11-10-2013 10:24 PM
153 123 ...
tools
    Well with no touchless controls or active notifications I can honestly say that the Nexus doesn't even entice me a bit and with the rumors that the camera is subpar even more of a reason to stay put. My brother has been waiting for Nexus announcement and asked "what do you think I should get?" With confidence I answered the moto x man. You just can't beat the features and functionality. Now with Moto confirming 4.4 we will be at the front of the race still.

My 2cents.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-31-2013 06:30 PM
    I am definitely sticking with the X because I love its form factor and its abilities. However, the nexus 5 may have tricks up its sleeves and there is always its hardcore fans. For those debating whether to get the X or 5 than I suggest trying both in-store before deciding. Some people may like flashing their own ROMS and etc...
    davidnc likes this.
    10-31-2013 06:42 PM
    I do like my Moto X but could not pass up the Nexus 5. I like the Nexus devices and plan to use them both! Already got my case and screen protector for the N5. Certainly larger than the Moto X but lighter and certainly lends itself to one handed use if you want to.
    davidnc likes this.
    10-31-2013 06:54 PM
    I was strongly considering trying out the N5 but it looks a little too big for my preference. Looks like a great device but nothing I would ditch my x for.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    big_time2 and davidnc like this.
    10-31-2013 07:08 PM
    I was thinking the same. Getting the n5 I'm a nexus fanboy beyond belief.

Problem is this: Motorola is doing a fantastic job updating the device. Adding more and more to the phone as days go by while maintaining dam near stock.. Also they are updating stuff through the play store (camera for instance) the nexus has a lot of channels to go through..

Pros: you get major updates fast
    Cons: other updates may take awhile where Motorola is proving they are a great company that can keep their devices up to date

sent from my MOTO X using the android central app | Adv Repair Agent-geek squad
    RedLux likes this.
    10-31-2013 07:16 PM
    I have had a Nexus phone and liked it.I do really like all the features of the Moto X.Also the way Google has updated both Touch less controls and camera from the playstore.I not about to give up my Moto X for the N5 and can not afford 2 devices. Im sticking with my Moto X

sent from Moto X
    Buck-eye likes this.
    10-31-2013 07:20 PM
    I was strongly considering trying out the N5 but it looks a little too big for my preference. Looks like a great device but nothing I would ditch my x for.

I got my Nexus 5 TPU case and screen protector today. While bigger than the S4, it is barley so... certainly can use one handed. Got the 32GB for under $450, so could not resist! I saw they are already sold out so glad I jumped on one.
    10-31-2013 07:32 PM
    Gigaom posted a comparison photo -

Moto X over Nexus 5-tykik0q.jpg

iPhone 5S, Moto X, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (2013)
    Aquila, planoman, rayden8 and 2 others like this.
    10-31-2013 07:53 PM
    I got my Nexus 5 TPU case and screen protector today. While bigger than the S4, it is barley so... certainly can use one handed. Got the 32GB for under $450, so could not resist! I saw they are already sold out so glad I jumped on one.
    Yes I was definitely pleasantly surprised at the price! Great deal indeed! Let me know how it compares to your moto x.

10-31-2013 09:22 PM
    Yes I was definitely pleasantly surprised at the price! Great deal indeed! Let me know how it compares to your moto x.

Will do!
    10-31-2013 09:29 PM
    Got my order in today for a Black 32 GB N5! I cant freaking wait for this thing. So close now!!!!!
    10-31-2013 10:01 PM
    I'm happy I picked the Moto X, I know I would be twiddling my thumbs waiting for the next resupply of the N5 knowing it'll sell out in minutes like the N4 did. The camera update today improved pictures.

And it's smaller than my HTC One X which sits better in my pant pocket.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk Pro
    benhmadison and davidnc like this.
    10-31-2013 10:19 PM
    Geez. Have you guys even checked the battery life difference between the Moto X and Nexus 5?
    10-31-2013 10:51 PM
    Geez. Have you guys even checked the battery life difference between the Moto X and Nexus 5?
    I get 5-7hrs screen time on my moto x. 1 more hour max isn't that big of a deal to me and 8hrs is their claim with LTE off.

10-31-2013 11:16 PM
    Ordered my N5 at 11:02am. Probably gonna end up selling my Moto X, but we'll see.

10-31-2013 11:35 PM
    You can add active notifications to N5 with dynamic notifications app. Phones seem to be pretty similar, but I'll have to see some reviews of N5 before deciding.
    10-31-2013 11:50 PM
    With Google only updating for 18 months vs Moto for 24, the X might end up on a higher version android at EOL
    11-01-2013 12:12 AM
    With Google only updating for 18 months vs Moto for 24, the X might end up on a higher version android at EOL
    I guess I'm in the luxury boat because I don't plan on not buying moto x 2

11-01-2013 12:50 AM
    I'm also surprised nobody mentioned physical size.
    A lot of nerds like myself Love Nexus/Stock Android, but still long for the days when phones were realistically sized.
    Just because I'm nerdy doesn't mean I don't want to slip the phone in my pocket and not ruin my lines.
    11-01-2013 09:36 AM
    I'm surprised they made the Nexus that size. I figured it would have been the same as the N4, just with a bigger screen. If you have a Sony store nearby, check out the Xperia ZL which is basically a Z with a much smaller form factor and no waterproofing. The ZL is barely bigger than my X, but has a 5" screen. I was hoping Google would be around that size, but no dice.

Definitely sticking with the X for sure. I'd say it's the perfect size for a phone right now.
    11-01-2013 12:08 PM
    I get 5-7hrs screen time on my moto x. 1 more hour max isn't that big of a deal to me and 8hrs is their claim with LTE off.
    Idk what issues you're having. I've gotten 5-7 hours of gaming alone. My phone literally lasts me from 9am until about 11pm on normal usage. Streaming from Google Play Music, Youtube, Twitter, Google+, surfing the web, talk time, Hangouts, camera, etc. This is daily. I've never experienced anything near this good with another phone. Moto X does especially well when it's low on power. Seems to give an extra jolt of battery life in the end. Besides, I have Verizon :-/
    Ry likes this.
    11-01-2013 01:21 PM
    Idk what issues you're having. I've gotten 5-7 hours of gaming alone. My phone literally lasts me from 9am until about 11pm on normal usage. Streaming from Google Play Music, Youtube, Twitter, Google+, surfing the web, talk time, Hangouts, camera, etc. This is daily. I've never experienced anything near this good with another phone. Moto X does especially well when it's low on power. Seems to give an extra jolt of battery life in the end. Besides, I have Verizon :-/
    So true, I have yet to kill the phone. Two days ago I used the phone like crazy and actually got it to 1% at around 8pm (my classes end at 10pm). The phone kept going on 1% until I got home, even then it didn't die, but I still plugged it in. So heads up to everyone, when your X is at 1% it really is at like 25%
    11-01-2013 01:48 PM
    Big fan of stock Android Nexus, but completely happy with my Moto X. It gets awesome battery life and I couldn't stand to have a phone any bigger than this size..
    benhmadison likes this.
    11-01-2013 02:34 PM
    Hey my moto x is great .. The nexus 5 is great as well... I love my moto x .. These 2 phones will be the best smartphones today and now that is been confirmed kitkat 4.4 update on the moto x, cant wait to see what my moto x can do with the update...

big_time2 likes this.
    11-01-2013 03:40 PM
    You can add active notifications to N5 with dynamic notifications app. Phones seem to be pretty similar, but I'll have to see some reviews of N5 before deciding.
    Still not the same and no where near as power efficient

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2
    11-01-2013 03:55 PM
153 123 ...