Woke up and my Moto X is stuck at loading screen :(

Kleeberg

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Was there an update overnight? I don't have anything on my phone rooted, it's completely stock. When I woke up, my phone was off,which was weird because when I went to bed it was at around 60%. I tried to turn it on, but it's stuck at the X on the loading screen.

I've tried a reset, tried wiping the cache, tried a factory reset, but get nothing.

Any ideas?:-!

Kleeberg

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
After talking with Motorola's customer service, they are making me send my phone in for a repair. I will be without the phone for 7-10 days. Good thing I have a backup phone. I've heard of this happening on Nexus branded devices before, and I'm wondering if I should just ditch the X once I get the replacement for something else - I love the phone, but cannot risk not having a working phone if I'm on the road (I travel a lot for work).

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
After talking with Motorola's customer service, they are making me send my phone in for a repair. I will be without the phone for 7-10 days. Good thing I have a backup phone. I've heard of this happening on Nexus branded devices before, and I'm wondering if I should just ditch the X once I get the replacement for something else - I love the phone, but cannot risk not having a working phone if I'm on the road (I travel a lot for work).

That's rare, your the first to report this

Posted via Android Central App

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't ditch it. Overall it is a great device and as stated this is the first of hearing of this issue. I know it is frustrating but when it comes down to it, all devices have a certain defect rate or just plain malfunction or crash sometimes. I worked for several years in a Sprint service center and I've seen all phones from all manufacturers do this at one time or another including the iphone. I know that doesn't make it any less frustrating what happened to yours, but in my option the X would still be just as reliable as any other option.