I've had my moto x for about 2 weeks now. I love everything about it. I noticed while cleaning the screen a creaking sound from the back cover. It comes from just above the carrier logo. There is a dead space there that you can see when you push on the back cover. Anyone else experience this? Is it worth trying to exchange? Is not a custom, just a plain black Verizon model.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-03-2013 11:01 PM
    I've had my moto x for about 2 weeks now. I love everything about it. I noticed while cleaning the screen a creaking sound from the back cover. It comes from just above the carrier logo. There is a dead space there that you can see when you push on the back cover. Anyone else experience this? Is it worth trying to exchange? Is not a custom, just a plain black Verizon model.

I also started to notice this on my two month old Moto X. Right under the carrier logo. Also, saw a post where others were having the same issue. I am still debating whether or not to contact them regarding it.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2
    11-04-2013 02:19 AM

I dont have that issue with mine.
    As far as yours goes I guess if it bugged me enough now is the time to bring it to their attention.
    If it was happening to mine,and it bugged me, thats what I would do .I guess there is no harm to show it to them and see what they say or do. Good luck.
    I did see another thread on this as well. I guess it has fell back a few pages
    11-04-2013 06:31 AM
    Resurrecting old thread here... noticed the same thing on my month old AT&T Moto X I got from Amazon - it makes a creaking sound around carrier logo. Requested a replacement from Amazon while I still had a chance and got a new one today. It's even worse than my old one right out of the box. Puzzled what to do about it now. Do they all creak like that, cause it sounded like some of you guys don't have a problem? Not sure what to do now - keep it like this creaking for the next 2 years or ask for another one from Amazon. I wonder if Amazon got a batch of them with backs like that. Getting yet another new one ain't gonna make a difference...
    11-23-2013 08:40 PM
    Mine creaks at the bottom of the back only but only if you press hard. Doesn't bother me at all but you should return it if it will bother you that much

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X
    11-23-2013 09:40 PM