 PM
    Or if you think it's within earshot of your voice, but you can't find it, it rings it for you?. That would seem to make more sense.
    10-28-2013 10:18 PM
    Actually, you are to go to http://www.motorola.com/support, sign in to Motocare, click on your device, then click on Lost Device on the right side of the top banner...it works.

(You are registered with Motocare, aren't you?)
    10-28-2013 10:21 PM
    Actually, you are to go to http://www.motorola.com/support, sign in to Motocare, click on your device, then click on Lost Device on the right side of the top banner...it works.

(You are registered with Motocare, aren't you?)
    We're all aware of that, but the Option said something about the update adding a "find your phone" feature to touchless control.
    10-28-2013 10:38 PM
    Or if you think it's within earshot of your voice, but you can't find it, it rings it for you?. That would seem to make more sense.
    I've used the voice control "call me" to find my phone. . It was in my purse and even though it's a small purse it was dark outside and it was eluding me by hand. I went through that brief 'uh oh, what if i lost my phone' moment. . and viola, it lit up. Love that they added the equiv to the find my droid feature.
    10-28-2013 11:01 PM
    A good example would be if you lost your phone in a particular room and cannot find it. Find my phone will ring until you can locate it's position. Happened to me yesterday. Girlfriend kept calling my phone and it was buried deep inside my couch.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    10-28-2013 11:24 PM
    I've used the voice control "call me" to find my phone. . It was in my purse and even though it's a small purse it was dark outside and it was eluding me by hand. I went through that brief 'uh oh, what if i lost my phone moment. . and viola, it lit up. Love that they added the equiv to the find my droid feature.
    With the phrase "Find my phone" it pops up a screen with a dotted line wandering all over the place and an odd 'ding-ding-ding' till you tap the screen.
    Paisley likes this.
    10-28-2013 11:30 PM
    yeah tried this yesterday, worked well when I was within 3-4 feet of the phone, not beyond that. I would have been happier had it worked when in the 8-10 feet range
    10-29-2013 04:57 PM
    With the phrase "Find my phone" it pops up a screen with a dotted line wandering all over the place and an odd 'ding-ding-ding' till you tap the screen.
    Yea tried it just now. It's a nice feature

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    Paisley likes this.
    10-29-2013 08:50 PM
    Man, i have to wait 10 more days to try it. Just sent my moto off today so they could fix it.
    10-29-2013 09:22 PM
    Man, i have to wait 10 more days to try it. Just sent my moto off today so they could fix it.
    What happened to your Moto X?

10-29-2013 09:32 PM
    What happened to your Moto X?

It had a wee accident, fell out of my bag to a concrete death. . poor moto.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...ugh-phone.html
    10-29-2013 10:20 PM
    It had a wee accident, fell out of my bag to a concrete death. . poor moto.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...ugh-phone.html
    Ah, you getting new one or fixed?

10-29-2013 10:22 PM
    Ah, you getting new one or fixed?

Sent it in to motorola for repair. But the back is broken, the inside screen and who knows what else, so I won't be suprised if they end up sending a refurb since that's essentially what they would be doing to mine anyway.. (i thought i was insurance by sprint, but my cancellation took effect as soon as a cancelled just a little while earlier so i went the motorola route).
    10-29-2013 10:43 PM
    Sent it in to motorola for repair. But the back is broken, the inside screen and who knows what else, so I won't be suprised if they end up sending a refurb since that's essentially what they would be doing to mine anyway.. (i thought i was insurance by sprint, but my cancellation took effect as soon as a cancelled just a little while earlier so i went the motorola route).
    Ah... I bet they got a lot of refurbs by now since a ton of people returned their phone because of bad call quality. BTW.. How long did it take you to get the $100 gift card from the trade in? I am thinking of doing that as well.

10-30-2013 12:47 AM

Posted via my MotoX
    This update uses Touchless Control. I know Motorola has their own but I don't know too much about it. But for Googles service it's located in the "Google Settings" application. Which just needs to be merged with settings.
    10-30-2013 03:41 AM
28 12