Good time to get Moto X

ragingclue25

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody I am seriously considering switching from my 4s to a Moto X. I was just wondering if this is a good time to get one. Should I wait for kit kat to come to the Moto X? Is the camera issue fixed? Also alittle off topic but what is the best way to manage music on the moto x
Thanks for any help

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody I am seriously considering switching from my 4s to a Moto X. I was just wondering if this is a good time to get one. Should I wait for kit kat to come to the Moto X? Is the camera issue fixed? Also alittle off topic but what is the best way to manage music on the moto x
Thanks for any help

The latest update made the camera significantly better. I wouldn't let the 4.4 update be the deciding factor.

My primary three devices are an HTC one, moto x & nexus 5.

I still can't get over the form factor of the X. Frankly one of the best phones ever designed. Period.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for any help

Right now is a good time to get a Moto X.

jwcdis

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
If i remember correctly the camera fix was thrown up on the android store. I think they were fedup going through carrier validation/OTA channels

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Considering Moto Maker is going to be available from Sprint/TMobile/Verizon in a week or less and the price has been cut, now's a great time to get a Moto X.

ragingclue25

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys. I have another question how is recieving pic messages on the Moto X is the quality that distorted . I rather not use another app if I do not have to.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys. I have another question how is recieving pic messages on the Moto X is the quality that distorted . I rather not use another app if I do not have to.

That's not solely dependent on the Moto X. The phone it's coming from and the networks involved play a factor.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Just to let you know, the real wood backs are coming to Moto maker soon. Probably rhey will drop around Thanksgiving for the holidays i would think. If youd be.in to those. I know i am:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I Paid 582 or so out the door for an at&t variant. Was 540 plus tax. This has been a month or two back

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Just to let you guys know I ordered the 16gb black Moto X from VZW for 50 bucks. Im excited to switch over

Great. Please let us know how you like it and if you have any questions about switching from iOS to Android.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have had this phone for a few weeks now. I also bought the Note 3 a few days ago and tried it out. I took the Note 3 back and went back to the Moto X.
The moto x is awesome. I was comparing pictures I took with the Note 3 and the Moto X on a 27" iMac (calibrated monitor) and I think the Moto is 99% as good as Note 3.
For $99 or $500, either way the Moto X is worth every penny. The note 3 was a great device, no issues at all, screen was beautiful but touch wiz spoils an otherwise good experience.
I also missed my hands free, active display, and always listening features.
The moto x is like owning pure android with sprinkles of awesome added. I love the clean, uncluttered UI.
It's one of the best feeling devices in the hand that I have ever owned. I am an Apple fanboy and switched to the Moto X and I do not miss my iPhone one bit.
I am in love with the Moto X. I may actually keep this one until the Moto X2 is released.
Buy one, you will love it. No need to wait for 4.4 the phone has 4.2.2 but Moto added some of 4.3 into the device without even having 4.3 and is why they are skipping straight to 4.4
Use Google Music myself.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have had this phone for a few weeks now. I also bought the Note 3 a few days ago and tried it out. I took the Note 3 back and went back to the Moto X.
The moto x is awesome. I was comparing pictures I took with the Note 3 and the Moto X on a 27" iMac (calibrated monitor) and I think the Moto is 99% as good as Note 3.
For $99 or $500, either way the Moto X is worth every penny. The note 3 was a great device, no issues at all, screen was beautiful but touch wiz spoils an otherwise good experience.
I also missed my hands free, active display, and always listening features.
The moto x is like owning pure android with sprinkles of awesome added. I love the clean, uncluttered UI.
It's one of the best feeling devices in the hand that I have ever owned. I am an Apple fanboy and switched to the Moto X and I do not miss my iPhone one bit.
I am in love with the Moto X. I may actually keep this one until the Moto X2 is released.
Buy one, you will love it. No need to wait for 4.4 the phone has 4.2.2 but Moto added some of 4.3 into the device without even having 4.3 and is why they are skipping straight to 4.4
Use Google Music myself.

My next phone will definitely have to be the X2 (if that's what it's called)
I like the stock Android experience and I would rather have that be available out of the box than have to flash a custom ROM. Although some ROMs significantly improve battery live :p

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Having used my Moto X for a bit over 24 hours I can say emphatically : "now is a good time and you should buy it on a day that ends in Y"

CutlaSS

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered my Verizon Developer Edition from Motorola and paid $675.00 (with tax). I didn't think 16 GB was enough for me, I use over 20 GB in my Gnex and am not interested in cloud storage.
I pray I dont have the voice cut out issue with it, I have been suffering with the 30min hangup bug on the Gnex and cannot tolerate voice quality issues after paying that kind of money.
I have not owned a motorola phone since 2007 and hope I am not disappointed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow