Moto X over Nexus 5

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Well with no touchless controls or active notifications I can honestly say that the Nexus doesn't even entice me a bit and with the rumors that the camera is subpar even more of a reason to stay put. My brother has been waiting for Nexus announcement and asked "what do you think I should get?" With confidence I answered the moto x man. You just can't beat the features and functionality. Now with Moto confirming 4.4 we will be at the front of the race still.

My 2cents.

Posted via Android Central App

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I am definitely sticking with the X because I love its form factor and its abilities. However, the nexus 5 may have tricks up its sleeves and there is always its hardcore fans. For those debating whether to get the X or 5 than I suggest trying both in-store before deciding. Some people may like flashing their own ROMS and etc...

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I do like my Moto X but could not pass up the Nexus 5. I like the Nexus devices and plan to use them both! Already got my case and screen protector for the N5. Certainly larger than the Moto X but lighter and certainly lends itself to one handed use if you want to.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I was strongly considering trying out the N5 but it looks a little too big for my preference. Looks like a great device but nothing I would ditch my x for.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking the same. Getting the n5 I'm a nexus fanboy beyond belief.

Problem is this: Motorola is doing a fantastic job updating the device. Adding more and more to the phone as days go by while maintaining dam near stock.. Also they are updating stuff through the play store (camera for instance) the nexus has a lot of channels to go through..

Pros: you get major updates fast
Cons: other updates may take awhile where Motorola is proving they are a great company that can keep their devices up to date

sent from my MOTO X using the android central app | Adv Repair Agent-geek squad

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had a Nexus phone and liked it.I do really like all the features of the Moto X.Also the way Google has updated both Touch less controls and camera from the playstore.I not about to give up my Moto X for the N5 and can not afford 2 devices. Im sticking with my Moto X

sent from Moto X

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I was strongly considering trying out the N5 but it looks a little too big for my preference. Looks like a great device but nothing I would ditch my x for.

I got my Nexus 5 TPU case and screen protector today. While bigger than the S4, it is barley so... certainly can use one handed. Got the 32GB for under $450, so could not resist! I saw they are already sold out so glad I jumped on one.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I got my Nexus 5 TPU case and screen protector today. While bigger than the S4, it is barley so... certainly can use one handed. Got the 32GB for under $450, so could not resist! I saw they are already sold out so glad I jumped on one.

Yes I was definitely pleasantly surprised at the price! Great deal indeed! Let me know how it compares to your moto x.

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy I picked the Moto X, I know I would be twiddling my thumbs waiting for the next resupply of the N5 knowing it'll sell out in minutes like the N4 did. The camera update today improved pictures.

And it's smaller than my HTC One X which sits better in my pant pocket.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk Pro

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Ordered my N5 at 11:02am. Probably gonna end up selling my Moto X, but we'll see.

Posted via Android Central App

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
You can add active notifications to N5 with dynamic notifications app. Phones seem to be pretty similar, but I'll have to see some reviews of N5 before deciding.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm also surprised nobody mentioned physical size.
A lot of nerds like myself Love Nexus/Stock Android, but still long for the days when phones were realistically sized.
Just because I'm nerdy doesn't mean I don't want to slip the phone in my pocket and not ruin my lines.

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised they made the Nexus that size. I figured it would have been the same as the N4, just with a bigger screen. If you have a Sony store nearby, check out the Xperia ZL which is basically a Z with a much smaller form factor and no waterproofing. The ZL is barely bigger than my X, but has a 5" screen. I was hoping Google would be around that size, but no dice.

Definitely sticking with the X for sure. I'd say it's the perfect size for a phone right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad