car bluetooth issues?

ddorbuck

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, ok I have a 2004 VW Jetta with the GROMAudio BT3 bluetooth interface wired directly into my car via the cd changer port. My Moto X phone seems to drop the bluetooth connection to in on random times. I was using the BeyondPod pad cast while driving to work when it kept happening so I thought that the non beta version I had may of been the culprit so I updated it to the latest beta which according to the dev forum for it addressed some bluetooth audio issues. Unfortunately even after but not as frequently the bluetooth disconnects. I started an email chat with the GROMAudio people this morning but during lunch while driving using the play music app I did not drop any bluetooth audio so i figured the beyondpod program (even the beta) was buggy. So to rule that out I downloaded another podcast app Pocket Casts but that also dropped bluetooth audio so I'm not 100% where my issue is. A quick search on this site for bluetooth has lots of posts from lots of people even some using cars and having connectivity issues. I may have to return the gromaudio adapter if I can't get a solid bluetooth connection to stay. A bluetooth phone call also disconnected and transferred back to the phone from the BT unit.

Is androids bluetooth stack buggy? I was an iPhone veteran prior to getting the moto X and assumed all would be the same bluetooth wise. Anyone have any similar issue or see anything like this on the moto x ?

I think I will fire up the email again with the GromAudio people and see where that goes.

Thanks. Doug

thetruthkc

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, ok I have a 2004 VW Jetta with the GROMAudio BT3 bluetooth interface wired directly into my car via the cd changer port. My Moto X phone seems to drop the bluetooth connection to in on random times. I was using the BeyondPod pad cast while driving to work when it kept happening so I thought that the non beta version I had may of been the culprit so I updated it to the latest beta which according to the dev forum for it addressed some bluetooth audio issues. Unfortunately even after but not as frequently the bluetooth disconnects. I started an email chat with the GROMAudio people this morning but during lunch while driving using the play music app I did not drop any bluetooth audio so i figured the beyondpod program (even the beta) was buggy. So to rule that out I downloaded another podcast app Pocket Casts but that also dropped bluetooth audio so I'm not 100% where my issue is. A quick search on this site for bluetooth has lots of posts from lots of people even some using cars and having connectivity issues. I may have to return the gromaudio adapter if I can't get a solid bluetooth connection to stay. A bluetooth phone call also disconnected and transferred back to the phone from the BT unit.

Is androids bluetooth stack buggy? I was an iPhone veteran prior to getting the moto X and assumed all would be the same bluetooth wise. Anyone have any similar issue or see anything like this on the moto x ?

I think I will fire up the email again with the GromAudio people and see where that goes.

Thanks. Doug

I had issues with my G2 with the Beyond Pod app. I had a Kinovo bluetooth adapter plugged into the aux in. The iPhone 5 paired and played flawless. The -G2 constantly crashed. The device froze and was unresponsive. I ended up returning it and exchanging it for the moto X. It works amazing with my adapter. All controls workand pairs eexactly how the iPhone did. I am fully satisfied with the Moto X now.

One thing I had trouble with was when I plugged in a power source while the G2 was paired. It also helped to toggle blue tooth. Not the most optimal solution, but maybe it will help you troubleshoot.

Sorry to hear about your issues with the X.

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
For the record the X currently doesn't use the stock Android bluetooth stack, they actually use a 3rd party implementation that I think? is called bluez or something similar (im drawing a blank). The reason being is that Android didn't include official Bluetooth 4.0 support until Android 4.3 was released so manufacturers have either have to license a 3rd parties stack or write their own until this point. It's currently unknown if the 4.3 OTA will switch back to the official stack or continue with an updated 3rd party stack. There were some engineering builds that leaked that you could look at to see if it uses the stock stack or the 3rd party stack.

I've also had a few issues with the bluetooth on the Moto X and I'm just waiting for the 4.3 OTA to "hopefully" resolve it.

ddorbuck

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys. Funny today after un-pairing and re-pairing my phone to my car it was solid and did not drop at all on my 30+ minute morning commute.
So im hoping it is all set and boy I would love to see 4.3 soon or (Let me dream) 4.4 kitkat when it arrives come to the moto x soon!

Thanks again. Doug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze