Anyone have problems with your texting on you Moto after switching from iPhone?

thetruthkc

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I had a frustrating time with imessage, I had to log out of all my iDevice first. Then disassociate my phone number from all of them, then I could log back in.

One of my favorite things about Android is the choices in keyboards. SwiftKey really makes text entry really easy. It takes a little getting used to, but after a bit of practice, swiping and the predictive text makes quick work of all my text entry.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yea..although there's the occasional person that likes to stand up and say they don't use swiftkey to be "individual", I would like to see a survey. I'd have to say 70% of all android users use swiftkey a majority of the time.

Uhhhh...

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I had a frustrating time with imessage, I had to log out of all my iDevice first. Then disassociate my phone number from all of them, then I could log back in.

That's typical.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I want to keep my Moto X as stock as possible and stopped using Nova Launcher and other clock widgets but I just couldn't get used to Google keyboard. Selecting the word to autocomplete then having to press the spacebar is an extra keystroke when using the iphone or Google keyboard. With Swiftkey you select the word to autocomplete AND it inserts the space for you.

At least on mine, when I select a word from auto complete it may look like the space isn't there since the cursor hasn't moved, but if I just start typing the next word it automatically inserts the space. Give it a try. What does annoy me, though, is that it doesn't automatically insert a space after a comma.

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I'd be willing to bet that the majority (or close to majority) of Android users use whatever keyboard came installed on their phone. I'm sure a lot of people who aren't geeks like us aren't really aware of the keyboard options available to them. If SwiftKey has a majority of Android users, it's probably only because their software comes preinstalled on Samsung phones.

I had the motorola droid on verizon when I first got swiftkey. It replaced my blackberry storm. It was #1 android app then.. I took a hiatus from android for awhile. I went windows phone, then iphone, etc. I always missed swiftkey. I always thought texting on android was better then the other phones. When I got my dna in janury, I still owned swiftkey and my previous apps. Its been what, 3 years now?

swiftkey is still the #1 app I believe. Thats a whole lot of people downloading, and I have no idea how much money.

I think being at the top of the chart gets the word out to non geeks.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yea..although there's the occasional person that likes to stand up and say they don't use swiftkey to be "individual", I would like to see a survey. I'd have to say 70% of all android users use swiftkey a majority of the time.
I don't text much so Motos keyboard / googles keyboard respectfully on my device served their purpose. Not always as fast, but gets it done. I find physical superior anyways. Plus all those installs still 4$, I find that bit much for a keyboard. I tried it free, men, not sure if its improved since then.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I had the motorola droid on verizon when I first got swiftkey. It replaced my blackberry storm. It was #1 android app then.. I took a hiatus from android for awhile. I went windows phone, then iphone, etc. I always missed swiftkey. I always thought texting on android was better then the other phones. When I got my dna in janury, I still owned swiftkey and my previous apps. Its been what, 3 years now?

swiftkey is still the #1 app I believe. Thats a whole lot of people downloading, and I have no idea how much money.

I think being at the top of the chart gets the word out to non geeks.

And remember that Android has grown A LOT over the past three years. That means lots and lots of very casual users. I know people who don't know how to find keyboards or what to look for in order to find a good keyboard or, really, apps in general. I've spoken to at least one person who doesn't even use the homescreens because he thinks it's too complicated. I tried to explain, but he didn't even care to find out. He just opens the app drawer to find apps.

Yes, lots of people might have downloaded the app, but don't discount the number of people who really don't know much about their phones. Many people don't even care outside of being able to use email, text, and social media. So long as those things work for them, they don't look any further when it comes to using their phones.

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
At least on mine, when I select a word from auto complete it may look like the space isn't there since the cursor hasn't moved, but if I just start typing the next word it automatically inserts the space. Give it a try. What does annoy me, though, is that it doesn't automatically insert a space after a comma.

Thanks a bunch I did not know that. I'm using the Google keyboard now and will give it a try.

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
This being my only smartphone, I can only compare it to my spouse's IPhone5. The first and foremost thing she likes about my phone compared to hers is the keyboard - the swype type feature built in (she also wishes she could have the touchless "OK Google Now" type of voice commands, and the Assist Driving mode). She was absolutely shocked (as was I) that there isn't an IPhone app with that keyboard feature. We're both newbies and therefore aren't totally familiar with the downsides of Steve Job's insular world (we're familiar with the upsides, there are a lot for sure).

I haven't tried swiftkey, but probably will since it's so highly recommended.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Umm, I'd say 99% of Android users aren't even aware that you can change the stock keyboard. That said, if they did know, I'd say 70% would probably love SwiftKey. ;)

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
This has nothing to do with the keyboard. It is a glitch with switching from a iPhone to a Android. I turned off the iMessaging and also find my iPhone before activating my Android. Now I still cannot receive text from a iPhone, only non iPhones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad