Motorola Skip - how are you using it?

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
i have one at work on my desk, though i've stopped using the skip all together. it was inconvenient and rarely worked. i got the zomm bluetooth tag on my keychain and set as a trusted device, which works great compared to the skip.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Just got my new moto x yesterday. since I use a PIN I put the skip on my belt loop this morning and have used it a few times. Pretty cool not having to enter my PIN.

The NFC tags I have still work on my moto x for WiFi at home and Bluetooth in the car.

Sent from my Moto X!

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I had one stuck to my desks at home and work, and one on the dashboard of my car .... but I've stopped using them.

I have installed the "Delayed Lock" app with it's WiFi plugin. I have it set up to keep the phone unlocked whenever I'm on my work or home wifi (re-locks when you leave the designated wifi), and therefore don't need the dots anymore.

In my car, I'm going to stick the dot on a plastic* cell phone holder and then it will just stay unlocked when I'm in the car with it. (btw, with this phone, it's really handy to use a dashboard-mount phone holder. The handless / always listening controls for sending and receiving text and phone calls, playing music and navigating, are all really great.

I tried using the magnetic fob one day, but I immediately lost it. Several days later found it stuck to a metal object in a bag of miscellaneous stuff I'd cleaned out of my car. I'll probably never use that thing.

*When I first got the phone, I was in a series of meetings for a week and tried to put the dot on my laptop - but they don't work when they're stuck to a metal surface. I re-discovered that today when it wouldn't work right with the holder I have in my car. Turns out it is also metal, but with a foam pad on it. The dot would work sometimes, but really flakey. I'll get a plastic holder.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
i have one at work on my desk, though i've stopped using the skip all together. it was inconvenient and rarely worked. i got the zomm bluetooth tag on my keychain and set as a trusted device, which works great compared to the skip.

Very good idea...a bit more pricey however. Where did you find a deal on the zomm?

JZambrano

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll occasionally carry the magnet skip on my belly loop or thin pocket.

I have one dot placed on my wallet. I tend to carry my phone and walker back to back, do that's handy.

When I first got the skip, I would attach the magnetic one to the back of my phone. That way it we always unlocked. Once I got a case, that didn't work anymore.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781