Hello there... hoping for a little help. Is there a to hide certain albums or items from the gallery? Not sure what is happening, but all of my album art for music I loaded onto the phone is showing up in the gallery. Not really a big deal, but would be nice to hide it if I can. Had this happen once on a prior phone and I remember being able to select albums to show and hide in the Gallery App, but I cannot find the same functionality on the X. Thanks in advance,
    10-31-2013 12:35 PM
    Hello there... hoping for a little help. Is there a to hide certain albums or items from the gallery? Not sure what is happening, but all of my album art for music I loaded onto the phone is showing up in the gallery. Not really a big deal, but would be nice to hide it if I can. Had this happen once on a prior phone and I remember being able to select albums to show and hide in the Gallery App, but I cannot find the same functionality on the X. Thanks in advance,
    I would also like to hide certain albums from showing in the Gallery App on the Moto X. I cannot find an option for this either. The lack of responses here makes me think this is not an issue for most people. The silence makes me miss the Blackberry forums. Someone over there would have at least told you it was not possible.
    11-06-2013 12:56 PM
    In order for a folder with pictures not to be scanned by media service and to hide from the gallery, you need place a file named ".nomedia" into the folders you want to be hidden from the gallery

Posted via Android Central App
    11-06-2013 01:26 PM
    The gallery QuickPic might be better than your stock gallery and has the option to hide albums.

BTW, not sure about, but .nomedia files in the music folders might bother the music player.
    11-06-2013 02:26 PM