11-03-2014 10:30 AM
42 12
tools
    Did you disable, or uncheck Drive Assist when using Utter?
    Once I've started using utter I've completely shut driving assist off. No need for it.

Posted via my MotoX
    11-10-2013 11:18 AM
    Yeah I love it too.

Yes. If you use the phrase to wake option it does drain the battery. On my battery meter it was a solid 5% of my daily drain. That's why I use it primarily when I'm driving. It's on the dock charging with wake on screen running so no big deal.

Posted via my MotoX

This isn't bad at all. If it's only a 5% drain for an entire day of use then it seems like utter is also able to take advantage of the motox's unique dedicated-core design infrastructure and minimize battery drain while always listening. I did some research this morning and most people using high end phones like the note 2 and htc one report substantial drain while using this app with the always listening option (while trying to ape the moto x). Sounds like 5% drain for an entire day is about what touchless control should normally drain. I'm going to try to use this app as my main touchless control option and disable the X's touchless controls to minimize battery drain. Since it integrates with google now, if utter doesn't recognize a command, it will just ask google now anyways, making the motox's touchless controls redundant.
    11-10-2013 11:43 AM
    I've tried to retrain the Moto X many times and it is still not working accurately. It activates with just"okay" or just "Google". Maybe I just have a confusing voice, it is a bit nasally.

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-10-2013 01:27 PM
    This isn't bad at all. If it's only a 5% drain for an entire day of use then it seems like utter is also able to take advantage of the motox's unique dedicated-core design infrastructure and minimize battery drain while always listening. I did some research this morning and most people using high end phones like the note 2 and htc one report substantial drain while using this app with the always listening option (while trying to ape the moto x). Sounds like 5% drain for an entire day is about what touchless control should normally drain. I'm going to try to use this app as my main touchless control option and disable the X's touchless controls to minimize battery drain. Since it integrates with google now, if utter doesn't recognize a command, it will just ask google now anyways, making the motox's touchless controls redundant.
    This is definitely one way to go. Although touchless control is a major feature, I don't use it so often that I want to bring a variable into what is a perfectly functional device for me. I have to believe it's an area that will be improved upon by Google/Motorola, but I would say a dedicated developer will probably always have a step up on a team working inside a huge corporate structure
    11-10-2013 07:22 PM
    There is no command to tell an alarm to snooze, is there?
    12-10-2013 03:26 PM
    There is no command to tell an alarm to snooze, is there?
    This would amazing. Customizing the command would be even better.
    12-10-2013 04:05 PM
    I've tried to retrain the Moto X many times and it is still not working accurately. It activates with just"okay" or just "Google". Maybe I just have a confusing voice, it is a bit nasally.

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app
    When you retrain, make sure you're in a dead quiet room.
    12-10-2013 08:33 PM
    Once I've started using utter I've completely shut driving assist off. No need for it.

Posted via my MotoX
    WOW! Just watched the Utter! video. Does it really work that well?
    12-10-2013 09:06 PM
    Did you ever find out for sure if Utter! caused more battery drain vs the stock moto touchless control app?
    10-13-2014 01:37 PM
    Is there a way to set a different app as the default for navigation? For example, I'd like to always use Waze. Could I set it up so that when I say "Navigate to Home/Work/Gym" it will launch Waze, insert the destination and begin navigating?
    10-21-2014 07:11 AM
    I'll be honest here, here are the 2 voice commands that I have experienced that don't work well at all:
    "Where's my phone " just on case you lost it in your house somewhere.

Play music. This feature works, but not very well.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-22-2014 06:59 AM
    Play music. This feature works, but not very well.
    It always wants to stream something on Play, never wants to just use what I have downloaded or local content. Even when I'm specific on what I want.
    10-22-2014 07:05 AM
    It always wants to stream something on Play, never wants to just use what I have downloaded or local content. Even when I'm specific on what I want.
    I just tried this with different artists. Play (artist name). It pulls from My Library consistently and starts playing but doesn't always start with the first album track. I'll admit all music is arranged as full albums so I don't know what happens if it's just Singles kept in My Library.
    10-22-2014 11:11 PM
    I rarely have an issue opening Waze with my voice.

"OK Google Now"

"Open Waze app"

Posted via Android Central App
    10-25-2014 12:59 AM
    I rarely have an issue opening Waze with my voice.

"OK Google Now"

"Open Waze app"
    Opening the Waze app isn't the problem. It's getting the "Navigate" voice function to choose Waze to do the navigation by default.
    10-27-2014 01:14 PM
    And how do you do that?
    11-03-2014 10:10 AM
    And how do you do that?
    I wish I knew!
    11-03-2014 10:30 AM
42 12